Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Care - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Using synthetic hair in cornrows- confused!

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
CurlyV15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyV15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using synthetic hair in cornrows- confused!
    Posted: Aug 21 2012 at 1:46pm
Hey, I know this should have gone in the Weaves forum but it wouldn't let me post for some reason.

I'm planning to get my first sew in weave put in next month and I've been reseraching like crazy! I've found a stylist that does home visits and sounds pretty good based on her customer reviews.

I've been arranging an appointment with her and when I asked if there was anything I had to do with my hair to get it ready, she told me I need to buy some cheap synthetic hair that she will use to cornrow my own hair.
Now I don't know if I just haven't read up enough or watched enough videos, but I didn't think adding synthetic hair for cornrows alone was necessary Confused 
I told her this but she hasn't really explained, just says that she will use it to cornrow my hair.

Can anyone help me with this? From what I've researched, it's optional and a lot of people have cmplained that this method makes their head itch, dries out their natural hair and can even damage it.

Surely, she can just cornrow my natural afro hair by itself? Thanks!
Sponsored Links

CurlyV15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyV15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2012 at 1:51pm
Sorry, just saw the Weaves forum for newbies!

Still, any advise in this forum is still welcome Smile
hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 12:22pm

I know synthetic hair makes the sew-in last longer and is suppose to cause less stress on your short or thin spots.

Edited by hairfanatic501 - Dec 04 2012 at 12:22pm
hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 12:24pm

Oh and to answer your question "yes she can do it without using synthetic hair." You can tell her not to use it when you get there or you can not bring it with you that way she doesn't have a choice if she wanna make her money.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic