BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Vacationing in Dubai

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Immie89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Immie89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Ever since that female tourist in Istanbul was found dead, I'd be a little leary of vacationing in a muslim country. 

You can't even compare those two countries , and I'm offended you added the fact 'Muslim' countries. Shall I bring up all the female tourist killed weekly while traveling alone ?? C'mon
Sponsored Links

Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:59pm
The flights from Nigeria are cheap. They have lovely hotels. It is a nice city. Go. Have fun.
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Immie89 Immie89 wrote:

Ever since that female tourist in Istanbul was found dead, I'd be a little leary of vacationing in a Muslim country. 

You can't even compare those two countries , and I'm offended you added the fact 'Muslim' countries. Shall I bring up all the female tourist killed weekly while traveling alone ?? C'mon

Why can't I compare them?  Actually Turkey is considered a secular Muslim country with less religous laws than Dubai.   Go ahead and post all the recent female tourist killed weekly stats.  I'll wait. 

I said I was leary of traveling--that means being cautious.  How is that so insulting?  I'm leary of vacationing in alot of areas/countries, not just Muslim ones.

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 2:22am
anyone would be a fool to travel to any country without doing due diligence

no matter how backward or ultra modern that country is perceived to be

and tbh, the travon comparison was spot on.

sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 4:48am
I've said it before and I'll say it again....

I loved Dubai Big smile Heart

It's very beautiful and not everyone is fully covered. I've seen women in full abayas walking with women in shorts and high heels. Being military, it was a rule for us (well the women) to wear long sleeved shirts.

I want to go back one day...I loved the mall!

I didn't like Abu Dhabi though...the people there sucked and the city looked dirty.
Guidette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Guidette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 6:14am
I heard abt some awful things abt Dubai a friend of mine that's from the middle east  told me alot of them were scared to go there.and like someone said they do believe  in the sharia law which I heard is a awful law .

Edited by Guidette - Feb 04 2013 at 6:17am
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 8:09am
Seriously? Some of the comments in this thread. Dead

Well, in addition to Dubai, Maldives is nice.
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 8:35am
I came up on 1 kilo of hair for $150.00 US dollars at the market. Dubai was wonderful.

You also have to check out the Buddha Bar. It is located in/beside a major hotel in the creek area. I had a great time.

Edited by BrownQtee - Feb 04 2013 at 8:36am
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 8:43am

Originally posted by Immie89 Immie89 wrote:

Ever since that female tourist in Istanbul was found dead, I'd be a little leary of vacationing in a Muslim country. 

Why can't I compare them?  Actually Turkey is considered a secular Muslim country with less religous laws than Dubai.   Go ahead and post all the recent female tourist killed weekly stats.  I'll wait. 

I said I was leary of traveling--that means being cautious.  How is that so insulting?  I'm leary of vacationing in alot of areas/countries, not just Muslim ones.

you did originally say that you'd be leary of vacationing in a muslim country so...............
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:06am
it's like in sex and the city when Charlotte used her middle name of York....i don't necessarily think Tbaby's concerns are unfounded...I remember my friend was stranded in Morocco at the airport and the men refused to speak to her....she was wearing shorts...if you cannot deal with that potential possibility and the social and religious customs of said countries...it's best you stay ur ass in America..there are 50 states....get to going

i mean i refuse to go to Mexico....people can refuse to travel to different locales.

Edited by EPITOME - Feb 04 2013 at 9:06am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style