Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Vacationing in Dubai

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 10:16am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

it's like in sex and the city when Charlotte used her middle name of York....i don't necessarily think Tbaby's concerns are unfounded...I remember my friend was stranded in Morocco at the airport and the men refused to speak to her....she was wearing shorts...if you cannot deal with that potential possibility and the social and religious customs of said countries...it's best you stay ur ass in America..there are 50 states....get to going

i mean i refuse to go to Mexico....people can refuse to travel to different locales.
Mexico is scary and I live fairly close to the border.  I have a lot of coworkers who tell stories of family members kidnapped and killed.  It's not even surprising anymore.  I wanted to go to Monterrey but ermm....no.
Sponsored Links

*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 10:41am
lol I went to cancun in 2012 and it was all the way straight. Went bungee jumping and everything. Aint nobody was coming from no one out there. 
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 10:49am
A friend of mine just got back from Dubai and he liked the first couple of days. He called it an upscale Las Vegas. After shopping and eating there isn't much else to do.
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:07am
mexico? you can go to baja, tijuana, cozumel, and cancun and not feel like you even left the country. in fact it's quite boring. looks like a blend of la and miami.

i feel the same way about ochos rios, jamaica.

you guys need to get out more.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:11am
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

mexico? you can go to baja, tijuana, cozumel, and cancun and not feel like you even left the country. in fact it's quite boring. looks like a blend of la and miami.

i feel the same way about ochos rios, jamaica.

you guys need to get out more.

i've just blacked out the whole country in terms of vacationing.  there's a whole big world out there...not missing out by skipping Mexico. i've also never had the urge to go to Jamaica

Edited by EPITOME - Feb 05 2013 at 7:12am
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

A friend of mine just got back from Dubai and he liked the first couple of days. He called it an upscale Las Vegas. After shopping and eating there isn't much else to do.

Oh wow.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:01am
No offense to anyone here, but clearly BHM is not the place for travel advice outside of the US. How can people who either haven't been where you want to go, know very little about it, and/or have no intention of ever going give you advice on said place? Try asking people on TripAdvisor or other travel sites. You are more likely to get more useful feedback. Good luck OP.

Edited by Limalady - Feb 05 2013 at 9:07am
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:03am
^^^ Right.
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:04am
Cosign Limalady--I love tripadvisor!!!  Thats my go-to site for researching vacays, hotels, and things to do.
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

Anyone have experience?

I heard 3 star hotels are like 4 star in the US.

What to do outside of shopping?

My mom is retiring from nursing in April and my birthday is in April so I'd like to do a retreat for the both of us.

Please share your experiences and thoughts.

Good resources:

Try searching through other travel guides (online and offline) outside of BHM to get extensive reviews and places of recommendation. Some general advice when visiting:

- Try to gain experiences that are unique that country (If I go to another country, I want to experience things- their food, places, culture, etc- that I can NOT experience in America. I don't understand why ppl go to different countries only to try American food - McD's, etc. Try their souqs, desert/safari surfing,  camel rides, visit landmarks, mosques, shopping malls, etc ).

-When visiting any place, read up on the customs and laws of that land. Learn what is appropiate and what isn't. This applies to anyone visiting any country, whether its somewhere in the Middle East or a country Europe.

Edited by purpulicious01 - Feb 05 2013 at 2:50pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic