Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11041105110611071108 1115>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 26 Votes, Average 4.54  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 2:58pm

George Zimmerman's Wife Admits Perjury, Apologizes to Judge

By SENI TIENABESO | Good Morning America – 49 minutes ago
  • George Zimmermans Wife Takes Perjury Plea Deal (ABC News)

Good Morning America - George Zimmerman's Wife Takes Perjury Plea Deal (ABC News)

The wife of George Zimmerman, the Florida man acquitted in the death of Trayvon Martin, pleaded guilty today to perjury charges and apologized for her lie saying "the truth will set you free."

The plea deal allows Shellie Zimmerman to avoid a felony charge.

George Zimmerman was not present during today's proceedings as Judge Marlene Alva asked Shellie Zimmerman if she understood what she was pleading to.

"Yes, your honor," she responded as Alva asked her several questions about the agreement.

Under the negotiated plea deal Shellie Zimmerman can continue pursuing her nursing aspirations because she will not be a convicted felon. She was given 100 hours of community service, one year probation and will have to present an apology letter to the judge she lied to.

In her letter to Judge Kenneth Lester, who was presiding when she committed her perjury, Shellie Zimmerman wrote, "By lying under oath, I let my God down, I let your Honor and the court down, ... and most of all I let myself down."

"I am a Christian and I know the words of the Bible, espcially those of Jesus in the Gospel of John 8:32. I am sorry that I had forgotten this passage and forevermore I promise to remember, 'The truth will set you free.'"

Shellie faced perjury charges after she was accused of lying about her and George Zimmerman's finances during his April 2012 bond hearing.

When asked by prosecutors and Zimmerman's attorneys about their finances, she said they were virtually indigent. However, Zimmerman had raised nearly $200,000 in funds through an online defense fund. Taped jail house recordings later surfaced showing Shellie and George speaking in code about their finances. Those conversations led to Zimmerman's bail being revoked and then bail raised to a $1 million bond.

On April 9, 2012 George Zimmerman launched the website therealgeorgezimmerman.com and within weeks received more than $200,000 in donations to help pay for his mounting legal fees. But during his bond hearing Zimmerman's wife testified that the couple was nearly broke.

Appearing via telephone due to fear for her life, she was asked by her husband's lawyer Mark O'Mara if they add any major financial assets and she said no. She repeated that claim under cross examination.

In a later hearing, prosecutors presented surprise evidence that included at least four jailhouse phone conversations in which George and Shellie Zimmerman were apparently discussing tiny amounts of money, but where allegedly referring to some of the $200,000 into their PayPal account.

At the time of the recordings, Zimmerman had just been recently arrested and charged with second-degree murder in the death of Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old.

The guilty plea came a day after George Zimmerman's attorneys revealed that they want the state of Florida to reimburse up to $300,000 in legal costs for their successful defense in the murder trial.

Zimmerman was acquitted in July of second-degree murder for the 2012 shooting of Martin. Zimmerman claimed he shot Martin in self-defense.

The not guilty verdict triggered protests around the country.

Zimmerman had employed a 10-person legal team, which conducted dozens of depositions, flew in experts, and even ordered up a 3-D animation to be aired toward the end of the trial.

State law requires the reimbursement of all but the most expensive item, which are lawyer's fees, estimated at well over $1 million. The state of Florida reported the trial cost it more than $900,000, much of it for security.

O'Mara said it could take four to six weeks before Zimmerman's team can negotiate the reimbursement with the state.

Zimmerman had largely been living off of donations solicited on his website before and during the trial that he said have dried up.

Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 3:09pm
no kidding
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 3:20pm
why does she get a plea deal? 
that was a huge lie... your husband getting hundreds of thousands in donations and youre claiming that yall are broke? 

they just wont stop letting them get away wish ish... 
this is bullshiit.. 

Under the negotiated plea deal Shellie Zimmerman can continue pursuing her nursing aspirations because she will not be a convicted felon. She was given 100 hours of community service, one year probation and will have to present an apology letter to the judge she lied to.

yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 4:55pm
That kills me all the consideration they are extending. That heifer straight up lied to the court. People have been thrown underneath the courthouse for much less. And this heifer was straight of deceitful....
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 5:21pm

Florida: Legal Fees Sought in Zimmerman Case

B

A lawyer for George Zimmerman, who was acquitted of murder in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, will ask the State of Florida to pay for some of his client’s nonlawyer legal bills. The lawyer, Mark O’Mara, said Tuesday that the defense team may bill the state as much as $300,000 in costs incurred for experts, as well as costs like printing deposition transcripts. State law allows defendants to get their expenses, minus costs for private counsel, reimbursed by the state if they are found not guilty. Though Mr. O’Mara and his fellow defense lawyers took the case pro bono, he said they would like to recoup some money from prosecutors. The defense claims prosecutors held back evidence before the trial, and Mr. O’Mara estimates that he and his co-counsel Don West spent more than 200 hours trying to secure those documents. They want to be paid for their time.

Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 6:51pm
I'm been trying to post in here all day smh

And his ass was probably too scared to show for her hearing
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 11:42pm
She deserves to have the name felon tattooed across her forehead. Looking like a female version of Porky the Pig..

She lied under oath. Who the hell would trust her as their nurse at a hospital?

*sigh*

The universe isnt taking care of this fast enough for me..
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2013 at 12:06am
Aug 28, 2013 8:46pm
ABC shellie zimmerman nt 130828 4x3 608 George Zimmermans Wife Says He Has Beaten Down Her Self Esteem

ABC News

The Florida investigative journalist who is the first reporter to sit down with George Zimmerman’s wife, Shellie, said that during their “stunning” hourlong interview, the acquitted killer’s wife said that her husband has “beaten down her self-esteem,” but she is “looking forward to getting her life back.”

Christi O’Connor spoke with ABCNews.com today about her experience locking down an interview with Shellie Zimmerman as the media focused its attention on her husband, who was acquitted of second-degree murder charges in the death of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old, in Sanford, Fla., in February 2012.

Tune into “Good Morning America” on Thursday to see the exclusive interview with Shellie Zimmerman.

Today, Shellie Zimmerman was sentenced to 100 hours of community service and one year’s probation, plus she will have to present an apology letter to the judge she lied to about the couple’s finances. O’Connor said that after months of courting her and her attorney, she was able to secure the interview with Shellie about her life leading up to and since her husband’s trial.

“When I asked her why she was doing [the interview], Shellie said, ‘I want to start my life back.’ George Zimmerman has beaten down her self-esteem,” O’Connor told ABCNews.com, adding that Shellie is using this opportunity for a new start. “She has a moment in the spotlight. She wants everyone to know that she changed her life.”

Shellie also told O’Connor that the aftermath of the shooting and months until the trial put a major strain on the couple’s relationship.

“It put great stress on their marriage,” she said. “Constantly having to move. She got threats. A lot of threats. She doesn’t want to reveal from who…. They are constantly living under fear of being attacked.”

O’Connor, who is working on a book about the George Zimmerman trial, also hinted that there was evidence that was mishandled, saying that during the sensational trial, “there were so many untruths told.”

“What the jury never heard could have led to a different verdict,” she said.

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2013 at 12:25am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

George Zimmerman’s Wife Says He Has ‘Beaten Down Her Self Esteem’

Beat her self esteem down? I will support this pudgy slug if that statement becomes her defense in a future stand your ground/self defense situation against GZ.Thumbs Up

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

“What the jury never heard could have led to a different verdict,” she said.
Stern Smile Imma pretend I read this wrong smh!

Why does it sound like they are not even together? Anywho, eff 'em both.

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2013 at 12:31am
No, they can't possibly be together.  He's spending time with all of these guns and there is not one photo of him with his baby.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11041105110611071108 1115>