Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Updated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedUpdated OP: George Zimmerman Charge w/ Murder 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10951096109710981099 1114>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 26 Votes, Average 4.54  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Right?!

Ugh, it seems so damn obvious that he was seen as an extension to the pigs and got a pig pass for killing Trayvon.

Not to mention the previous favors with the DV charges and the reduced charge on the cop....Im sure pops had nothing to do with that
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Y'all might as well just get some tissue ready now.......

I cried today watching Trayon father speak before the BCC . I will check it out a little later . Thank you for the link . I hope more things come out to help the DOJ .
mocharoni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 8:05pm
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by mocharoni mocharoni wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/25/robin-roberts-george-zimmerman-juror-interview-abc-news_n_3652945.html
 I hope she never sleeps again in life . Coward heffa . Her face and address are out . I know some folk are going to boycott her home . I would. Ouch

Edited by india100 - Jul 25 2013 at 9:17pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 11:52pm
has anyone seen the media report on the GZ connection to the cop at the scene of the accident???  i swore off the news for like the past week and a half.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 7:41am
Trayvon Martin's mother is here in Philadelphia and will be speaking at 12pm.  Had I known earlier, I would have called out of work to go hear her speakCry
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 5:18pm
This mother is threatening and trying to intimidate the parents now Angry
See this is where skills like John Allen Muhammad's would have been needed. Instead he wasted it picking off strangers. I hate that family with every fiber of my being

George Zimmerman's Brother: Civil Lawsuit 'Might Not Be Very Flattering' To Trayvon Martin's Family

George Zimmerman after being found not guilty on the 25th day of his trial.             

If Trayvon Martin's family decides to file a wrongful-death suit against George Zimmerman, they could be opening a Pandora's box, according to Zimmerman's older brother.

"A myriad of things that were off-limits in a criminal trial would come into play in a civil case. Specifically, things that might not be very flattering to Trayvon or his family," Robert Zimmerman Jr. said in an email to The Huffington Post.

George Zimmerman, a 29-year-old former neighborhood watch volunteer, was acquitted earlier this month of all criminal charges in the 2012 shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Prior to the start of Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial, the judge overseeing the case ruled that lawyers for Zimmerman could not mention Martin's alleged history of fighting or pictures of drugs and guns found on his cell phone.

"Public opinion was swayed by a false presentation of this case from the beginning," Zimmerman's lawyer Mark O'Mara said at a press conference after the ruling. "The Martin family, through their handlers, presented a picture of who Trayvon was and who George was that is wholly inaccurate."

After the verdict, the Martin family's lawyer, Benjamin Crump, told ABC's "This Week" that his clients were considering a suit against Zimmerman.

"They are going to certainly look at [a lawsuit] as an option. They deeply want a sense of justice. They deeply don't want their son's death to be in vain," he told ABC.

To win in a criminal trial, prosecutors need to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. Plaintiffs in a civil case do not have that burden.

However, filing a case would be difficult because of Florida's stand your ground law. The statute provides criminal and civil immunity to anyone who uses deadly force in a situation in which one has a reasonable fear of imminent death or great bodily injury.

A judge would have to determine whether the law applies in this case. If it does, Zimmerman would be released from liability and would also be able to collect attorney fees, court costs and related expenses.

While Zimmerman has not commented on the outcome of the trial or the possibility of another, his brother said he does not expect the Martin family will actually file suit.

"I don't expect a wrongful death suit ... There is the potential assertion of civil immunity before the case would even start -- things that were off limits during the case might also come up then. Also, a criminal acquittal goes a long way to supporting a civil immunity claim," Robert Zimmerman Jr. told HuffPost.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jul 26 2013 at 5:19pm
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 5:26pm
I can't deal with these bastards anymore. I've completely changed my stance on ownership of firearms. Every black person needs to arm themselves.

George Zimmerman Gets $12,000 Towards Buying Gun From Ohio Firearms Group

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- An Ohio firearms group has raised more than $12,000 to be spent on guns or a security system for George Zimmerman, the former neighborhood watch volunteer who was acquitted in the fatal shooting of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin in Florida. But the money could end up being used to pay for Zimmerman's defense costs and fees.

The $12,150.37 check that the group wrote to Zimmerman is the result of a fundraising effort that was launched because the group believes Zimmerman's gun rights are being violated by the U.S. Department of Justice. The department has taken all the evidence from the trial, including the gun that killed Martin, as part of a civil rights investigation.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jul 26 2013 at 5:27pm
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 7:08pm
have you guys seen this? http://www.democracynow.org/the whole video is worth watching but fast forward to 47.20 for the really good stuff. i suspected all along that the prosecution threw this case on purpose but this lady dissected it from an attorney's pov that i never even considered. 

like i said halfway through the trial, i didn't trust any of those muthafukers. i don't trust the whole gotdamn system.

i'm just really annoyed and pissed in general. i probably should continue avoiding watching any of the coverage.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 8:10pm
JP, I think that cash is going straight to his defense team.

From left, members of Game Elite: John Carlos Reyes, Avery Patterson, Antonio Lang and Shawntrez Davis. (Matt Norlander)

Basketball team sports ‘I Am Trayvon’ shirts at Vegas tournament

An Atlanta-based AAU basketball team is making their feelings known on the death of Trayvon Martin. This week, at the adidas Super 64 tournament in Las Vegas, the team sported shirts dedicated to Martin.

All players of the Game Elite team walked onto the court and did their warm-ups  wearing T-shirts that read ‘I am Trayvon.’  The teammates first showed off their shirt at Wednesday night’s tournament game. AAU program co-director Ryan Falker said that the players will wear the shirts before and after every tournament game played in Las Vegas this week.

The team followed the trial and while playing at an AAU tournament in Georgia, the players watched the George Zimmerman verdict broadcast together from their hotel room.

“It really impressed me because I didn’t realize how connected the team was to the story, the social issue, they were all informed,” Falker said. He told CBS Sports that based on the reactions when they watched the verdict as a team, he knew that the issue was something that they could take a united stand on.

Many of the players expressed that they did not feel that Trayvon Martin and his family received justice throughout the George Zimmerman trial. Zimmerman was found not guilty of second-degree murder earlier this month.

TheGrio | Lebron James and The Heat wear hoods for Trayvon Martin

“This is out of respect purely for Trayvon and his family,” teammate Antonio Lang told CBS Sports. “Justice didn’t [come] in his trial, but it’s important for us as a group to show support for his family.”

Coach Falkner said that the 16 and 17-year-old boys relate to the Trayvon Martin story because they are all the same age. The team has eleven African-Americans players and one white player on their roster.

“The biggest point we were trying to make, and the kids understand this, is that could have easily been them,” Falker said to Yahoo! Sports’ Jeff Eisenberg.  Even the Caucasian player I have on my team, he wore it proudly. It could have easily been him. It could have been any child of any ethnicity,” said Falker.

CBS reports that Game Elite made their statement as a part of the tournament that featured over 1,000 competing teams.

Alex Bearup, the squad’s only white player, expressed his excitement on Twitter Wednesday night:

“If they want to support it, I support the cause with them,” Bearup told Matt Norlander. “We talked in the hotel room, we were shocked and discussed how we really felt about it. It could be anyone.”

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22891146/aau-team-dons-i-am-trayvon-shirts-at-tournament-in-las-vegas
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10951096109710981099 1114>
  Share Topic