Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
wonderstar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vacationing hair tips please
    Posted: Mar 11 2008 at 3:50pm

I'm travelling to Orlando next week on vacation (Disney/Universal Studios) for 5 days with my in-laws.

I need some ideas on:
  1. how to style my hair  
  2. practice healthy hair care on the "down low"LOLConfused
  3. 'Must have' products and tools

I'm kinda at a lost because I want to pack light and I don't want anyone asking me a heap of questions and making fun of me.

Hair stats:
natural 3c/4a, mid-back-waist length

Oh and if you live in the Orlando area where can I get organic oils and fragrance oil and maybe blackstrap molasses? 

That's it for nowEmbarrassed.
Sponsored Links

BiggHair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2008 at 4:23pm
Cornrows, twists, or a bun?  When I went to the beach I did micro twists with the ends loose.  I washed/rinsed daily to get the salt out and my hair was fine.  I sealed with castor oil and went about my business.  Just take your regular stuff in travel containers so you won't be bogged down with the regular sized products.  Good luck and have fun!
Mrs. October View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2008 at 7:56pm
  1. how to style my hair  - When I went away for the holidays I did mainly ponytails/buns (they're simple and easy and you won't have to worry about messing up your hair when you go out!!) 
  2. practice healthy hair care on the "down low"LOLConfused  - hmmm...I would say just do what you MUST do (ie. moisturize, seal ends, etc.) except maybe don't go over board (co-washing, pre-poos, applying growth aids, etc.)
  3. 'Must have' products and tools - I HAVE to have a good moisturizer and comb if nothing else whenever I go away...and if you plan on going in the pool or something I would take a good shampoo and instant condish that will leave your hair pretty tangle free (don't wanna be detangling for hours after washing your hair!!).  Leave everything else at home (it's just 5 days after all) and you don't wanna end up with a whole arsenal of hair products!
CandiiMamii26 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2008 at 8:06pm
cwell i dunno how much it counts but i learned healthy (non heat) practices from going to camp for the summer! LOL

make sure you wet your hair and load the conditioner if youre going swimming

i may not help you as a natural but i usually obtain 3 inches of ng by the end of the summer (i relax in may/june and not again until october) but i have been natural as a smaller kid

i usually co wash and use leave in conditioner, spread a little conditioner on top as opposed to gel...

i usually would comb my hair into a neat ponypuff/ponytail. sometimes i would have braids and do the same technique.

travel lightly, and i guess my advice would be to simplify your current routine and go on with it! just take out the time consuming/unnecessary things (okay, do you really have to prepoo within that 5 days??)

if youre gonna baggy, do it in the bathroom and scarf your hair before leaving (i do this at sleepovers, my ends dont play around)

leave in conditioner is key for me! especially because oil moisturizers are too heavy for me but the leave in you can use frequently and thats important

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2008 at 8:37am
Originally posted by BiggHair BiggHair wrote:

Cornrows, twists, or a bun?  When I went to the beach I did micro twists with the ends loose.  I washed/rinsed daily to get the salt out and my hair was fine.  I sealed with castor oil and went about my business.  Just take your regular stuff in travel containers so you won't be bogged down with the regular sized products.  Good luck and have fun!

Good idea with the travel containers.
I think I'm gonna rinse daily.
So the style options are: cornrows- I'd have to get someone to do it for me, twists- will frizz
bun- may require alot of products to keep it looking neat.
Hmmmm the choices are good I'm leaning towards the cornrows.

Thanks BiggHairTongue.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2008 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Mrs. October Mrs. October wrote:

1. how to style my hair  - When I went away for the holidays I did mainly ponytails/buns (they're simple and easy and you won't have to worry about messing up your hair when you go out!!) 
  2. practice healthy hair care on the "down low"LOLConfused  - hmmm...I would say just do what you MUST do (ie. moisturize, seal ends, etc.) except maybe don't go over board (co-washing, pre-poos, applying growth aids, etc.)
  3. 'Must have' products and tools - I HAVE to have a good moisturizer and comb if nothing else whenever I go away...and if you plan on going in the pool or something I would take a good shampoo and instant condish that will leave your hair pretty tangle free (don't wanna be detangling for hours after washing your hair!!).  Leave everything else at home (it's just 5 days after all) and you don't wanna end up with a whole arsenal of hair products!

So true. I'll just co-wash and skip everything else. Can you recommend some instant conditioners?

Thanks for the suggestionsTongue
kittikat24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2008 at 8:44am
This is my #1-- I do the baggy method everynight & wrap hair with a scarf, and it doesn't exactly look cuteGeek
So I found that a 100% silk pillowcase is the way to go! So you can sleep with your hair in a bun or whatever and it won't get messed up~!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2008 at 8:50am
Originally posted by CandiiMamii26 CandiiMamii26 wrote:

cwell i dunno how much it counts but i learned healthy (non heat) practices from going to camp for the summer! LOL

make sure you wet your hair and load the conditioner if youre going swimming

i may not help you as a natural but i usually obtain 3 inches of ng by the end of the summer (i relax in may/june and not again until october) but i have been natural as a smaller kid

i usually co wash and use leave in conditioner, spread a little conditioner on top as opposed to gel...

i usually would comb my hair into a neat ponypuff/ponytail. sometimes i would have braids and do the same technique.

travel lightly, and i guess my advice would be to simplify your current routine and go on with it! just take out the time consuming/unnecessary things (okay, do you really have to prepoo within that 5 days??)

if youre gonna baggy, do it in the bathroom and scarf your hair before leaving (i do this at sleepovers, my ends dont play around)

leave in conditioner is key for me! especially because oil moisturizers are too heavy for me but the leave in you can use frequently and thats important

I don't think I can survive a summer camp anymore. I'd want to walk with my house!

When you use conditioner as oppose to gel does it flake? What conditioner do you use for that?

You don't have to warn me about simplify, I think of ways to make my regimen easier everydayLOL.

Thanks for the tip on hiding my baggie.......hopefully I won't fall asleep before everyone else and they hear the bag swoshingSmile.
treatlove View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2008 at 8:53am
a good conditioner since u can eliminate shampoo for 5days, and ur favor moisturizer + oil to seal, and ur scarf.  enjoy.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2008 at 9:06am
Originally posted by kittikat24 kittikat24 wrote:

This is my #1-- I do the baggy method every night & wrap hair with a scarf, and it doesn't exactly look cuteGeek
So I found that a 100% silk pillowcase is the way to go! So you can sleep with your hair in a bun or whatever and it won't get messed up~!

The scarf will have to do for me, especially since it's silk. I need to invest in a silk pillowcase though.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic