Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[UPDATE] Fired Over Reply to Rude Hair Comment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:26pm
They put the story on CNN. Good. I'm glad they put that ass on blast.

Edited by BrownQtee - Dec 12 2012 at 2:27pm
Sponsored Links

Soratachi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Soratachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by teendiva teendiva wrote:

She shouldn't have replied and she shouldn't have been fired. It's the internet, expect assholery, especially toward black people and hair. Maybe she was shocked because she never gets comments like that offline...

I will never bend over and take it up the ass. Smile She did very well to reply this sh*t has to stop.
BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 5:37pm
How dare she talk back to a white person?Shocked
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

smh at all yall saying that she shouldn't have respondedConfused.... Michelle Bachman responded when the Root played "she's a Bi$&h" when she walked out on a talk show and never had any backlash from that.. shooee if black people never responded will would still be in silver shackles..

gone head beautiful woman I support u. and i hope u *win that caseClap

my bad about that I meant winEmbarrassed
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 7:57pm
She's on the Ed Show right now
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:01pm
Why did they have to fire her? Ridiculous! 
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:37pm
I agree that she shouldn't have responded, but I don't think her response should have ended in dismissal. 
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 11:30am
She shouldn 't have responded at all. That's why I don't use those Social Media sites. Ouch

It was probably only a handful of people saw the remark posted on facebook ... and the ones that did probably thought the poster was small and petty .. just moved on an forgot about it.

But when the reporter replied back with that long story - well she just gave it life and then it was able to be blown up to the point that everyone saw it and she ended up getting fired over it.Confused

The article I read said she had already been warned in the past NOT to give her opinions on these social media sites so it sounds like the reporter has an ax to grind if she keeps doing this - even if it's not formally documented. So maybe the TV station wanted her out anyway and has just used this incident as a way to get rid of her.

Ultimately, she needs to rise above nasty comments like this and move on. You have bite your tongue and move on because there are nasty people everywhere - ignore it. I can only imagine how Obama's election prospects would have turned out if he had REACTED to every insult thrown at him. Ouch And he had A LOT of insults.

Believe it or not .. you don't have to 'defend yourself' every time someone says something bad about you. Hee hee! People say bad things about me on BHM all the time and I have not once 'defended' myself. Never will. Duh

I am not some wild street hood female holding a knife in my mouth .. ready to CUT somebody everytime they say something bad about me. Geesh - I don't care.

The TV station is wrong .. but the reporter brought this on herself. She should have know better than to get into it on any level with that poster. Like that letter says .. refer such comments to the TV station's desk or whatever .. let them handle it .. but she sould not have EXPOSED herself in that manner.

Edited by Becky - Dec 14 2012 at 11:41am
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 11:49am
I'm glad she said something. If she didn't, the station would have kept going with their bullsh*t. They obviously wouldn't have dealt with it if she kept quiet. The offensive comments were STILL on their fb page after the incident.  We are all human, and " biting the bullet" only works for so long.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

She shouldn 't have responded at all. That's why I don't use those Social Media sites. Ouch

It was probably only a handful of people saw the remark posted on facebook ... and the ones that did probably thought the poster was small and petty .. just moved on an forgot about it.

But when the reporter replied back with that long story - well she just gave it life and then it was able to be blown up to the point that everyone saw it and she ended up getting fired over it.Confused

The article I read said she had already been warned in the past NOT to give her opinions on these social media sites so it sounds like the reporter has an ax to grind if she keeps doing this - even if it's not formally documented. So maybe the TV station wanted her out anyway and has just used this incident as a way to get rid of her.

Ultimately, she needs to rise above nasty comments like this and move on. You have bite your tongue and move on because there are nasty people everywhere - ignore it. I can only imagine how Obama's election prospects would have turned out if he had REACTED to every insult thrown at him. Ouch And he had A LOT of insults.

Believe it or not .. you don't have to 'defend yourself' every time someone says something bad about you. Hee hee! People say bad things about me on BHM all the time and I have not once 'defended' myself. Never will. Duh

I am not some wild street hood female holding a knife in my mouth .. ready to CUT somebody everytime they say something bad about me. Geesh - I don't care.

The TV station is wrong .. but the reporter brought this on herself. She should have know better than to get into it on any level with that poster. Like that letter says .. refer such comments to the TV station's desk or whatever .. let them handle it .. but she sould not have EXPOSED herself in that manner.

seems like you are doing a lot of victim blamingOuch.. where were you when that fat white lady, responded to those harsh comments made about her? Or when Michelle Bachman responded to the situation, that she felt uncomfortable in.. I never seen you say any thing about them hmm I wonder whyGeek?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>