Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vacationing in Dubai

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:03am
^^^ Right.
Sponsored Links

Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:04am
Cosign Limalady--I love tripadvisor!!!  Thats my go-to site for researching vacays, hotels, and things to do.
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

Anyone have experience?

I heard 3 star hotels are like 4 star in the US.

What to do outside of shopping?

My mom is retiring from nursing in April and my birthday is in April so I'd like to do a retreat for the both of us.

Please share your experiences and thoughts.

Good resources:

Try searching through other travel guides (online and offline) outside of BHM to get extensive reviews and places of recommendation. Some general advice when visiting:

- Try to gain experiences that are unique that country (If I go to another country, I want to experience things- their food, places, culture, etc- that I can NOT experience in America. I don't understand why ppl go to different countries only to try American food - McD's, etc. Try their souqs, desert/safari surfing,  camel rides, visit landmarks, mosques, shopping malls, etc ).

-When visiting any place, read up on the customs and laws of that land. Learn what is appropiate and what isn't. This applies to anyone visiting any country, whether its somewhere in the Middle East or a country Europe.

Edited by purpulicious01 - Feb 05 2013 at 2:50pm
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:49pm

And have fun and enjoy your trip! Its refreshing to see that people aren't scared of visiting the Middle East and are open to traveling, seeing the world, visiting places outside the US (don't like the word 'foreign').

I'm sure you and your mother will enjoy yourselves. You should take pics of your trip and post them.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:51pm
I have Dubai pics, but I won't post them.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

+1
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 3:21pm
I'd haven't been to dubai since 2005. I stayed at 2 hotels. One was "cheap" but it was cool. The food sucked, everything that was in the fridge was at the cornerstore across the street.

There was a internet cafe around the corner and a KFC with a all you can eat buffet around the other corner. lol

I just shopped and looked around. It's pretty, but it's expensive and hot. After a while, it's boring. I was by myself though.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 3:22pm
I don't even know if I took pics. That airport is nice.

ETA: I stayed at the San Marco Hotel-cheap one. I forget the name of the other one - The other was the Golden Sands, I think.

Edited by nitabug - Feb 05 2013 at 3:30pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

+1

+ 2 (early 2008)
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Atleast you can chew gum as you please without fear of getting a ticket and walk anywhere without covering your hair/face.  Don't act brand new here--its a fact women have fewer freedoms in muslim countries then anywhere else.

What? Confused
You dont' have to cover in Dubai.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists