Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
brainechick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using 1st Step of curly perm ONLY
    Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 10:23am
Hi, I know I've seen this mentioned before, most recently by Stephshe, but I was hoping to get more details on how to retouch a curly perm without curling it, so that your hair is straight. I've tried to search, but there are way too many posts that don't relate to my specific question.

Right now I use CFC, so there are the 3 steps: the straightening solution (then rinse), the curl booster (process then rinse) and the neutralizing solution. If I only want to straighten my hair, do I still need to use the 2nd step? (Of course, I would not be rolling my hair on curlers.) When its time for my next retouch, I will be away from any stylists (I live abroad) and would rather just have my hair straight for a while. Thanks so much any info any of you can offer.
Sponsored Links

waveyrus View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2012 at 11:34am

Did you try this yet? I'm not sure but, I think you will still need to do all the step just without curling it. I think the other steps "set" the hair in the shape you want, either it be curly or straight. The problem I see you facing is keeping the hair straight with you "set" it. Plus you really need to use the neutralizer to stop the chemical process.

wavesmistress View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2012 at 6:33pm
I have straightened my hair b4 using a curly perm. What I did was to use step 1 and straighten the hair but I rinsed it out and shampooed with a neutralizing shampoo and conditioned just as you would do with a relaxer. However, you cant do this too often; it will cause the hair to break. It's good to use a deep conditioner while doing this (Preferably Motions CPR) and continue to use a moisturizer while the hair is straight so it doesn't get too dry.  
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2012 at 7:26am
Originally posted by wavesmistress wavesmistress wrote:

I have straightened my hair b4 using a curly perm. What I did was to use step 1 and straighten the hair but I rinsed it out and shampooed with a neutralizing shampoo and conditioned just as you would do with a relaxer. However, you cant do this too often; it will cause the hair to break. It's good to use a deep conditioner while doing this (Preferably Motions CPR) and continue to use a moisturizer while the hair is straight so it doesn't get too dry.  

What she has stated, you skip the curly step.
Just curious when you go back to your stylist for the full perm. This will either make the chemicals overlap or you will have parts of your hair with no curl, If you go back to the full perm. Also it is hard, imo to get any type of curl in the hair when it is straightened with the curl perm. Because it is so limp.

Anyways safe travels and Blessings to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Genuine956 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2012 at 9:14pm
It is better to go through all 3 steps, you have 2 options:

1) Apply the waving lotion throughout your hair and process without rollers.

OR

2) Use large rollers with the waving lotion--Size Purple or above. Later you can comb / brush your hair--It will mostly be straight.

Do not overprocess and you won't have to worry about damage / Check your hair for split ends.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic