Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 191192193194195 1115>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 26 Votes, Average 4.54  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 7:45pm

LANDO, Fla. — A security company claims in a lawsuit that George Zimmerman, his wife and attorney owe more than $27,000 for protection services.

The Orlando Sentinel reports that Associated Investigative Services filed the lawsuit Friday in Orange County Circuit Court. The company says it was hired in June to provide security for the Zimmerman family but promised payments stopped after an independent trustee took over Zimmerman’s defense fund.

Zimmerman attorney Mark O’Mara says the lawsuit was a surprise and that the company was paid some $40,000.

Zimmerman is awaiting trial on second-degree murder charges in the shooting of Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman contends the unarmed teenager attacked him and is claiming self-defense in the February killing. Zimmerman is free on $1 million bail and is in hiding.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-case-update-zimmerman-attorney-says-new-lawusit-a-surprise#ixzz2GsAuFjQn
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 7:46pm

sybrina-fulton-trayvon-martin_240x340_54*The New Year is here.

People are gathering up their goals and hopes for 2013.

Some have lost their loved ones naturally and others because of tragedy.

Sybrina Fulton, mother of slain teen Trayvon Martin, is among those mourning the premature loss of their loved ones.

Ten months after Trayvon was shot and killed by George Zimmerman, his mother shares her thoughts about gun violence and the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings.

Here is an excerpt from her interview with Essence.com.

“This year has been bittersweet. The bitter part is that I lost my baby boy. The sweet part has been the show of support that we have received from our community and from the world. We are thankful. This is our first holiday season without Trayvon, and I have to admit, I’m having a difficult time. I’m an emotional rollercoaster. Trayvon loved the holidays, especially Christmas and Thanksgiving. He always looked forward to those holidays. But while I am sad I’m reminded that I have another son that I’m trying to help get through not having his younger brother around.

Trayvon would have turned 18 this coming February and would have been graduating from high school. He had just turned 17 a few days before he was killed. I remember how much he was looking forward to senior picture day,” she continues. “ I won’t ever get a chance see those moments; to see his high school graduation picture, his prom pictures, his wedding pictures. I won’t get that experience. It’s still difficult to swallow because Trayvon had his whole life ahead of him. Seventeen years just seems so short to me, but I do thank God for the time that he did give me with him.

I want justice in 2013. The trial begins in June and we want Trayvon’s murderer held accountable for what he did. This was a murder. This was not a case of Stand Your Ground or self-defense. One of the things Tracy [Trayvon’s father] and I have done is take a negative and make it positive. We want to try and engage the political process with the Change for Trayvon campaign to encourage people around the country to get involved and vote to help revise these Stand Your Ground laws. I have always been a faithful person who firmly believed in God so I know that my strength in the past few months didn’t from me. It came from God. That’s why it’s important for me to give back to the community and other families

Read the rest of Sybrina Fulton’s thoughts at Essence.com.

Read more at http://www.eurweb.com/2013/01/trayvon-martins-mother-speaks-on-gun-control-and-justice/#cv0X7h14Z5qGtdDP.99 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 7:50pm
every time i hear his mother speak i get emotional 

this case weighs so heavy on my heart smh 
but i know that my pain cannot compare to what she is feeling
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 10:54am

Emmanuel Baptist Church, 1075 Shalimar Drive, will honor the memory of Trayvon Martin with a special “Hoodie” service on Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:45 a.m.

Martin was shot and killed on Feb. 26, 2012 in a gated community in Sanford, Fla. by George Zimmerman, the community’s neighborhood watch captain.

Zimmerman, who is currently out on bond while awaiting his June 10 trial on second degree murder charges, has claimed that he shot the 17-year-old after the teen attacked him.

Many others believe that Zimmerman became suspicious of Martin simply because he was a young black man wearing a hoodie (a sweat-shirt or jacket with a hood). Martin was not carrying a weapon, only a bag a of Skittles and an iced tea he’d purchased shortly before his death.

The service will highlight the continual struggle African American youth face to be judged for the content of their character, instead of the color of their skin and clothes they choose to wear.

The Church’s Youth Ministry will be in charge of this service.

Mendez

Mendez

Pastor John Mendez will deliver a special message. The En Motion Mime Ministry will perform, as will other special guests.  Everyone is welcome to attend. For more information, contact the church office at 336-788-7023.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 10:56am

