Forum Locked**Updated** Using Fabric Dyes on Human Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2006 at 6:23pm
..Ohh my I am very anxious to see how this turns out!
Sponsored Links

deewhizz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2006 at 7:46pm
This thread is fascinating! I am in awe of you ladies!

I am also right in the middle of experimenting with salon colors on the wefts so this is of great interest to meTongue I tried Redken color gels this week-end and next I will try Loreal Majirel and Paul Mitchell the color.
But this is sooo interesting about the fabric dyes! I have not had any issues with human hair dye bleeding, but then again I don't darken I always lighten.

What I am dying to know is this:

The human hair dyes leave beautiful highlights on the wefts. I love the ones I did this week-end. Will the acid dye leave varied natural color on the wefts or a flat matte color?

(I know the pros are supposed to use it but they may have some secret process to leave natural highlights)

chuladi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2006 at 8:26pm
Quote The human hair dyes leave beautiful highlights on the wefts. I love the ones I did this week-end. Will the acid dye leave varied natural color on the wefts or a flat matte color?

IMO, No. This is the drawback of using the acid dye. It's meant to dye uniformly and evenly. I'm more interested in finding out about depigmentation without bleach.

Did you get your color from eBay or are you a stylist or have a hookup on professional color? LMK how the Majirel turns out, I have heard good things about that line.
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2006 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by deewhizz deewhizz wrote:

The human hair dyes leave beautiful highlights on the wefts. I love the ones I did this week-end. Will the acid dye leave varied natural color on the wefts or a flat matte color?

(I know the pros are supposed to use it but they may have some secret process to leave natural highlights)

Girl the pros ain't tellin' us nothin' so this is truly trial and error.. LOLLOL I'm sure that the answer is yes based on the colored hair we have all bought with beautiful highlights.. (Since we know most of these companies are using fabric dyes to color hair..) I guess it's a matter of learning the correct dying techniques to achieve the effect..Big smile

Chuladi, I'm thinking something along the lines of a tie dye technique might work..

Originally posted by chuladi chuladi wrote:

I'm more interested in finding out about depigmentation without bleach.
Me too.. Got some virgin Russian hair to play with along with the Indian hair..Big smile

Edited by DivaVocals - Jul 23 2006 at 8:32pm
deewhizz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2006 at 12:38am
Originally posted by DivaVocals DivaVocals wrote:

Girl the pros ain't tellin' us nothin' so this is truly trial and error.. LOLLOL I'm sure that the answer is yes based on the colored hair we have all bought with beautiful highlights.. (Since we know most of these companies are using fabric dyes to color hair..) I guess it's a matter of learning the correct dying techniques to achieve the effect..Big smile

I know they won't tell us willingly LOL .....we need a spy! ok who wants to get a job at EP?LOL

Edited by deewhizz - Jul 24 2006 at 12:41am
koffeebrown View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2006 at 12:42am

I know they won't tell us willingly LOL .....we need a spy! ok who wants to get a job at EP?LOL

They prolly make u sign some kinda of confidentiality/non-compete thing. Don't want none of our BHM Divas in lockup behind some EP corporate espionage. But hey DV, if u willing to risk it... Wink
deewhizz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2006 at 12:56am
Originally posted by chuladi chuladi wrote:

Quote The human hair dyes leave beautiful highlights on the wefts. I love the ones I did this week-end. Will the acid dye leave varied natural color on the wefts or a flat matte color?

IMO, No. This is the drawback of using the acid dye. It's meant to dye uniformly and evenly. I'm more interested in finding out about depigmentation without bleach.

Did you get your color from eBay or are you a stylist or have a hookup on professional color? LMK how the Majirel turns out, I have heard good things about that line.

I got it from Ebay. I'm not a stylist, I think my granny called it a kitchen beauticianLOL
I also got swatch books and color charts so I know the ratios to mix and can put the color against my skin to see how it would look. Of course the hair should be pale blonde to get the swatch color otherwise you have use the color wheel to get desired result. I don't like to bleach it that light since it will have to go through another process after. I'm using CHI blondest blonde right now to lighten but I just go to a golden blonde.

I'm really interested in the dyeing without bleach too that would be ideal.

I think I'm trying the Majirel next. I saw stylists raving about it on one of their boards. I just colored my own hair with Loreal hi-color for dark hair and its the first time I got a brown that wasn't reddish...that really makes me want to try the majirel...
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2006 at 4:17am
Originally posted by koffeebrown koffeebrown wrote:

They prolly make u sign some kinda of confidentiality/non-compete thing. Don't want none of our BHM Divas in lockup behind some EP corporate espionage. But hey DV, if u willing to risk it... Wink
Hell to the naw man..  ain't going to jail for HAIR!!!!LOLLOLLOL
deewhizz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2006 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by koffeebrown koffeebrown wrote:

LOL at willing to risk it!LOLLOL

Oh yeah I forgot about those I had to sign them for Kodak and Xerox. My husband's boss got sued over one because she left their old company and stole not 1 not 2 but 3 of her former employees (who were unhappy there anyway and glad to go)She had signed an agreement that included a clause about not only intellectual property but because she was a VP no hiring of former employees for a year. She did it anyway! Repeatedly!

The new companies' lawyer and the old companies' settled so basically they paid off the old company and got away with it.

So if our "undercover agent" gets caught we will have to pool our bucks together and buy them off! As much as we ladies spend on "huuur" should be no prob!LOLLOL
chuladi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2006 at 7:33pm
Quote Since we know most of these companies are using fabric dyes to color hair

You know, I asked a couple places about that and the general response I got was a no. They don't use salon haircolor, but they don't use straight away fabric dyes. I'm thinking what they do use is something middle ground that is a special formulation of acid dye.

Regarding tie dye:

I asked about this extensively because I'd love to paint on the dye instead of submerge it. I got a really long explanation that ended with steam setting and a bunch of stuff I didn't want to bother with.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic