Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Vacationing in Dubai

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vacationing in Dubai
    Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:49pm
Anyone have experience?

I heard 3 star hotels are like 4 star in the US.

What to do outside of shopping?

My mom is retiring from nursing in April and my birthday is in April so I'd like to do a retreat for the both of us.

Please share your experiences and thoughts.
Sponsored Links

iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 3:14pm
i dont have anything to add except i would love to visit but im afraid of the rules

um i think they have desert horseback rides 
that seems like it would be fun!

their beaches looks beautiful also

that's so sweet of you to treat your mom
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 3:45pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 3:59pm
Thanks IGS!

Thanks AK! That is a really good link.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 4:41pm
have fun you'll love it.

and look out for deals as well, they have really good hotel deals going sometimes

and enjoy the food
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 4:52pm
i know a lot of ppl who have gone...they all seemed to love it
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 6:14pm
I know nothing of it except in Nigerian movies, rich people talk about vacationing in Dubai. I guess it's supposed to be a luxury shopping city.
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

i dont have anything to add except i would love to visit but im afraid of the rules

um i think they have desert horseback rides 
that seems like it would be fun!

their beaches looks beautiful also

that's so sweet of you to treat your mom
melodyoflife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote melodyoflife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 6:40pm
Dubai was a really interesting place to visit. I stayed for 10 days when I went. I was there for less than an hour ( riding the train from the airport ) when I got fined $60 for chewing gum on the train lol.

I suggest staying at a hotel relatively close to one of the train lines. The trains access quite a bit. Also, get a gold pass for the trains. It allows you to board the first car of the train ( less ppl ).

While there I visited/toured

• the world's tallest building...took the elevator all the way to the top.
  • the world's largest mall ( The Dubai Mall ).
  • Mall of the Emirates ( indoor ski center Big smile )
  • Ibn Battuta Mall ( another theme mall with 6 courts, each an "architectural reflection of a region that Battuta explored" )
  • Souk Madina T Jumeirah.
  • Went on a Dhow Dinner Cruise.
  • Went on a desert safari... I didn't enjoy this too much because its essentially riding the dunes in a land rover and I have motion sickness... longest 30 minutes of my life.
  • The Safari ended at a Bedouin camp with BBQ, shisha and belly dancing and other such things.
  • The Jumeirah Mosque ( I was required to wear an abaya and hijab to enter )
  • Took a day trip to Abu Dhabi and toured the city
  • Went to Ferrari world
  • The Gold Souk

I switched to a cheaper hotel ( with a kitchen ) after the 1st 4 days so that I could have more funds to do activities.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by melodyoflife melodyoflife wrote:

Dubai was a really interesting place to visit. I stayed for 10 days when I went. I was there for less than an hour ( riding the train from the airport ) when I got fined $60 for chewing gum on the train lol.

I suggest staying at a hotel relatively close to one of the train lines. The trains access quite a bit. Also, get a gold pass for the trains. It allows you to board the first car of the train ( less ppl ).

While there I visited/toured

• the world's tallest building...took the elevator all the way to the top.
  • the world's largest mall ( The Dubai Mall ).
  • Mall of the Emirates ( indoor ski center Big smile )
  • Ibn Battuta Mall ( another theme mall with 6 courts, each an "architectural reflection of a region that Battuta explored" )
  • Souk Madina T Jumeirah.
  • Went on a Dhow Dinner Cruise.
  • Went on a desert safari... I didn't enjoy this too much because its essentially riding the dunes in a land rover and I have motion sickness... longest 30 minutes of my life.
  • The Safari ended at a Bedouin camp with BBQ, shisha and belly dancing and other such things.
  • The Jumeirah Mosque ( I was required to wear an abaya and hijab to enter )
  • Took a day trip to Abu Dhabi and toured the city
  • Went to Ferrari world
  • The Gold Souk

I switched to a cheaper hotel ( with a kitchen ) after the 1st 4 days so that I could have more funds to do activities.

This is great information. I was thinking of staying at the Palace in Downtown Dubai. My mom can't do a lot of walking. The Dinner cruise sounds ideal!

I can't believe you got a citation for chewing gum and actually had to pay a fine!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic