Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 1115>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 26 Votes, Average 4.54  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 10:10am
Mark O'mara, head defense attorney of George Zimmerman in murder case of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, disposed a witness list Thursday that mentioned two key investigators in the case.
(Photo : Reuters )

Mark O'mara, head defense attorney of George Zimmerman in the murder case of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, disposed a witness list Thursday that mentioned two key investigators in the case.

According to Orlando Sentinel, O'mara wants to call upon Tim Smith, the first officer on the scene of the crime and Sgt. Randy Smith, the investigator who supervised the investigation, to the witness stand.

Officer Smith was the police who handcuffed Zimmerman and took him into custody. The police usually provide testimonies for the state. But according to The Hispanic Business, O'Mara will be using this unusual strategy in defending his client who is being charged with second-degree murder Martin.

Recently, prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda leaked the names of the witness. Whether this was an intentional move or accident remains unclear.

Earlier this month, O'Mara said that his witness would be given numbers as identities. O'Mara will submitted a list of witness to Judge Debra Nelson, while keeping their names unknown.

According to an article in the Orlando Sentinel, Rionda filed a summary sheet, which is open to the public, on November 8 at the Seminole County Court. The summary has a list of a number of witnesses.

Whether Judge Nelson will take any action against the prosecutor is yet unclear.

The defense claims to currently have between 50-70 witnesses according to the Huffington Post. Zimmerman's legal team submitted a request to delay the trial, which is been set for June 10. O'Mara states that the defense needs additional time to prepare for the case.

Zimmerman was arrested in February for the killing of the 17-year-old, Zimmerman who was armed shot Martin after claiming that he was attacked by the teenager and fired in an act of self-defense. The 28-year-old Zimmerman has maintained the claim to self-defense from the beginning of the case.

In July, the Florida judge set Zimmerman's bail for $1 million, after previously revoking a $150,000 bond, for misleading the court about his finances.

He has been released from jail on bond, but under strict conditions including a round the clock GPS monitoring system.

Court hearing for trial has been set for June 10.

Read more at http://www.lawyerherald.com/articles/2441/20121116/george-zimmerman-witness-list-defense-present-two.htm#Q5IecP7JxIIh3L1v.99
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 11:00pm
Florida politicians told: Remember Trayvon Martin – stop the war on Black and brown youth
By Staff | November 24, 2012
Read more articles in Oppressed Nationalities
Tallahassee protest demands remembrance of Trayvon Martin. (Fight Back! News/Staff) Dream Defenders in Florida Capitol building.
Tallahassee, FL - Around 15 activists from Tallahassee Dream Defenders, joined by other protesters including immigrant rights leaders, assembled on the fourth floor of the Florida Capitol building here, Nov. 20, showing politicians that Florida brown and Black groups are visible and demanding they remember Trayvon Martin.

Dream Defenders, a youth civil rights group, stood with their hoodies up in silent protest as legislators and lobbyists packed the floor between the Florida House and Senate chambers. They held signs reading, “Remember Trayvon,” and “Stop the war on Black and brown youth”.

Ciara Taylor with the Dream Defenders helped organize the protest. “The Dream Defenders are here to remind legislators to remember Trayvon Martin when they make legislation that disproportionally affect Black and brown youth in the state of Florida.”

Senators and representatives purposely avoided the hooded protestors. However, the Dream Defenders felt that they got their point across at the Capitol.

“Dream Defenders will be on the front line come next spring in defending and fighting for the rights of young Black and brown youth who are victimized by policies and laws that have been pushed through by Florida’s radical right-wing legislature under the guidance of Tea Party hero, Governor Rick Scott,” said organizer Michael Sampson. “We are going to make sure that this legislature remembers the death of Trayvon Martin and make sure that new Trayvons don’t happen again.”

Email this Article       
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 11:49pm
I'm back.
don't know why my computer would freeze in the TTT section....
I would have to shut it off to get out of BHM.....
oh well let me catch up & then voice my opinion....
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 12:18am
In his police report, Tim Smith wrote that when he got to the scene, he saw that Zimmerman's back was wet and had grass clippings on it. That suggests the defendant had been on the ground, facing up.

Tim Smith also wrote that he saw blood coming from Zimmerman's nose and the back of his head.

This statement is leading..... It suggest the defendant had been on the ground ????????????????????????????
I hope the defense catch that comment it's common knowledge now he struggling to keep this kid on the ground....
I am concerned. This Judge is allowing foolishness wasting tax payers money They want the popularity to die down... ain't gonna happen
Zimmercum hasn't gotten beat up yet?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 9:18am

Kaii, I noticed that too.

It was like the investigator some type of bias or something.

The good thing is, the detective who wanted to press charges against GZ in the first place has hired Jose Baez as his attorney. and you know that little bastard is going to skim through every piece of evidence to show that his client was correct. that's extremely good for the prosecution!
If by chance they miss anything, you better believe Jose will find it
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 9:49pm
that's good to know.....

cause if I can read & see a bias they will too...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 3:46pm
SMH: George Zimmerman to sell autographs to pay expenses (via @RoblesHerald)
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 3:55pm
smh.

i hope the judge prevents this.
cvzx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote cvzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 9:38am
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

I truly believe his time will come...I believe that justice will prevail . Trayvon will never be forgotten and his death will not be in vain.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

I saw the story a few moments ago . My blood pressure went up . Angry

Edited by india100 - Nov 29 2012 at 8:56pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 1115>
  Share Topic