Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10841085108610871088 1115>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 26 Votes, Average 4.54  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 3:12am
Sponsored Links

bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Saw this on FB. He was passionate!

Part 2 in the link below.

Can someone embed this

Edited by bindy - Jul 20 2013 at 9:57am
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 9:36am
^Thanks Bindy

Whoooooo! Melissa Harris-Perry's panel is PREACHING today!!!
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

^Thanks Bindy

Whoooooo! Melissa Harris-Perry's panel is PREACHING today!!!

ClapClapClap MHP is my hero.  I love seeing so many black women on this station RUNNING the show instead of just coming on to say dumb sh*t. 

I wish CNN was more like this.   I feel like they never trout out these attention seeking coons who want to just say something "profound" about how black people are racist, blah, blah, blah.  
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 11:48am
Bey & Jay are at the rally in New York.
First Lady must have gotten in all their asses lol
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 11:49am
Wow, this was incredibly poetic

Originally posted by verysmartbrothas verysmartbrothas wrote:

America The Beautiful

Posted on by The Champ

I was in my bedroom. My girlfriend and I were preparing to head to a friend’s birthday party/cookout. After checking my pockets to make sure I had my wallet and keys, I reflexively scanned my phone, and saw I had a message from my boss at EBONY.

“Damon, are you by a computer? Can you put up the NYT report on the verdict ASAP?!”

My Saturday was an uncharacteristically busy one. The birthday party mentioned above was the fourth social gathering we attended, and there were three others we wanted to attend but couldn’t slide into our schedule. Yet, much of my day was spent doing the exact same thing: checking my phone to see if the Zimmerman verdict came in yet.

When my boss emailed me, it had been a half hour or so since I last checked, so that email was the first notice I received that the verdict was in. As you can see, the email didn’t give any indication what the verdict actually was. But, before logging on to Twitter, I re-read it a couple times just to see if there were any clues with her syntax and punctuation that would give me any clues about what I was about to find out. Basically, I was bracing myself. I was also holding my breath.

It’s Sunday afternoon now. A little after two o’clock. As of yet, there haven’t been any serious riots or violence in response to the verdict, and I don’t expect there to be. The anger is there—festering, smoldering, and blistering—but that feeling is engulfed by a pervasive, all-encompassing sadness. This is devastating. And, this devastation—not outrage or violence—is the scariest outcome for everyone.

Although this feeling is a direct result of learning that George Zimmerman would not be punished for killing Trayvon Martin, the emotion behind our collective investment in this case was never about retribution or revenge. Or even anger and outrage. It was hope. Hope we’d finally get a sign that our lives matter just as much as their’s do. Hope that the criminal justice system would finally extend us an olive branch. Hope that this time—when the prevailing facts of the case seemed so apparent, so conspicuous—they couldn’t excuse or argue a way out of finally having to admit that it’s not okay to kill Black people.

While we (Black people) have a reputation for not trusting the government in general and law enforcement in particular, that sentiment is misleading. Yes, it’s true that we don’t trust…but we want to. We want to be able to buy in. We want to be able to say the pledge of allegiance with the same conviction other American citizens do. We want to be able to celebrate America without being cynics. We want to be able to trust the cops, the criminal justice system, our politicians, our government, and our country. We want to believe that our country believes in us. We want to sing “America the Beautiful” and actually mean it.

To us, America is the deadbeat dad who always promises he’s going to make our next baseball game. And, although he never does, it doesn’t stop us from glancing in the stands between every inning to see if he finally decided to show up. That’s the thing with us. Regardless of how many times we’re let down, we’re still holding out hope that he’s going to come through.

But, after being devastated too many times, you learn that if you keep holding your breath, waiting for a sign that he cares, you might never breathe again. Basically, the only way you can keep living is if you stop giving a .

I’m not there yet. I still have hope. I still want to believe. I’m still glancing in the stands between innings, waiting to see something I know I’ll probably never see.

I’m also tired of holding my breath.

