Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10231024102510261027 1115>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 26 Votes, Average 4.54  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 7:10am
I didn't go to work yesterday but I'm going today and..................I am not sure how this is gonna go because I am PISSED OFF!
Sponsored Links

Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 7:24am
Hold on now, the juror yesterday on TV was a first class idiot and I am unsure WHY the prosecution allowed her however being a member of the County Bar =/= working together. How many people are members of the Seminole County Bar?  It would be customary for anyone practicing law in the particular county to be a member of the bar, this doesn't mean they know each other.  That said I am raising my eyebrows at her husband trying to be the co-author in her failed book deal.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:11am
Every single thing that I was afraid of happened with this juror including the yt-woman-tears at the end of the interview.  Although I'm glad to see the book deal killed I am so upset that this woman was allowed to pull the focus to herself and further disrespect Trayvon's life and disrespect our bodies as a whole. 

I'm really tired of my people living with a broken mind and body.   Watching Chris Hayes yesterday it was very clear that Melissa Harris Perry and Maya Wiley were very emotional and had been crying for a few days.  It breaks my heart to know how much pain we are all in while the rest of America just moves on.   On a positive note I am sooo proud of my black women in America right now, especially all of you Hug

Lol I chuckled at India last night and now I just got busted by my own husband.  'change the channel, get off that news website and log off of BHM'.   I'll be back when he gets busy againLOL
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:24am

Man, 76, to stand trial for shooting black neighbor, 13, he accused of burglary

• John Spooner suspected Darius Simmons of breaking into his Milwaukee home and stealing guns
  • Spooner confronted the teen on the sidewalk two days after the weapons were discovered missing and demanded they be returned
  • When the teenager denied stealing anything, Spooner shot him in the chest whilst his mother watched
  • The case has drawn comparisons to the trial of George Zimmerman

By ASSOCIATED PRESS

PUBLISHED: 21:14 EST, 15 July 2013 UPDATED: 07:41 EST, 16 July 2013

•  
  •  
  •  
191 shares

View 
comments

A trial of 76-year-old white man accused of shooting to death his black 13-year-old neighbor in front of his mother is set to begin this week.

Some have likened the shooting of Darius Simmons, 13, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin as 'vigilantism and rogue police behavior' and similar in to the killing in Florida of Trayvon Martin.

In both cases, an older man allegedly killed a black teen because the shooter believed they were suspicious.

On trial: John Henry Spooner was charged with first-degree murder

On trial: John Henry Spooner was charged with first-degree murder

Police say John Henry Spooner shot Simmons last May after accusing the boy of stealing $3,000 worth of guns from his home. 

The teen, who had lived with his mother next door to Spooner for only a month, was taking out the trash around 10 a.m. when Spooner accused the boy of the theft and demanded he return the shotguns.

The teenager was unarmed when he was shot in the street outside their homes.

The boy told Spooner he had not stolen the guns and his mother, Patricia Larry, told the elderly man to go back inside.

Spooner then pulled out a handgun and shot Simmons in the chest from only five feet away, killing the boy. There were at least two witnesses. Before shooting him dead he accused him of burglarising his home earlier in the week.

'I condemn in the strongest words possible the murder of Darius Simmons,' Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett said after the shooting. 'To have a boy who's taking out the garbage at 10 in the morning murdered should shock the conscience of the state.'

In the dock: John Henry Spooner, 76, right, confers with his defense attorney. He faces charges that he fatally shot a black teen last year whom he suspected of breaking into his Milwaukee home and stealing weapons

In the dock: John Henry Spooner, 76, right, confers with his defense attorney. He faces charges that he fatally shot a black teen last year whom he suspected of breaking into his Milwaukee home and stealing weapons

Spooner allegedly confessed to the shooting telling officers 'Yeah, I shot him.'

The man had apparently vented his frustration to a local politician over the police response to the report of his theft.

If convicted of first-degree intentional homicide, Spooner faces life in prison.

His defese are planning to claim her is not guilty because he is mentally impaired.

Neighbors: Spooner was arrested after waiting for police at the crime scene. He lives in the cream house, right, while Darius Simmons lived in the blue house, left

Neighbors: Spooner was arrested after waiting for police at the crime scene. He lives in the cream house, right, while Darius Simmons lived in the blue house, left

Feud: Police said here was a history of disagreements between the man and the teenager

Feud: Police said here was a history of disagreements between the man and the teenager

At the time, neighbor Toni Johnson said she was watching TV when she heard a commotion outside her door.

‘I looked out the door and saw the mother kneeling over her boy at the curb, screaming, 'my son!' and the old guy was standing right over there by the stop sign with his dog, just waiting,’ Ms. Johnson said.

Neighbor Robert Delatorre said Spooner lived alone with his two dogs and often walked around the block.

The boy's mother, Patricia Larry, who saw the shooting, said Spooner told her son he ‘wanted his stuff back and that he wanted his shotguns back.'

'My son, Darius Simmons, was shot and killed in front of me,' Ms. Larry said. 'It's affected me, my friends, my work.'

Horrifying sight: Patricia Larry holds a photograph of her son, Darius Simmons, 13, in the yard of her Milwaukee home. He son was shot right in front of her

Horrifying sight: Patricia Larry holds a photograph of her son, Darius Simmons, 13, in the yard of her Milwaukee home. He son was shot right in front of her

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2364799/John-Spooner-76-stand-trial-shooting-dead-13-year-old-black-neighbor-Darius-Simmons.html#ixzz2ZDM9SCLb 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:32am

'We have lost everything': Zimmerman's parents break silence to reveal even they don't know where he is hiding because of an 'enormous' number of death threats'

• Gladys and Robert Zimmerman spoke out about how they have only been able to speak to their son George inside the courtroom
  • Fear that any phone calls will be tapped and his location will be broadcast
  • Say their lives have been turned upside down by the trial 
  • Gladys said she is praying for Trayvon and his parents over the 'tragedy'
  • High-profile case has left them broke and forced them to flee their home

By MEGHAN KENEALLY

PUBLISHED: 18:34 EST, 15 July 2013 UPDATED: 06:56 EST, 16 July 2013

•  
  •  
  •  
13 shares

View 
comments

George Zimmerman's parents have spoken out for the first time following his acquittal for the murder of Trayvon Martin, saying that their son is not a racist and that they haven't spoken to him since he left the courtroom on Saturday.

Robert and Gladys Zimmerman said that they fear that anytime they call their son, their phones will be tapped, leading to people finding out his location - a hideout so secretive that even they have no idea where he is living. 

They revealed that their son's legal saga has left them broke. They had to flee their own house and fear for their own lives, as well as George's, following countless death threats. 

'Only time will tell,' Gladys said when predicting what whether or not George and his wife Shelly will ever be able come out of hiding. 

WATCH THE VIDEO HERE

Their side: Gladys and Robert Zimmerman spoke out for the first time in an interview taped on Monday, saying that they fear for their sons life

Their side: Gladys and Robert Zimmerman spoke out for the first time in an interview taped on Monday, saying that they fear for their son's life

Breaking composure: Georges parents said that he appeared stoic in court in an effort to be serious and unemotional

Breaking composure: George's parents said that he appeared stoic in court in an effort to be serious and unemotional

'Even for us who have not been living a normal life for the past months, it is hard because we have lost everything,' she said of her and her husband Robert.

'If I was him, I would (stay in hiding),' Robert said during the ABC interview, the first portion of which was aired Monday evening. 

The Zimmermans have stood by their son since he became the subjects of massive public anger and protests when he was named as the man who killed unarmed Trayvon Martin. 

They have both given TV interviews before - but never together. 

Robert is a retired Virginia court magistrate. Gladys is Peruvian by birth and raised the couple's three children. 

As protests over the verdict rage on, the next step in the legal saga is the prospect that the Justice Department will file civil charges against Zimmerman, potentially trying him on the grounds that the shooting of Martin was considered a hate crime. 

Whats next: Attorney General Eric Holder (right) said that the Justice Department will continue their civil investigation into whether or not the killing of Martin (left) was a hate crime
Whats next: Attorney General Eric Holder (right) said that the Justice Department will continue their civil investigation into whether or not the killing of Martin (left) was a hate crime

What's next: Attorney General Eric Holder (right) said that the Justice Department will continue their civil investigation into whether or not the killing of Martin (left) was a hate crime 

Gladys said she cannot do say to satiate the protestors who are seeking vengeance for the killing of teenage Travyon. 

'This is America, and we went through all of this with the judicial system,' Gladys said. 'They wanted an arrest for my son. They got an arrest. Now lets, you know, find a verdict ... now they have a verdict.

'He went through the whole process they were pushing for, and now they are not happy with the verdict, and I pray. I pray for them, for God to touch their heart.'

In their first televised interview with Barbara Walters on ABC News, Robert Zimmerman defended his son, saying that claims that prejudice caused the violent outcome are false.

When asked if George is racist, Robert said: 'absolutely not. He's never been taught to be a racist.'

'When George first saw Trayvon Martin he had no idea what color he was.

'He knew he was inside a gated community. He didn't recognize him as living there. It was raining. He was just casually walking very slowly. But George did not initially know what race a person was.'

Fighting rages on: A Zimmerman supporter (left) is caught in a war of words with Trayvon supporters in New Yorks Union Square on Sunday, the day after the verdict was reached

Fighting rages on: A Zimmerman supporter (left) is caught in a war of words with Trayvon supporters in New York's Union Square on Sunday, the day after the verdict was reached

While not going into details, Robert and Gladys said that their lives have been completely uprooted since the trial, and that they have been just some on the growing roster of targets for death threats.

'We've had an enormous amount of death threats,' Robert Zimmerman said. 'George's legal counsel has had death threats, the police chief of Sanford. May people have had death threats.'

He said the words that have been sent to them by supporters of Trayvon's family have been sickening.

'Everyone with Georgie's DNA should be killed' - just every kind of horrible thing you can imagine,' Robert said. 

'I never thought that we would see so much hatred, and the hatred is not brought on by any racial incident.

'It was brought on by attorneys being totally untruthful, other people being involved, having a certain narrative, having a certain agenda, and making this situation race-based and a political issue.'

Their fear has kept the Zimmermans from reaching out to their controversial son, with their only interaction being inside the courtroom immediately following the verdict.

'I hug him, I kiss him and he said "Thank you mom, I want to go home,"' Gladys told Walters.

Asked what they would say to the parents of Trayvon, Gladys said there was little that words could do.

'It's nothing I can tell them, it's only something I can do: I can pray,' she said.

'We are deeply sorry for this tragedy, and we pray for the departed, we pray for Trayvon Martin.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2364748/George-Zimmermans-parents-speak-time-acquittal-say-son-come-hiding.html#ixzz2ZDOas3Nz 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:34am
Watch...some fools are going to say he was "menacing" while taking out the trash. That he is some way caused his own death....I can't with this foolishness
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:38am
Zimmerman losing everything is the one thing I can be happy about here.
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:43am
That mama!Angry She know her other damn son just as racist. She hasn't told him his rants, comments and appearances on tv are so not right? Miss me with those fake azz tears!
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:48am
Juror b37 ..smfh. She definitely viewed Trayvon as the "big black scary man". GTFOH.

At this point, I would be extremely satisfied if someone revealed her identity. This whole situation is a mess.

Edited by BrownQtee - Jul 16 2013 at 8:54am
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:50am
I tried...I tried to come in here and get updates & just digest the info...but the rage builds in my throat to the point I can't swallow. Dear God I hope I can feel better soon...this isn't healthy for me..or any of us for that matter. I have to be very careful, because I could see this turning into something ugly personally...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10231024102510261027 1115>