Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - US government tells computer users to disable Java
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

US government tells computer users to disable Java

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

While we on topic

Have yall ever had the "Snap on" virus? My computer has it right now
It's also called the "redirecting virus". I never downloaded but it must've snuck it's way into my system while I downloaded something else

It makes the snap on search engine my homepage among other annoying things Angry
I tried to remove it all sorts of ways but it always finds it's way back to my search engine

Also, I googled getting rid of it and a webpage gave me directions to remove it and said "beware, removing this may cause damage to your computer... if it doesn't work call a professional" Confused
Never heard of it but i think if you run hijack this you'll be able to detect it and remove it.

Or if you know how to look at your host file you can remove the offending entry.

< id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display:none;">
Sponsored Links

Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:58pm
thank you...i'm going to start getting those add ons now. 
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 12:00am
Let me check my host file then...

Btw. I just googled "Snap On virus" and went here...

http://guides.yoosecurity.com/manually-remove-snap-do-virus-completely-uninstall-snap-do-toolbar/

This is the page I was referring to before

I read the last line...

Notice: If you are still not sure on how to completely remove Snap.do redirect virus or don’t want to mess up your files and damage your whole machine, please contact YooSecurity Expert now to safely resolve your problem and keep you from headache.

Then I google "YooSecurity Expert". That led me to their webage where I clicked "chat wit Live expert" and someone  started chatting with me

Do you think this website is legit? Confused
THis seems fishy to me

I never trust live chat sessions
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 12:05am
I use Safari...I only use private browsing when I'm watching p.o.r.n. Embarrassed I should use it all the time then?
mzbritt View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzbritt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 12:54am
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

LOL @ Midna.

My advice to everyone is not just get a virus scanner but a malware and trojan detector/blocker.

Get browser add ons that allow you to privately browse, block ads and definitely block google tracker or google analytics.

You can use proxy sites that will mask your IP too. That helps fight against the government tracking but the best thing is if you use a VPN to connect to the internet.

Also, your FB, LinkedIn and all social networking sites are just too easy to get dox'd. Enable protections on all of those sites.

any specific software that you recommend?

does firefox have add-ons to block google tracker/analytics?

what is a vpn?

I need to search some of this stuff.
Safari, Chrome, IE and Firefox all have add ons. Definitely choose the no redirect. This will disable the occurrences of going to a website and all of a sudden getting redirected to some other site based on your browsing history. And I think all of the browsers offer an add on to disable google tracking/analytics and yahoo tracking. Also all of the them seem to have a private browsing function.

I use firefox mostly and I'm on a mac. I use NoRedirect and NoScripts and they have windows versions.

And everyone should use a program called HiJack This. This helps to prevent the browser hijacks that are very common these days.

A VPN is a Virtual Private Network and there are sites that offer browsing through their VPN or proxy for free or a nominal fee.

Which VPN do you use and is HiJack This available for Macs?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 12:56am
Nothing wrong with live chat sessions but to me this one sounds fishy.

I wouldn't trust it. Download Hijack This!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

I think they even created a Mac version.

And Tasty, google analytics is a demon. If you want everything you do tracked and reported to businesses and now our government, use private browsing all the time.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 12:58am
I use my co worker's VPN through his own servers. He's crazy paranoid but highly gifted and intelligent. < id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display:none;">
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 1:08am
Me merely seeing the name "Google Analytics" makes me wince in disgust because I once had to deal with this redirect virus of the same name. That thing was truly a bitch to remove.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 1:16am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Me merely seeing the name "Google Analytics" makes me wince in disgust because I once had to deal with this redirect virus of the same name. That thing was truly a bitch to remove.

that was the worst virus i had, and I thought I was going crazy b/c i didn't know it was a virus at first. it took forever to remove it. idk how i got it either.
marissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 7:09am
Hey, how did you guys remove the redirect virus? Two days ago my searches on google started redirecting me to other site. I used McAfee twice afterward and it didn't find anything. The redirecting has 'stopped' but I am afraid that it is still on my system since I have gotten this virus 2-3 times before. Cry I don't know if my system is getting reinfected (I always visit the same old sites though) or if it never left my system in the first place.

I think the last time I had gotten it I used CCleaner and McAfee. Is that enough?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic