Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 547548549550551 1115>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 26 Votes, Average 4.54  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by cvzx cvzx wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Lol, this tech dude is out of his job for sure!!!

That's what I was thinking

LMAO. Did you see how angry De la Rionda was at this dude? (Deservedly so if DLR's version is the truth). Ain't no way he's sticking around.
Sponsored Links

journeytolong View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote journeytolong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 9:29pm
Is anyone going to do a recap of what has been happening I dont know if I missed anything but I left off at the handsome black man that taught zimmerman in his course.
cvzx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cvzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 9:47pm

LMAO. Did you see how angry De la Rionda was at this dude? (Deservedly so if DLR's version is the truth). Ain't no way he's sticking around.

I felt kinda sorry for him bc I knew it would not end well. He started off confident but in the end he didn't know what hit him. I felt like he was volunteering more information then needed. He should've stuck to yes and no answers.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 10:39pm

I felt kinda sorry for him bc I knew it would not end well. He started off confident but in the end he didn't know what hit him. I felt like he was volunteering more information then needed. He should've stuck to yes and no answers.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. Although I do understand his fears as to his legal exposure, he should have informed his office that he was seeking counsel and most importantly, that he was going to talk with O'Mara. Now he claims he didn't know that was gonna happen but still...
I would feel for him if I felt that De la Rionda was lying but it's clear to me that the defense did get that source file to start with. Perhaps DLR should have been more forceful into communicating that to the computer guy, though. I'll admit that. I don't think the guy had malicious intent, he was trying to cover himself. But he went about it wrong.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by journeytolong journeytolong wrote:

Is anyone going to do a recap of what has been happening I dont know if I missed anything but I left off at the handsome black man that taught zimmerman in his course.

Too tired to do that tonight, I'm turning in for the night. Hope someone answers you tomorrow. If not, I will. But the "handsome black guy" turned out to be not so good a witness for the prosecution, imo.
journeytolong View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote journeytolong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 12:22am

Originally posted by journeytolong journeytolong wrote:

Too tired to do that tonight, I'm turning in for the night. Hope someone answers you tomorrow. If not, I will. But the "handsome black guy" turned out to be not so good a witness for the prosecution, imo.

Thank you in advance Heart
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 3:08am
they can turn his testimony around Zcum was a A student yea  he knew what to do who to call etc.
how to try to cover things up. 
 BUT
 the next day he got cocky"Wink
 that doesn't sound like me"! he knew it didn't sound like him cause it wasn't
 he tell
 the neighbor "I was yelling for help no one came". he knew they heard Trayvon...
.... Zcum didn't think killing this kid would go anywhere...
remember he wanted to go to work the next day as a hero of course. 
Trayvon w laying in the morgue as a John Doe 
 they all made mistakes, Zcum will go to prison.

Edited by kaai - Jul 05 2013 at 3:08am
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 5:34am

I'm anxious to see how the judge rules on this (or has she already? Not sure when this all happened). This trial cannot come to an end over this bullshyt!!!
Anyways, I missed the ballistic expert's testimony, so let me catch up on that, as well as the opening statements.
WHOAH!
This happened prior to the case starting...I guess the IT guy felt some sort of way when he retreived the info from Trayvon's phone & gave the info to the prosecution. He was working for the state, but felt it was his duty to inform the defense team, and "report" what he found to the court...because he was in fear of "exposure"...imo he thought he found some dirty on Tray & it might be covered up...these white people are wanting to save Zim so bad, they'll fucck they're own money up to help this fool!
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 5:35am
But you notice how the prosecution had so much vigor & life when he was personally being accused of shady business...funny how he got all that energy when he's fighting for his reputation, but not when he's fighting for justice for Trayvon...
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 6:29am
Here's a recap of Wednesday: (excuse if the witness are out of order)

Prosecution is still presenting witnesses:

firearm expert: She basically explained the mechanics of the gun, that the gun was in working condition, and also explained how the gun was loaded. The way GZ loaded his gun was this: the clip can hold a total of 6 bullets, but if you put the clip in, pull the chamber back to load one buttle out of the clip, then take the clip out, and reload another bullet, the gun is ready to fire...you do not have to cock it back for the gun to discharge..

The defense presented a firearms expert from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Amy Siewert, who examined Zimmerman's gun. She showed jurors the trigger must be pulled to fire the gun, and wouldn't fire accidentally. Siewert also said the gun had a fully loaded magazine and one bullet in the chamber ready to fire the night of Martin's shooting.

They also showed the clothing Tray was wearing that evening. It was distrubing to watch...they propped the display cases right in front of Trayvons parents...Cry

Florida Department of Law Enforcement analyst Amy Siewert also testified that tearing and residue on Martin’s clothing showed the gun was directly against him when it fired.

Net up was Alexis Carter, the former teacher (Jagg attorney) who taught Zim in a criminal law class:

Responding to questions from prosecutors, U.S. Army Capt. Alexis Francisco Carter said that the class he taught at Seminole State College delved in detail into self-defense laws, including Florida's "Stand your Ground" statue.

"It's something I think the students really wanted to know about, it was so practical, so they were very much engaged in class discussions regarding the issue," Carter said. "I remember talking about this quite a few times, not just on one particular occasion."

Carter described Zimmerman as one of his better students, and said he gave him an "A." When asked if he knew the defendant, Carter raised his hand in greeting and said, "How you doing, George."

Defense attorney Don West asked Carter to detail the concepts in Florida's self-defense statue. Though his line of questioning was met with repeated objections from the prosecution, Circuit Judge Nelson allowed Carter to detail the concepts he discussed in class.

Carter also explained the concept of "imperfect self-defense," when a person is being threatened but then counters with a force disproportionately greater than the force used against them.

"They would have the right to defend themselves?," West asked.

"Right," Carter said.

Hot mess broke out when the prosecution attempted to connect an ex-professor via skype to testify:

the George Zimmerman murder trial was disrupted on Wednesday when several Internet pranksters tried to Skype call Rich Mantei, the prosecutor of the case. At the time, a former criminal justice professor that taught Zimmerman, Gordon Scott Pleasants, was giving video testimony over Skype. It was extremely easy to get both Skype usernames since national news networks were broadcasting live coverage of the trial and the attorneys left both Skype names visible on the television screen rather than using full screen video mode to hide all contact information. 

All the notifications on the courtroom’s end were popping up all over the television screen, thus hiding the face of Pleasants while he was attempting to provide testimony. The attorneys scrambled to close the Skype notifications while the exasperated judge requested another form of communication for the testimony.

If the attorneys had taken a couple minutes to familiarize themselves with the Skype settings prior to the start of the testimony, they would have found an option to limit calls from people in their Contact list only in addition to options for turning off all notifications as well as muting all sounds played by the notifications. In fact, they didn’t even need the audio on the computer turned on since Pleasants was communicating over a regular phone. 

Regarding alternatives to Skype, going with a Google+ hangout for the video feed could have avoided this issue. It’s definitely clear that the Zimmerman case will be used as an example of what not to do in the future when video chatting tools like Skype are combined with a national audience of television viewers.

this just goes to show just how unprepared the prosecution is...damn shame, first it was the unfamiliarity with twitter & now skype embarrassment.

Next was the DNA expert Anthony Gorgone:

DNA Expert Testifies None of Zimmermans DNA Under Martins Fingernails

DNA Expert Testifies None of Zimmermans DNA Under Martins Fingernails

Gorgone testified Wednesday that he found only Zimmerman's DNA on the gun he used to shoot Martin and did not find any of Martin's DNA on the gun. Zimmerman's holster tested positive for only Zimmerman's DNA as well. Zimmerman has said that Martin grabbed his gun during the altercation.

Gorgone testified that testing of Martin's hooded jacket that he was wearing as an outer layer the night of shooting did not yield much of Zimmerman's DNA. Only one stain on Martin's hooded jacket yielded a partial DNA profile that matched Zimmerman. Scrapings from under Martin's fingernails yielded none of Zimmerman's DNA.

Martin was also wearing a gray sweatshirt under his hooded jacket. Gorgone said two stains on that sweatshirt matched both Martin's and Zimmerman's DNA.

During cross examination, defense attorney Don West pointed out that Martin's sweatshirts were wet from rain the night of the shooting, and they were not allowed dry before they were stored in plastic bags. Gorgone said if wet evidence is not left to air dry before being stored in plastic, mildew can degrade DNA evidence.

West asked, "Frankly then you just didn't find much of anything on this gray hooded sweatshirt when it boils right down to it?"

"Just that partial profile on stain A" said Gorgone.

West asked, "That was the shirt that stunk to high heaven?"

"It didn't smell good," said Gorgone.

Then came Lt. Scott Kerns he testified that Zimmerman's request to become a police office was denied due to credit issues.

Lt. Scott Kearns of the Prince William County Police Department in Virginia testified that Zimmerman wasn’t initially hired because of a less-than-stellar credit history.

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Jul 05 2013 at 6:29am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 547548549550551 1115>
  Share Topic