Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Urgent Weave dyeing question !!

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
lesandra_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesandra_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Urgent Weave dyeing question !!
    Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 11:10am
Ok guys I'm not an experienced uhm dyer I've got a sort of stupid question. So I previously dyed some "Malaysian" hair red. Like a semi-bright red.. Not too bright but still eye catching. but I've recently gotten bored of the colour and want to dye it a darker red like a plum colour.. My question is to get the colour I want, will I have to bleach the hair to strip it of it's semi bright red colour first before dying it the darker colour!? I would've posted this in the hair dye section but I clocked there aren't really regular posters there's and I kind of need an answer fast :(
Sponsored Links

cicision View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cicision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 12:32pm
i am no expert either but I would sugest that you test both methods on a small piece of hair and then decide Smile
MsLowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsLowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 1:17pm
If you want a deeper color, you just be depositing more tones. Just put it on top. What did you use the first time around?
lesandra_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesandra_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by MsLowman MsLowman wrote:

If you want a deeper color, you just be depositing more tones. Just put it on top. What did you use the first time around?

I used live xxl passion red I think can't remember the name exactly
MsLowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsLowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 3:55pm
It joulsey be fine to just put the color you want on top. Bleaching it will eat up the hair. Red is a pain to get rid of
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 9:09pm
If it were me.. I'd try to bleed out some of the existing red, first.  You're more likely to end up with the result you want.  Try this - fill a sink with very very warm water, add some baking soda (not a TON just like a tablespoon or so... it is clarifying).  Immediately add an equal amount of vinegar - it will bubble like mad; not to worry; it's reacting with the baking soda.  It will help draw out the red color into the water.  Remove the unit after the water gets cool.  Rinse really well, deep condition (don't skip that part!) and then recolor.  This won't hurt the hair; baking soda is a little drying, but conditioning will take care of that.  
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 10:15pm
Throw some Loreal hi lift in deep auburn on there with 20 vol for 30 minutes......never rebleach to go darker.....its a wasted....cause you're basically redepositing that red that your took off right back on.
lesandra_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesandra_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 2:16pm
Thanks for your suggestions guys!
I ended up bleaching it and liked the shade if blonde it turned so didn't even dye it in the end haha!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic