Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10531054105510561057 1114>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 26 Votes, Average 4.54  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 7:47am
G are you talking about the "I ain't sh*t" blog?

Mark Geragos** wrote a piece and said its Angela Corey's fault because she frequently prosecutes 17 year old ybm as adults and they went into this case calling tray a child.
He said it didn't come off as genuine especially when appealing to a group of white women who have a conscious and subconscious fear of black men.

B-37's interview pisses me off to this day because the dumb heffa described manslaughter all through her interviews now she wants to hide behind the law. No boo boo stand behind your decision. You were bold enough to chase down a book deal so be bold enough to stand behind your sh*t.

The prosecution dropped the ball too. They should have charged him with manslaughter from the beginning. They spent so much time trying to probe ill will that they didnt focus on his negligent actions.

This case has been in my dreams every night since the verdict. It's like torture.
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 7:53am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

That release screams PR.... regardless of how the outside world may have been reacting to the case. She was in the courtroom she saw it up close and personal she saw his parents and she gave no f'ks dont act like you care now. I hope she and her husband are investigated.......  And those other juror aint shh either... together or not she may be trying to cash in on it but yall agreed with her enough to say not guilty so they can kiss my azz to... aint no amount of distance gonna change that verdict.

Silly trick didnt even wait a week be for trying to capitalize.... dumbazz hussy

thats another thing that pisses me off...ppl keep saying we don't know what the jurors saw, they saw the whole case and all the evidence...as if it wasn't televised 24/7...we saw exactly what they did.

Exactly.  They saw the same thing we saw and did not use one piece of it to make this decision.  They already had their minds made up and already knew they didn't have to find him guilty.   The trial was just time off work.  FOH.
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 8:32am
I didn't know where to post this but this makes my blood BOIL. 

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 8:50am
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

I didn't know where to post this but this makes my blood BOIL. 

Oh that's what they are calling us now?

SN: I never knew that blackladies subreddit existed. 
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 8:55am
yes! It's great. they don't promote it on other subreddits because they dont want trolls.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:05am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:09am

George Zimmerman was acquitted of killing Trayvon Martin, a New Orleans attorney complained to me Monday, because the prosecution didn't want to win a conviction. The attorney, who has worked at Tulane and Broad as an assistant district attorney and as a defense lawyer, called me to say that he's handled hundreds of homicide cases over his career and that he's never seen prosecutors who want to win make the series of missteps that the Florida prosecutors made. So he's convinced they lost on purpose. He offered six reasons for his belief that the state threw the case.

1) Prosecutors didn't demand a change of venue. The recusal of the Seminole County district attorney and multiple judges from that county is proof that the case was a political hot potato and that there was a fear that there would be negative political ramifications following a Zimmerman conviction. Therefore, the state should have moved to have the venue changed.

2) They let jurors they didn't want stay. Prosecutors tried but failed to have two jurors removed for cause. They could have had those two removed anyway by using their peremptory challenges, but instead, they let them stay on. Here's a discussion at Slate Magazine about Juror B-37 in particular and the peculiar decision by prosecutors not to have her removed. A day after the trial she reportedly contacted a literary agent to "write" a book about the trial. But after social-media outrage, that literary agent has now decided against the deal.

3) They didn't fight to get a single man on the jury. This, my source said, is prosecuting 101. In a fatal fight between men, you fight to get men on the jury. Men are more likely to convict.

4) Rachel Jeantel was poorly prepared. The lawyer said he's dealt with witnesses from age 6 to 85 and has had to rely on witnesses who had no more than a second-grade education. Jeantel, a close friend of Martin, and the closest thing the state had to a star witness, was on the phone with him as he was being followed by Zimmerman. At times she seemed hostile to the questioning and her demeanor was all but certain, my source said, to turn off a jury that was reportedly five white women and a Latina. "We made 'em into witnesses," my source said of those folks who came with shortcomings. "That's called preparation."

5) Prosecutors played for the jury a television interview that Zimmerman gave to Fox News' Sean Hannity. The defense wouldn't have been permitted to play that tape if they'd asked, he said, "so what's the prosecution playing it for?" Didn't prosecutors play the tape to highlight Zimmerman's inconsistencies? I asked. Those inconsistencies were "microscopic," he said. He said he was taught that "if it hurts your case, let the other guy do it." But in this case, the defense wouldn't have been able to do it because, he said, the tape was clearly hearsay and not subject to cross-examination.

6) A Sanford police officer who was asked if he believed Zimmerman's story of self-defense was allowed to answer yes without the prosecution objecting. Witnesses should not be permitted to offer an opinion on the credibility of other witnesses or other evidence. The next day prosecutors asked the judge to strike that portion of the investigator's testimony, and she complied. But why did the prosecution sit quietly as the question was asked and answered?

My source said he's polled about 20 prosecutors in New Orleans, and though all aren't sure that they would have been able to get Zimmerman convicted as charged, each of them is convinced he or she could have got more than an acquittal. It was a clear case of tanking, he argued: "They didn't want to win this case."

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:13am
he looks like a maniac
with them teeth that look like he been crunching on brick

ugly ass
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:22am
Cenk be going in but......that's just it. Racists don't operate on logic and common sense.

Edited by newdiva1 - Jul 18 2013 at 9:22am
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:52am

Same Sh*t, Different Decade: Trayvon Martin and the Politics of Race

Scot Nakagawa
by Scot Nakagawa posted on 7/17/13 / 2 responses

http://jacksonville.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/superphoto/11049101.jpg

When the verdict in the George Zimmerman murder trial was announced on Saturday I turned off the TV and went to bed, emotionally exhausted. My exhaustion surprised me, though the verdict did not. The verdict was all too predicable.

It is simply a fact that the racial composition of juries makes a difference in cases where the victim and/or the perpetrator are black, yet five of six jurors were white, and none were black. And in cases of murder where the victim is black, both the rate of conviction and severity of punishment are suppressed by this fact of race, regardless of the race of the perpetrator. The failure of the police to vigorously investigate the circumstances of the killing also follows a discriminatory pattern evidenced by an unsolved murder rate that is higher for blacks than for whites, especially when black people are killed in majority black neighborhoods. And not even following ordinary investigative procedures, much less conducting a vigorous investigation, guaranteed that the prosecution’s case would be thin in terms of physical evidence.

Contributing further to my bleak outlook was that fact that justice would not have been served, regardless of the verdict. Convicting George Zimmerman would not have returned a beloved son to his family. Nor would it have struck down the Stand Your Ground law without which this tragedy might not have occurred. Neither would it have reduced the implicit racism on which that law is founded; the same implicit racism that made pictures of Trayvon looking like an adult scary enough to be effective in helping to build Zimmerman’s case for self-defense.

I awoke the next day, still tired, with one name on my mind. Emmett Till. I went to the internet to remind myself of the circumstances of Till’s death. As I read, the source of my exhaustion became clear to me.

Emmett Till was a 14 year old black boy who was murdered while on a visit from Chicago to relatives in Money, Mississippi in 1955. In Money, he made the fatal error of acting like a white man when addressing a white woman. That woman’s husband, Roy Bryant, and another man, J. W. Milam, retaliated by kidnapping Till and torturing him before shooting him through the head and tossing his body into the Tallahatchie River. Bryant and Milam were charged with murder but acquitted, becoming heroes of white resistance to civil rights reforms when they admitted to the crime in a post-trial magazine interview.

Emmett Till, a Chicagoan, failed to understand the rules of engagement in the Jim Crow South; rules informed by the vicious bile of racism that labeled blacks subhuman, predatory, and criminal. According to those rules, any attempt by a black man to cross the color line, even with a look or a word, could get him killed in the name of public safety.

When the verdict came down in the Zimmerman case, it confirmed that, in spite of some not inconsiderable progress since 1955, the underlying social dynamics of race relations in the U.S. have remained largely unchanged. Like Emmett Till before him, Trayvon Martin broke unwritten racial codes.

He was a black boy walking alone at night in a mostly white, suburban neighborhood. When approached by a man with a gun who fancied himself a cop, he dared to defy him. He had a history of smoking marijuana, an act that the composition of our prisons makes clear is a sign of criminality when undertaken by blacks, but is nothing more than a minor indiscretion when undertaken by whites. He got suspended from school. He documented a fight on video, even got into a fight or two himself.

Unwritten racial codes of our society dictate that, far too often, police harassment, arrest, imprisonment, even death may result when these ordinary acts are undertaken by black people. Trayvon was today’s equivalent of a black teenager acting as though he was as free as any white man in Money, Mississippi in 1955.

And now Trayvon Martin is dead. His killer walks free because demonstrating that Trayvon had the audacity to undertake these ordinary acts was all that was necessary to raise suspicion of his criminality. And, it appears, that suspicion made credible the completely counter-intuitive theory that an adult armed with a gun was acting in self-defense when he stalked, shot, and killed an unarmed 17 year old.

That just exhausts me.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10531054105510561057 1114>