Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10881089109010911092 1115>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 26 Votes, Average 4.54  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 9:31am
Thanks Avi, great article. 

And Angela Corey conducted this trial this way on purpose.  B-37 is her target constituent.
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 10:05am
Should we create threads that follow local elections for each individual state?

Like thread "CA", we can all post the current and upcoming events, information and articles regarding Californian representatives and prospective officials
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Should we create threads that follow local elections for each individual state?

Like thread "CA", we can all post the current and upcoming events, information and articles regarding Californian representatives and prospective officials

They will get moved to politics section most likely but its a really good idea.  Especially in those places where there is a strong chance to defeat republicans.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 10:19am
I swear I would vote Melissa Harris-Perry for President.  I love this woman so muchHeart.   

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 2:05pm
WOW.

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 4:36pm
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 4:57pm
I'm a bit worried as to what's gonna happen once the rallies die down. This thing needs direction...
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 5:44pm
#Block4Trayvon: A Proposal to Block Everything

Posted 2 hours ago on July 21, 2013, 3:29 p.m. EST by OccupyWallSt
Tags: trayvon martin, #block4trayvon, #hoodiesup, calls to action

#Block4Trayvon graphic poster

via block4trayvon.wordpress.com:

The Zimmerman verdict reminds us that in the United States Black life is given no value by the forces of law, order, and property. While #hoodiesup shows a historical force drawn up in opposition, the direction of the protests is still uncertain. Some demonstrators call for a federal civil rights suit, while others draw attention to the larger structural oppression faced by black and poor people. Some want to stay focused on a single vigilante, while others draw the connection to Oscar Grant, Sean Bell, Amadou Diallo, and Rodney King. Some want to ignore the institution of the police, while the rest of us know that Zimmerman is a wannabe cop, and that every cop is a wannabe Zimmerman.

Leaders urge peace, calm, and obedience. But even if peaceful rallies result in a federal suit against Zimmerman, will that change what brought us into the streets in the first place? Do we mean it when we say, “Never Again”? What would it take to actually stop all this misery?

Every movement that’s ever meant anything has given itself the means to disrupt daily life. If there is a common thread that runs through Civil Rights to Black Power, this is it. The simple question is how to become a force. Moments of disruption teach us new ways to relate to each other and our cities. Most importantly, they teach us that we are powerful. A determined people doesn’t have to rely on wannabe cops or politicians. That’s why the cowards caution us to obey the law over the call in our hearts. They know this—and it terrifies them.

“I’m not shocked, I’m outraged.” The murder of a black teen is not the exception, but the norm; we are coming to fists with normal life in America. Hence, #hoodiesup must disrupt the places that sustain this normal: cities, highways, trains, ports, social media—all the flows that compose the false harmony of America. The sit-ins in Pittsburgh and Florida, the marches blocking streets around the country, the highway takeovers in Oakland, LA, and Houston, all share a wisdom: every place that politics and commerce carry on as if nothing has happened is ripe for disruption. Block everything!

Friday, 7/26 | Everywhere | #Block4Trayvon

Highways, Bridges, Ports, Trains

Brazilianbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilianbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 6:37pm
I am a mix of white, black (gpa is half black), native American (gma was born and raised in the amazon), and Hispanic and an immigrant. I have been the victom and witness of rasism which is why i need to say this.. The only reason why this trial reached national headlines is cuz it was a white guy that shot a black person. If it was the other way around or some other race, the whole nation wouldn't be in an uproar. I know cuz it happens all the time. And the fact people went straight to saying the man did it out of racism and everyone in the jury is racist without even co sidering the evidence and both side of the story just shows this is just a race thing. And come on. The jury is made of random people that have no idea what's going on plus they all have to agree. I highly doubt they all could have been racist. I feel like I'm the only one that sees what this nation does for minorities. To get scholarship money I just had to score top 20% of all Hispanics on my sat where white people have to get an almost perfect score to get like $5,000-10,000. I'm given alot more opportunities cuz of my race and that's not fair. (I've lived in the US since I was about 6-7 and fully understand the culture and history so I'm not speaking out of ignorance just simply from past experience and observation)
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 6:40pm
Don't respond y'all.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair