Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 1114>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 26 Votes, Average 4.54  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 11:00pm
Florida politicians told: Remember Trayvon Martin – stop the war on Black and brown youth
By Staff | November 24, 2012
Read more articles in Oppressed Nationalities
Tallahassee protest demands remembrance of Trayvon Martin. (Fight Back! News/Staff) Dream Defenders in Florida Capitol building.
Tallahassee, FL - Around 15 activists from Tallahassee Dream Defenders, joined by other protesters including immigrant rights leaders, assembled on the fourth floor of the Florida Capitol building here, Nov. 20, showing politicians that Florida brown and Black groups are visible and demanding they remember Trayvon Martin.

Dream Defenders, a youth civil rights group, stood with their hoodies up in silent protest as legislators and lobbyists packed the floor between the Florida House and Senate chambers. They held signs reading, “Remember Trayvon,” and “Stop the war on Black and brown youth”.

Ciara Taylor with the Dream Defenders helped organize the protest. “The Dream Defenders are here to remind legislators to remember Trayvon Martin when they make legislation that disproportionally affect Black and brown youth in the state of Florida.”

Senators and representatives purposely avoided the hooded protestors. However, the Dream Defenders felt that they got their point across at the Capitol.

“Dream Defenders will be on the front line come next spring in defending and fighting for the rights of young Black and brown youth who are victimized by policies and laws that have been pushed through by Florida’s radical right-wing legislature under the guidance of Tea Party hero, Governor Rick Scott,” said organizer Michael Sampson. “We are going to make sure that this legislature remembers the death of Trayvon Martin and make sure that new Trayvons don’t happen again.”

Email this Article       
Sponsored Links

kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 11:49pm
I'm back.
don't know why my computer would freeze in the TTT section....
I would have to shut it off to get out of BHM.....
oh well let me catch up & then voice my opinion....
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 12:18am
In his police report, Tim Smith wrote that when he got to the scene, he saw that Zimmerman's back was wet and had grass clippings on it. That suggests the defendant had been on the ground, facing up.

Tim Smith also wrote that he saw blood coming from Zimmerman's nose and the back of his head.

This statement is leading..... It suggest the defendant had been on the ground ????????????????????????????
I hope the defense catch that comment it's common knowledge now he struggling to keep this kid on the ground....
I am concerned. This Judge is allowing foolishness wasting tax payers money They want the popularity to die down... ain't gonna happen
Zimmercum hasn't gotten beat up yet?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 9:18am

Kaii, I noticed that too.

It was like the investigator some type of bias or something.

The good thing is, the detective who wanted to press charges against GZ in the first place has hired Jose Baez as his attorney. and you know that little bastard is going to skim through every piece of evidence to show that his client was correct. that's extremely good for the prosecution!
If by chance they miss anything, you better believe Jose will find it
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 9:49pm
that's good to know.....

cause if I can read & see a bias they will too...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 3:46pm
SMH: George Zimmerman to sell autographs to pay expenses (via @RoblesHerald)
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 3:55pm
smh.

i hope the judge prevents this.
cvzx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote cvzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 9:38am
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

I truly believe his time will come...I believe that justice will prevail . Trayvon will never be forgotten and his death will not be in vain.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

I saw the story a few moments ago . My blood pressure went up . Angry

Edited by india100 - Nov 29 2012 at 8:56pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 8:50pm

For The Sake Of Jordan & Trayvon’s Lives, Repeal Stand Your Ground!

Posted 3 hours 38 min ago by Selena Hill for Global Grind Staff

Earlier this year, the death of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed teen shot and killed in Florida, shed light on two important issues: race relations and the Stand Your Ground law.

STORY: Justice For Jordan Davis! Michael Dunn Uses "Stand Your Ground" In Murder Defense 

Nine months later, the lessons that we learned from Trayvon’s tragic death seem to be pardoned as we’re forced to relive the same nightmare with the death of Jordan Davis. 

Jordan, like Trayvon, was a 17-year-old boy who was killed by a licensed gun owner who perceived him as a “threat,” despite the fact that he was not carrying a weapon. On top of that, both Trayvon and Jordan’s killers are hiding behind a law that justifies their use of deadly force and the misjudgment they made about African American boys who they thought were threats. Because of the Stand Your Ground law, it’s possible that their killers will go unpunished and justice for their deaths will be forsaken.

PHOTOS: His Final Moments On Earth… The 411 On Jordan Davis

Passed in Florida in 2005, the Stand Your Ground law gives people the right to use deadly force against someone they feel is threatening to kill them, or cause great bodily harm, without having to retreat or specify what’s a legitimate threat. This law was also passed in 20 other states, including South Carolina and Mississippi. Advocates for the law argue that it allows people to protect themselves by meeting force with force. However, their argument fails to recognize the fallacy of the law, which does not take into account racial implications, stereotypes or poor judgment by a person who feels justified to kill another. The law also unintentionally grants people the right to bring lethal weapons to heated confrontations.

Months after Trayvon Martin was killed, Florida Gov. Rick Scott ordered a task force to investigate the “Stand Your Ground” law to see if it needed to be changed.  However, critics complained that the committee was dominated by Republicans who already supported the law.  After their investigation, the task force made minor changes to the law which included making the state limit neighborhood watch volunteers to "observing, watching, and reporting" and allowing law enforcement to investigate a person who uses the Stand Your Ground self-defense claim.  As a result, within one year the same tradegy has been repeated.

We do not need another Trayvon or Jordan to die to realize the fallacy of this law. It needs to be repealed now. 

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/news/jordan-davis-trayvon-martin-shot-killed-repeal-stand-your-ground-law#ixzz2DfdL8CRY
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 1114>
  Share Topic