Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Us women and our weaves. My rant. l0l.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pretty_Thick_Me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Pretty_Thick_Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Us women and our weaves. My rant. l0l.
    Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 11:57am
My question is, What in the world are women trying to accomplish with these sew ins? Truthfully and honestly what is the point of being able to pull your hair into a high ponytail or being able to part it down the middle or side. Are women trying to convince people that their 24 in brazilian wavy is growing from their scalps. Or are women starting to think weave is their real hair?

Everyday when I see someone being "innovative" and doing something new w/ sew ins.  Sometimes I look and be like that cool and then I wonder, whats the point?

I dont even wear sew ins.  I wear uparts. The less hair out the better.  Im not trying to damage my hair  by trying to keep it blending with my extensions.  

BUT to each his own. 

Have a great day beautiful ladies. 
Sponsored Links

RedWine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote RedWine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Pretty_Thick_Me Pretty_Thick_Me wrote:

My question is, What in the world are women trying to accomplish with these sew ins? Truthfully and honestly what is the point of being able to pull your hair into a high ponytail or being able to part it down the middle or side. Are women trying to convince people that their 24 in brazilian wavy is growing from their scalps. Or are women starting to think weave is their real hair?

Everyday when I see someone being "innovative" and doing something new w/ sew ins.  Sometimes I look and be like that cool and then I wonder, whats the point?

I dont even wear sew ins.  I wear uparts. The less hair out the better.  Im not trying to damage my hair  by trying to keep it blending with my extensions.  

BUT to each his own. 

Have a great day beautiful ladies. 

The point is for the hair to look natural- like it is mine. I don't wear 24 inch hair in unrealistic textures. The point of the weave is for me to have a break from the wigs. Sometimes I want my hair to feel free and get some air to my scalp.

My rant is this. What is the point in wearing false hair and not even try to make it look real? Why not be innovative? People say that they are wearing a protective style and want to grow their hair. This takes time. Why not look as realistic and beautiful as possible. Wearing a fake looking unit is not and never will be attractive. Some of our wigs look obvious and some of us are just embarrassing.

Pretty_Thick_Me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pretty_Thick_Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 12:19pm
My hair looks "realistic" & "natural" w/o being able to put it in high ponytails and part it through the middle, etc. So I personally don't feel like all that is necessary to consider ones install as natural looking.  Women wear closures and are to still make their install look very realistic and natural. 
As I stated to each his own.  But I personally do not feel that all that is necessary to make a weave look realistic or natural.
harley_quinn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harley_quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 12:45pm
Different strokes for different folks. I think people just like to be versatile when it come to their hair. The sew ins that can be worn in a high ponytail can come in handy if it's hot outside and you would like to pull your hair up or if you're working out.

I've had a versatile sew in but I prefer to not have any hair out because its less damaging for me.

Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 12:47pm
Uhmm..
But why wouldn't a person want to option of changing their look if it takes the exact same amount of energy/ time/effort/money?

If I go to a business function/formal ceremony, etc, it would be expected that I have an updo/more elegant style.

Having various styling options seems like a win-win situation. There is nothing lost by it, so why not?

Maybe I'm not understanding because what I'm comprehending is " Why on earth would anyone want a realistic install that can be worn more than one way?", which I interpret as " Why buy various outfits/shoes/clothes, when you can simply wear the exact same thing, every single day as long as it's clean?"
xx_quanna_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx_quanna_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 12:59pm

Edited by xx_quanna_x - Jan 31 2014 at 1:04pm
ragincajin View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 1:18pm
Well...I've seen quite a few eyebrow raising hair styles. For instance, ice cream colored hair. I could NEVER wear this type of thing to work. Nor would I want to. Not my scene. 25 years too old for that.

I have an extremely conservative life, so nor would I consider 24 inch hair.

That being said, I do think anything that we put on, be it hair, makeup, clothing, nails, etc., should be in good taste. But of course, "good taste" is subjective.

Frankly, I just lament that I cannot wear a closure the way I'd like to.
Such a drag.

Edited by ragincajin - Jan 31 2014 at 1:26pm
ragincajin View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 1:19pm
Oh yes...and I actually made a Upart once. I was so very pleased with myself UNTIL I tried it on and it was too small.
It was still pretty fun though and a great departure from real life :)
miiszjanae View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote miiszjanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 1:23pm
Wait what? Maybe they just want to have more styling options. You're ranting because some people want the option of wearing a ponytail?Confused
1KrysT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1KrysT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 3:53pm
I agree with other posters.......I think that these "new & innovative" weaving techniques are simply to provide versatility.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>