Police repeatedly changed final Trayvon Martin shooting report, records show

Orlando Sentinel 
In Print: Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Facebook
< border="0" ="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" ="0" ="0" width="100%" id="I0_1358009742283" name="I0_1358009742283" ="https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fast?bsv&size=medium&annotation=&width=&hl=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tampabay.com&=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tampabay.com%2Fnews%2Fpolice-repeatedly-changed-final-trayvon-martin-shooting-re-records-show%2F1269628&ic=1&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en.5ipr2-_KWAg.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DiQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Frs%3DAItRSTP4I4W84aAuSxSLiAk1SM54NJi3vQ#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_%2C_%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2C&id=I0_1358009742283&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tampabay.com" allowtransparency="true" -gapiattached="true" style="border-style: none; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; width: 90px; : none; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; font-size: 10px; -: none; : ; top: -10000px; ">
Email
ADVERTISEMENT
< id=":D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="FLASH_AD" width="300" height="250">< ="http://s0.2mdn.net/2425080/seymour300x250.swf" flashvars="clickTag=http%3A%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclick%253Bh%253Dv8%2F3d68%2F3%2F0%2F%252a%2Fp%253B266362217%253B0-0%253B1%253B22881518%253B4307-300%2F250%253B52222582%2F52182220%2F1%253B%253B%257Esscs%253D%253fhttp%3A%2F%2Fclients.tampabay.com%2F2013%2Fsyd_entel%2Fseymour%2Flanding." quality="high" wmode="opaque" swliveconnect="TRUE" width="300" height="250" ="#" ="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowaccess="never">
ADVERTISEMENT
< ="http://wam-ads.sitescout.com/disp?pid=E5E117C&rw=1&rand=23939518" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" ="0" ="0" border="0" scrolling="no" bordercolor="#000000">
< id="ndn_" scrolling="no" border="0" marginwidth="0px" marginheight="0px" noresize="" ="" ="http://assets.newsinc.com/launchers/20121221/thumbnailLauncher5.?wid=10506&=js&freewheel=90964&sitesection=tbtimes_nws_non_sec&width=300&height=250&thumbid=slider&zoneid=109651&ga=false" height="250" width="300" style="margin: 0px; ">

On the day Sanford police turned over the Trayvon Martin shooting investigation to prosecutors, they changed their final report at least four times over five hours and downgraded the charge they recommended from second-degree murder to manslaughter, newly released records show.

In the first version on March 13, lead Investigator Chris Serino and his bosses recommended that George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who killed Trayvon, be charged with murder. But they changed that about four hours later, according to paperwork released Tuesday by Zimmerman defense attorney Mark O'Mara.

Records reveal that Serino and his supervisors made several changes but only two major ones.

The first was the change in the charges.

The second was a strongly worded paragraph condemning Zimmerman's actions, pointing out that there was no need for a confrontation with Trayvon.

"The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement or conversely if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialog (sic) in an effort to dispel each party's concern. There is no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter."

In that same new paragraph, Serino and his bosses faulted Zimmerman for assuming that Trayvon was about to break into a home.

"Zimmerman … made it clear that he had already reached a faulty conclusion as to Martin's purpose for being in the neighborhood," the revised report says.

Ultimately, the revisions made no difference. A special prosecutor took over the case and had 29-year-old Zimmerman arrested on a charge of second-degree murder.

Zimmerman shot the unarmed 17-year-old high school junior from Miami Gardens on Feb. 26 in Sanford after calling police and describing him as suspicious. Zimmerman says he acted in self-defense and fired one shot only after Trayvon knocked him to the ground, climbed on top of him and began banging his head on a sidewalk.

Zimmerman is free on $1 million bail, awaiting a trial that's scheduled for June 10.

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 7:13pm
Thanks IGS for all of the updates. Man, I thought his death occurred in March. :(
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

Emmanuel Baptist Church, 1075 Shalimar Drive, will honor the memory of Trayvon Martin with a special “Hoodie” service on Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:45 a.m.

Martin was shot and killed on Feb. 26, 2012 in a gated community in Sanford, Fla. by George Zimmerman, the community’s neighborhood watch captain.

Zimmerman, who is currently out on bond while awaiting his June 10 trial on second degree murder charges, has claimed that he shot the 17-year-old after the teen attacked him.

Many others believe that Zimmerman became suspicious of Martin simply because he was a young black man wearing a hoodie (a sweat-shirt or jacket with a hood). Martin was not carrying a weapon, only a bag a of Skittles and an iced tea he’d purchased shortly before his death.

The service will highlight the continual struggle African American youth face to be judged for the content of their character, instead of the color of their skin and clothes they choose to wear.

The Church’s Youth Ministry will be in charge of this service.

Mendez

Mendez

Pastor John Mendez will deliver a special message. The En Motion Mime Ministry will perform, as will other special guests.  Everyone is welcome to attend. For more information, contact the church office at 336-788-7023.

ClapHeart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 8:47am
NP guys!
Anywhoo his foundation has a job opening.

RT @UncleRUSH: JOB OPENING: Executive Director of The Trayvon Martin Foundation (Miami): http://t.co/MpF6XxgT
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 4:56pm
I will pass that job opening on to my peoples. I want to move back to Ft. Lauderdale so badly Cry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:35am
Hey ladies!
i KNOW we said we were going to do something for his family for the holidays as a group and that effort never came together. BUT Tray's bday is coming up and I really want to something special for them. Idk what to do but i want to do something.

Also i was thinking 6 weeks before the trial we can begin mailing empty skittles bags to the police department and the courthouse, just to let them know that we have not forgotten about this case and that we will continue to put pressure on them
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 191192193194195 1115>
  Share Topic