Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Vacationing Alone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.14  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 12:51pm
absolutely not!
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

I travel by myself all the time. Last year I went to Italy and Greece by myself and had an amazing time; ended up meeting two cool ass ladies and now we plan to go somewhere together once a year. I don't have time to wait around for people to make up their minds about what they want to do. I also don't appreciate broke people thinking that I'm going to pay their way. I eat out myself; movies by myself, and since I'm not a club person I go to lounges and bars by myself. I will actually turn people down and go places by mysel because I get drained trying to act interested in them and what they have to say.

I usually meet nice people when I call myself traveling alone too (which is why I said I don't be alone for long LOL). Met a lady decades ago on a solo trip and we are still pals today .
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

Yall should just hook up with BHM folks and go with them if your friends are too broke. Or is that asking too much? LOL

It could be like a
BHM travelers club thingy ma-bobber

This is a good idea !
melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 11:35am
Originally posted by honeyb87 honeyb87 wrote:

I plan on going to Trinidad for the carnival festival sometime in 2014. We will see how that works out.

I don't think going to carnival in Trinidad alone is a good idea , I've been to the Toronto caribana and to the Brooklyn west indian parade but I never been and never will go alone.

Jamaica, Barbados, Turks and caicos, Hawaii, St Vincent and the grenadines, Grenada, and Cuba are good places to travel solo.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

I booked a trip to Miami to go alone next week for the mayweather fight...but cancelled because  everyone said I should not go to south beach alone....Lost my damn money for my flight...One day I will get the nerves to travel alone...When hubby and I are in Jamaica I see women from the States there alone all the time...they be having a good old time and getting their groove back...LOL
Oweee..reschedule for vegas next week Embarrassed I'll be there cuttin up.
Me too. My SO is going to the fight.
melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 11:19am
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

I booked a trip to Miami to go alone next week for the mayweather fight...but cancelled because  everyone said I should not go to south beach alone....Lost my damn money for my flight...One day I will get the nerves to travel alone...When hubby and I are in Jamaica I see women from the States there alone all the time...they be having a good old time and getting their groove back...LOL

I would like to go to south beach alone possible later this year. Why did people tell you not to go alone?
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 11:34am

Don't go to Trinidad for carnival alone.  I've had Trini's tell me this.

oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 2:09pm
I've been to Vegas, South Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Houston and when I lived in TN I went to Atlanta alone all the time.

My mom would get so angry and against my good sense, I stopped telling her when I traveled alone.

I will be travelling solo next February to Turk and Caicos.

I lived in Chi solo and will be living in NYC solo.. I think spending a few days in a different city alone wont be much worse.

Honestly, I'm more cognizant of my surroundings when im alone because I'm not operating in a comfort zone.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by .hott.pink. .hott.pink. wrote:

I just went to Spain by myself for my birthday in June. I visited like every possible place I could in Madrid lol. Got lost (happily) more than once. Nightclubs, museums, restaurants, etc.  I really enjoyed myself. 

HOWEVER, I wouldn't advise most people to do such a thing lol. Me, I'm a 6'1 black girl with a generally stand-offish disposition. People don't usually mess with me. 

im supposed to go to barcelona for a few days and ill basically be myself.. 
i just planned on exploring but i guess it would be smart to have some things set up. 

can you share where you stayed, what you did, how the nightclubs were, and basically any info/tips you can give 
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 6:07pm
I went to Jamaica two years ago by myself planning to meet up with my deadbeat father. but a deadbeat is a deadbeat so you already know as soon as I touched down I couldn't get in contact with him even tho we had been talking about me making this trip for 7 months prior. I don't know any of his fam in Jamaica so I was assssssssssed out. I took a cab to the address he gave me and some woman said she hadn't seen his ass in a week then told me to get off her property

I got a cheap hotel and stayed in my room damn near the entire trip. I dunno what was happening when I went but even the hotel staff was like keep yo ass inside

my sperm donor dad called a week later talking bout some "Oh yuh shoulda told me when you were coming" ol bullshyt ass nicca

that's my only solo vacation experience

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>