—Damon Young (aka “The Champ”)

Edited by Alias_Avi - Jul 20 2013 at 11:50am
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 12:54pm

New Accusations Against Zimmerman Jurors As Sheriffs Office Admits It Allowed Unsupervised Access

The image of a murder trial jury often times gives the image from 12 Angry Men, a group holed up, cut off from contact from the outside world, with the weight of life or death hanging over their heads as they decide the fate of the person on trial. However, in the case of the Zimmerman trial, the revelations are of steak dinners, fancy pedicures and trips to local museums, all on the taxpayer dime. The decision to pamper the jury was undertaken for a myriad of reasons. As one Florida attorney, Randy Reep, pointed out:

These women of course are not criminals, yet we took them from their families. While we did not say this then, now it is clear, half of the country is going to very vocally find fault with your dedicated effort. A Bloomin Onion at Outback would not adequately reimburse these women for the bitterness [some will level at them for their jury service.]

In a statement by the Sheriff’s office, this was elaborated upon:

Jurors watched television and movies, exercised at the hotel fitness center, and spent weekends being visited by family and friends.

Hold on a second. The Sheriff’s office did not take them away from their families, they had access to them over the weekend! However, they were carefully monitored to prevent jury tampering at least, right? To verify this statement, AI’s own Dr. Mark Bear contacted them, telling us:

Just verified with Heather Smith, from the Seminole Country Sheriff’s Office at 407-474-6259. She states, “Generally speaking, jurors serving on the Zimmerman trial were afforded two hours of visiting privileges with family of friends each weekend.” I asked what she meant by generally speaking,” and she states, “there were more opportunities afforded jurors but not all took advantage.”

So, these visits were unsupervised. WFTV has dug into these visits, and what they found calls into question the verdict. As WFTV’s legal analyst, Bill Sheaffer, points out:

It only takes two seconds for an inappropriate comment to be made to a juror by a family member inadvertently or otherwise to possibly affect the verdict, how they look at the case.

And, it turns out, there is evidence to find that jury tampering did happen, as Juror B37 discussed in her aborted book deal:

The potential book was always intended to be a respectful observation of the trial from my and my husband’s perspectives…

Her husband holding a perspective strong enough to write a book on the subject, given unsupervised access during the trial to his wife on the jury. Juror B37 has also admitted that the decision was reached with information not presented at the trial itself.

This is a siren bell warning of jury tampering. And this is but one juror, how much was discussed with the other jurors. The failure to supervise has now resulted in a potential legal nightmare for the state of Florida, which can be held liable for failing to properly ensure an untampered jury. Add to it the money that juror B37 could anticipate from such a book deal, which would be worth far more if given a not-guilty verdict than otherwise, and we are looking at a potential post-trial jury payoff negotiated through the husband.

And the concerns over Juror B37 are far older than that apparent after the trial. In watching her jury interview, one finds a very concerning pattern. As discussed by legal expert Gail Brashers-Krug, a former federal prosecutor and law professor and who is currently a criminal defense attorney in Iowa:

She really wants to be a juror. She seems to be going out of her way to minimize the disruptive effect of a multiweek trial on her life. Jurors rarely do that. She is also taking pains to avoid saying anything particularly sympathetic to either side. Both sides tend to be very skeptical of jurors who are particularly eager to serve on high-profile cases. Often they have their own agendas, or are attention-seekers.

We find a juror with their own agenda, who managed to sneak her way onto the jury, with unsupervised access to an element harboring their own viewpoint and opinion, and who aimed to profit off of a non-guilty verdict. She had the means, by having access to her husband unsupervised. She had the motive, by profiting off of a book deal. And she had the opportunity by being on the jury in the first place.

Jury tampering is a third degree felony in Florida, punishable by up to five years in prison. But with a man who would cover up a tuberculosis outbreak in charge of ensuring the judicial process is followed, it is highly doubtful a real investigation into jury tampering will happen in Florida.

Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 2:25pm
Her husband holding a perspective strong enough to write a book on the subject, given unsupervised access during the trial to his wife on the jury. Juror B37 has also admitted that the decision was reached with information not presented at the trial itself.

Oh really now?
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 2:43pm
I enjoyed watching Anderson Cooper's town hall meeting on this. He didn't have any dumb ass white opposition or Uncle Toms Thumbs Up.. I think they said part 2 is coming on Monday.

It was somewhat a relief if you've been watching HLN/CNN where they keep bringing in people like Crystal Wright or Taaffe.

CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 2:48pm
So much corruption...why am i know surprised...this is the U.S. for ya!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10841085108610871088 1115>
  Share Topic