Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[UPDATE] Fired Over Reply to Rude Hair Comment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
solena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote solena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 8:14am
I'm glad she responded, her complaint would've went straight to the recycle bin bcs they don't care about her being offended which is why even after firing her those comments were still up.
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 8:17am
fired is an extreme response
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 8:46am
Yeah reading her response she was real calm about it and respectful because I know I sure as hell would not have been able to write that reply.... at first. 

Edited by Prazol60 - Dec 12 2012 at 8:48am
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 10:26am
I'm glad she responded and she responded perfectly. And I'm glad she's putting this out there in the media.

Normally I'm not a sue happy person...but being fired over a nonexistent policy means she was fired improperly and therefore she needs to get what she is owed.
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by juniordetective juniordetective wrote:

Originally posted by teendiva teendiva wrote:

That's still reaching though. I don't think any black woman supports her being fired just because they feel she shouldn't have responded. I don't give didactic responses to racist trolls, I'll report at most. That's just me.

I don't think that's what the person meant when they said that black women shouldn't express the "bend over and take it" mentality.

But then again...I agree she's allowed to say whatever she wants and shouldn't have to shut up just because it's the internet and "we know how the internet goes". She felt like she needed to educate whoever was making that comment, but obviously it just back fired on her. Somebody needs to tell these people off and let them know that it's not okay to say certain things to people...on the internet and in real life. She wasn't rude, disrespectful or using vulgar language. The only things I see wrong with this situation is the comment made towards her and the fact that she was fired.

We shouldn't have to be afraid to say what we feel is right because we're afraid to be fired from our jobs or something.

Ok, I wouldn't have responded, not because of fear of getting fired, but that's just me. Y'all can respond to your hearts' content lol. Like someone else said, her job showed their true selves by firing her.
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

I have mixed feelings about this. People think it is ok to say whatever they want because they are online. And I totally get her wanting to reply back. I think the station could have had an intern to filter post on their site and FB page. But I think she personally should not have replied but had somebody else make a statement if she really wanted to say something.

That being said, I hope she gets her job back and I hope my little letter helps but as a non-viewer they might ignore me.

At first I thought she was a page admin and that's why she was reading all the comments...but then she could've removed them instead of typing up a response.
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:58pm
I would not be losing my livelihood over some dumb arse troll. His profile picture should have told her all she needed to know. You lay down with dogs you get fleas. 

He/she is probably somewhere now w**king off on this news. Sometimes silence is the best defense. It is not turning the other cheek but it is not placing importance to someone who clearly is irrelevant. Heck if I were her, I would have got a friend/ another account and torn him/her a new one. 

I will sign the petition cos I am so angry for her. She got got.    
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

I would not be losing my livelihood over some dumb arse troll. His profile picture should have told her all she needed to know. You lay down with dogs you get fleas. 

He/she is probably somewhere now w**king off on this news. Sometimes silence is the best defense. It is not turning the other cheek but it is not placing importance to someone who clearly is irrelevant. Heck if I were her, I would have got a friend/ another account and torn him/her a new one. 

I will sign the petition cos I am so angry for her. She got got.    

I am more selective of the battles I choose to fight. The FB natural hair page infiltrated with KKK images would have pushed me to take action. But some douche saying I should wear a wig? Pfft.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:09pm
She should have followed the so called handbook.

Unemployment like the bus driver I guess until she finds something else.

This makes her look bad though.
She needs to be able to handle these situations better.
And sometimes that means grinning and bearing
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:10pm
I said she should not have responded because there are many ways to skin a cat. 
Lots of people don't like that Obama is president just because he is half black, but does that make him any less of the president right now?
That person didn't like that she was on TV....meanwhile...she was on TV.
White people hate black people because of who we [truly] are. The sooner we understand that, the sooner we will stop trying to be successful for their satisfaction, to their liking by their definition of what successful is. 
We are living in our enemy's world and playing by our enemy's rules and we will always be at a disadvantage if we don't realize that. There will never be equality because they are not equal to us. They know that, but have managed to make us believe that we are the ones who don't measure up. <<<has nothing now to do with the OP directly, but indirectly it does. 

Can't change the fruit that bears once the seed has been planted. Got to rip out the tree now. 

Edited by Derri - Dec 12 2012 at 2:13pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System