Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - US government tells computer users to disable Java
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

US government tells computer users to disable Java

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:23pm
LOL @ Midna.

My advice to everyone is not just get a virus scanner but a malware and trojan detector/blocker.

Get browser add ons that allow you to privately browse, block ads and definitely block google tracker or google analytics.

You can use proxy sites that will mask your IP too. That helps fight against the government tracking but the best thing is if you use a VPN to connect to the internet.

Also, your FB, LinkedIn and all social networking sites are just too easy to get dox'd. Enable protections on all of those sites.
< id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display:none;">
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:26pm
Midna, you said you use a fake ip address anyways? Why u worried
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Midna, you said you use a fake ip address anyways? Why u worried

You think that's foolproof? LOL
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:33pm
Absolutely not

But I have Malwarebytes, Avira and CCleaner in addition to another IP address.
Nothing is 100% secure but i wouldn't fret
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Absolutely not

But I have Malwarebytes, Avira and CCleaner in addition to another IP address.
Nothing is 100% secure but i wouldn't fret

True true, but my paranoia is exactly why I'm so loaded up on being secure. Also, hell yeah to MalwareBytes!
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:38pm
what's malware bytes? is it virus protection?
I'm looking for some protection for my laptop
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

LOL @ Midna.

My advice to everyone is not just get a virus scanner but a malware and trojan detector/blocker.

Get browser add ons that allow you to privately browse, block ads and definitely block google tracker or google analytics.

You can use proxy sites that will mask your IP too. That helps fight against the government tracking but the best thing is if you use a VPN to connect to the internet.

Also, your FB, LinkedIn and all social networking sites are just too easy to get dox'd. Enable protections on all of those sites.

any specific software that you recommend?

does firefox have add-ons to block google tracker/analytics?

what is a vpn?

I need to search some of this stuff.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:44pm
I'm using a VPN.
My IP out in Switzerland and sh*t.
Nigguhs can't listen to pandora when it's on. 
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

LOL @ Midna.

any specific software that you recommend?

does firefox have add-ons to block google tracker/analytics?

what is a vpn?

I need to search some of this stuff.
Safari, Chrome, IE and Firefox all have add ons. Definitely choose the no redirect. This will disable the occurrences of going to a website and all of a sudden getting redirected to some other site based on your browsing history. And I think all of the browsers offer an add on to disable google tracking/analytics and yahoo tracking. Also all of the them seem to have a private browsing function.

I use firefox mostly and I'm on a mac. I use NoRedirect and NoScripts and they have windows versions.

And everyone should use a program called HiJack This. This helps to prevent the browser hijacks that are very common these days.

A VPN is a Virtual Private Network and there are sites that offer browsing through their VPN or proxy for free or a nominal fee.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:53pm
While we on topic

Have yall ever had the "Snap on" virus? My computer has it right now
It's also called the "redirecting virus". I never downloaded but it must've snuck it's way into my system while I downloaded something else

It makes the snap on search engine my homepage among other annoying things Angry
I tried to remove it all sorts of ways but it always finds it's way back to my search engine

Also, I googled getting rid of it and a webpage gave me directions to remove it and said "beware, removing this may cause damage to your computer... if it doesn't work call a professional" Confused
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic