Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Use Sabino Moisture Block for length-retention?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Use Sabino Moisture Block for length-retention?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Girls1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Girls1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2008 at 10:02pm
It sounds like a "super-sealant" of sorts. Once you apply it to clean, dampened and/or moisturized hair, it locks in the moisture. Apparently, the best way to do this is to use a flat iron on 400 degrees. It protects from the heat, adds shine, and prevents friz by blocking external moisture (humidity).
I have seen countless posts about it in the pressing forum, on other forums as well as viewed videos on it on youtube. It sounds like it maintains most people's presses, but no one addresses the moisture level of their hair while using it. This is what I'm most concerned with.
Sponsored Links

caramellady85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramellady85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2008 at 10:11pm
what's in it?
Chevyroche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevyroche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2008 at 10:33pm
Thanks Girls, but I'm still a little confused. Can it be used as part of a regimen, like wash, condish, moisturize, Sabino moisture block? Or do you not use moisture then use it? Its a heat protectant so you use it before you flat iron I suppose, but then since it maintains your press, can you moisturize on the following days, or is it not needed? Sorry so many ?'s, just curious and would like to know. TIA
BUMPING! (Not just for me, for the other ?'s as well. Embarrassed)
librasRrokstarz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote librasRrokstarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2008 at 11:45pm
PinchOMG. dont tell me were putting SUNSCREEN on our hair now.
eh, better than va jay jay cream...LOLConfused

I think itll be diluted poop next...DeadLOLOuch
caramellady85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramellady85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2008 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Chevyroche Chevyroche wrote:

Thanks Girls, but I'm still a little confused. Can it be used as part of a regimen, like wash, condish, moisturize, Sabino moisture block? Or do you not use moisture then use it? Its a heat protectant so you use it before you flat iron I suppose, but then since it maintains your press, can you moisturize on the following days, or is it not needed? Sorry so many ?'s, just curious and would like to know. TIA
BUMPING! (Not just for me, for the other ?'s as well. Embarrassed)

hm.. ok i just did some reading
so i guess the best way to use it would be wash, condition, moisturize, seal and apply the moisture block on wet hair. It seals in moisture as well as sealing out moisture/humidity, so you can't moisturize after you've applied it, you'd have to rewash... but unlike other products with cones it washes out with just shampoo, no extra clarifying needed. also, it can be used on natural hair without heat for frizz free curls...

and to answer my own question, the only two ingredients are dimethicone and cyclomethicone.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=44208
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227115
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3iptUnSLWI  ok this vid is kinda funny though gotta love the before pictures of the "frizzy hair models"LOL

hm.. i may try this. after i've used up some products though...
casey3035 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote casey3035 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2008 at 12:58pm
Does any one know if this can be purchased atUlta or
Originally posted by MsMediumLocks MsMediumLocks wrote:

20 dollars for this stufff Stern%20Smile  look how small the bottle
but ive heard so much goodness about this product...
BUMPThumbs%20Up

Does anyone know if this can be purchased at Ulta or Sephora???
haitiancurlyq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haitiancurlyq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2008 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by librasRrokstarz librasRrokstarz wrote:

PinchOMG. dont tell me were putting SUNSCREEN on our hair now.
eh, better than va jay jay cream...LOLConfused

I think itll be diluted poop next...DeadLOLOuch

sunscreen is used in alot of hair products. not the cream form like what we put on our skin though. it helps our hair from heat damage from the sun which sometimes dries our hair out and changes the color.
JGCwayZeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGCwayZeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2008 at 2:06pm
I think you can only buy Sabino online. ^ & sunblock isn't bad for the hair lol  definitely protects it. I'm not so sure if I'd put something formulated specifically for my skin on my hair, but some hair products do protect hair from the sun.
librasRrokstarz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote librasRrokstarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2008 at 4:43pm
hahahahaha wooooooow Embarrassed
i guess ya learn something new everyday!
yeaa that kinda makes sense that most hair products have sunscreen in them, but just str8 sunscreen? like coppertone? wooow.
hey, to each his own
Girls1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Girls1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2008 at 7:16pm

^^ I don't get the sunscreen questions. MB is a heat protectant. It's supposed to be the mother of heat protectants. All the hairboards mention using heat protectants before using heat on the hair.

Caramel, everything you said was correct. This is what all the MB research adds up to. The thing is that I have never read about anyone using it to keep moisture in exclusively. I wanted to know how well that worked.

I want to buy this stuff and try it on my own, but I really wanted to know if anyone else has used it this way because I'd hate to mess with my hair.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic