Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Upset about FIRST LACE wig from WBWigs!! :-(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Bmcduffie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bmcduffie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upset about FIRST LACE wig from WBWigs!! :-(
    Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 7:31pm
So, I just ordered my first FLW. I cut all of my relaxer off and I was looking for a way to give my hair a break while I get some length. I have a very short fro..like 1.5 inches. 

I did some research and chose to go with world beauty wigs because the communication was good and they seemed pretty legit. Shipping was super FAST! Got here in three days from China. When it got here the nightmare began. The wig is so thick and full that I can barely get a good part. I ordered a #6 color and it looks more like a 27. The wig tangles and the strands stretch and pop when I brush the wig. I feel like the wig has synthetic fibers and is over processed. I immediately sent an email and said that I want a refund. Angela keeps telling me that she feels like the wig is pretty and she did not see a problem. How can she tell me what to think about the product? I spent 228.00 dollars that I saved over 3 months. I don't have the money to waste on bad hair. Now I have this short cut that I really don't want to rock because I am suffering from alopecia in some areas of my scalp right now. 

I paid with Paypal..Has anyone experienced getting a refund with paypal? Any ideas?

Thanks Guys!
Sponsored Links

hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 7:42pm
You can get a refund through PayPal but it takes a really long time. You would also have to send the wig back to the sender who may claim they never got it (I've heard a lot of horror stories about returning merchandise to CVs). 
Bmcduffie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bmcduffie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 8:40pm
Thanks for the reply...so if they say they never got it, I don't get a refund?
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Bmcduffie Bmcduffie wrote:

Thanks for the reply...so if they say they never got it, I don't get a refund?

If you decide to send the wig back, don't skimp on shipping. Send it with a tracking number that you can verify (UPS, USPS Intl'l Express Mail, etc). When you ship, mark the package as a hair sample with a low dollar value, like $15.00, otherwise, it will get stuck in customs in China, and the vendor may refuse to pick up the package due to high customs fees.

Edited by chatnoir - Dec 04 2012 at 11:01pm
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:17am
what kind of wig did you purchase you left that part out? if its a processed wig to AA texture they are going to be thick b/c of the texture.. i'm assuming it was a stock wig, have you done anything to the wig since you got it.. I don't brush my wigs especially if the knots are not sealed, and i don't use a brush in most instances unless maybe a wire brush but even that is rare for me.. b/c brushing does break the hair.. You've not posted anything about the wig other than you think the color is lighter than expected and its thick, which if its a yaki texture its going to be, that would warrant a return.. what else is going on with the wig b/c it might be something you can deal with.. I personally wouldn't have cut my hair off until i got the wig, do you have pictures you can post?

Edited by sexibeach - Dec 05 2012 at 4:32am
Bmcduffie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bmcduffie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 8:37am
I will try to post pictures today. Yes, it is a yaki texture...so I guess that is why it is thick. I was working with it last night. I am going to darken the wig and have a stylist cut it properly. Thank you. I was going to cut my hair off anyway, but I definitely should have waited to see if I even like full lace wigs. My options are pretty slim for hairstyles right now. Rocking the TWA with thin spots really isnt for me, but it might have to do if I dont get the wig situation straight.

Can I thin a yaki textured wig that is super full?
Bmcduffie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bmcduffie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 1:15pm
Thanks Kelly..won't make that mistake again!
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Bmcduffie Bmcduffie wrote:

I will try to post pictures today. Yes, it is a yaki texture...so I guess that is why it is thick. I was working with it last night. I am going to darken the wig and have a stylist cut it properly. Thank you. I was going to cut my hair off anyway, but I definitely should have waited to see if I even like full lace wigs. My options are pretty slim for hairstyles right now. Rocking the TWA with thin spots really isnt for me, but it might have to do if I dont get the wig situation straight.

Can I thin a yaki textured wig that is super full?

Yes you can definitely thin the texture out but first of all dye it and straighten it first. Don't forget you will lose some hair to natural shedding & you don't want to go from too full to to thin in a matter of weeks.

If you do thin it out take out 'less' rather than more - coz you can always take out more in the future.
Posh Ams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Posh Ams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 2:02pm
Sorry to hear about your issues OP. I just ordered my Xmas NYE wiggie from WBW. They best not even try to mess with me!
Bmcduffie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bmcduffie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:09pm
Thanks guys!! I appreciate the great feedback! Kelly, the PM did help. Will look into it.

So, after sealing, bleaching knots, dying the wig chocolate brown a #3, and thinning with thinning shears, and conditioning, the wig looks GREAT!! I realize that you have to make the wig your "own" sometimes. The hair is actually really pretty. There are no synthetic fibers. Everything dyed the proper color, no light strands. I used professional Clairol...cool brown. I will be uploading some pics tonight after I install. This is my first attempt at installing a lace wig. Wish me luck :-). 

Thanks again Ladies, I was totally frantic. It is safe to say that WBW is a good company, but you might have to do some tweaking, just like with any wig I guess. If anyone knows where I can get a wig that won't have to be tweaked, let me know. I will save up for another one soon. I want to try the curly/wavy wigs next. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic