FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

US Census Top 25 Cities With HIV Rates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Good for Detroit
Going straight to hell for laughing but you right.Cry

Lol just sayin...they've been through enough.Ouch
Sponsored Links

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 3:11pm
Fukc my life!

Newly single and moving back to Miami in a couple of weeks *sad face* .

This will make it a million times easier to stick to my goal of celibacy...silver linings and all that jazz.
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 3:59pm
People don't seem to care about this disease anymore. It can be hidden and life expectancy is normally the same as non HIV population with good medication. It's terrifying how people are so lax this this.
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

i never get the impression that people are all that afraid of contracting hiv.  it seems like people worry  about pregnancies more than anything.  or maybe its the kind of thing where they just keep hiv concerns to themselves idk.

I agree...I find myself being the one to usually bring up hiv in group conversations like the Debbie downer.  After seeing it super up close I'm traumatized so maybe that's why.  But yeah ppl don't talk about it like it's a real thing, it'll be a comment in passing with a hint of joke to it.

Ppl seem to think that since there are drugs out to "control" the disease, and ppl aren't dying left and right, that its "ok" to be out there sleeping with anything that gives you a pretty smile. 

I struggle w/ taking my blood pressure med once daily--can't imagine trying to juggle several meds a day.

I'm surprised to see San Antonio even on that list...

Edited by Tbaby - Jan 06 2014 at 5:04pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 5:11pm
Damn shame SC.
Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 6:03pm
People still think it's like a myth/urban legend. Adults. Mofos freak out more about trich etc. Nobody says OMG HIV!
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 6:33pm
i never know what people who aren't in the public health field are supposed to do with this information. 
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Florida has always been this way.....I see Chicago didn't make the list.....
No one has time for sex in a war zone

Edited by blaquefoxx - Jan 06 2014 at 7:51pm
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 8:07pm
I meant to make a thread on this a few weeks ago, but forgot...might as well post it here:

HIV patients ‘cured’ of Aids suffer relapse

Two patients with HIV who were thought to have been cured of the Aids virus following treatment for blood cancer have suffered a viral "rebound" and have now returned to taking anti-retroviral drugs, doctors in Boston have announced.

Researchers at the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston said in July that they were unable to detect any signs of HIV in the blood of either patient about eight months after they had undergone a bone-marrow transplant for lymphoma cancer.

The doctors said at the time that the treatment may have resulted in a "functional cure" that eliminated residual pockets of HIV, offering hope that it may be possible to use this knowledge to find ways of ridding the virus totally from a patient's body.

Both men stopped taking anti-retroviral therapy in the spring, however one of the Boston patients began to show signs of an HIV rebound in August, while the second patient had a relapse in November. Both are now responding well to anti-retroviral drugs, said the hospital.

Timothy Henrich, a physician-researcher at the hospital said that the return of detectable levels of HIV in the two patients is "disappointing but scientifically significant" because it shows that the virus persists even when some of the most sensitive blood tests fail to detect it.

"Through this research we have discovered [that] the HIV reservoir is deeper and more persistent than previously known and that our current standards of probing for HIV may not be sufficient to inform us if long-term HIV remission is possible if antiretroviral therapy is stopped," Dr Henrich said.

"We have also learned that there may be an important long-lived HIV reservoir outside the blood compartment. Both patients have resumed therapy and are currently doing well. I am thankful for their commitment to research and our shared dedication in understanding this virus to benefit all HIV patients," he said.

The Boston patients have been compared to Timothy Brown, the "Berlin patient", who was also "cured" of HIV following a different type of stem-cell transplant to treat leukaemia. The donor of the transplanted bone marrow also carried a specific mutation known to interfere with HIV's ability to infect white blood cells.

Mr Brown, who now lives in San Francisco, received the transplant in 2007 and appears to remain free of detectable levels of HIV in his bloodstream. However, his transplant carries a high risk of death and is considered too dangerous for widespread treatment of HIV-Aids, scientists said.

In the case of the two Boston patients, the transplanted bone marrow came from ordinary donors. One of the men received his bone-marrow transplant in 2008 while the other had his in 2010 - and both stopped taking antiretroviral drugs in earlier this year before suffering viral rebound.

Brigham and Women's Hospital said: "Physician-researchers will continue to monitor the patients and continue to measure their HIV levels as part of a new study of the very early initiation of anti-retroviral therapy after HIV rebound."

The only other case of a "functional cure" for HIV is a baby in Mississippi whose mother was infected with the virus but did not realise it until she was in labour.

The baby, who was also infected, was given anti-retroviral drugs within hours of birth and has remained free of the virus for the past three years. Doctors, however, now prefer to describe the baby as being in "remission" rather than being "cured".

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/hiv-patients-cured-of-aids-suffer-relapse-9000785.html

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 8:26pm
I mean....these stats don't mean much to me.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>