Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

[UPDATE] Fired Over Reply to Rude Hair Comment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 7:41pm
this is a petition I would sign
Sponsored Links

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 7:45pm
I don't think she should have responded. Neither do I think she should have gotten so deep with her response. She doesn't owe anyone a reason as to why she wears her hair that way, unless asked by her managers. 

It is my opinion that they fired her because she talked about God and her God given natural beauty in the same light. They saw strength and a personal mission from her and they felt threatened by it, in true whiteman fashion. 
Ain't surprised one bit. 
If we'd build ourselves instead of others, we wouldn't have half of these issues. 

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Midna I love you & everything, but I don't appreciate u stealing maysays topic.  I was working with her...

SHE WAS TAKING BABY STEPS!!!Cry

Moo? o.o

LOL
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

So weird...there are two threads I wanted to make today. One about choosing alternative lifestyles/philosophies (veganism, childfree, frugality, minimalism, not believing in marriage, etc.) in the black community...... and one about the newscaster with natural hair who responded to a racist comment about her hair on the company facebook page and then was fired even though there was no actual social media policy that she violated.

I just don't like making threads I guess...or I figure other people will.
CryCry My dearest Maysay, one day ur time will come, OUR time will comeCry
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

I don't think she should have responded. Neither do I think she should have gotten so deep with her response. She doesn't owe anyone a reason as to why she wears her hair that way, unless asked by her managers. 

It is my opinion that they fired her because she talked about God and her God given natural beauty in the same light. They saw strength and a personal mission from her and they felt threatened by it, in true whiteman fashion. 
Ain't surprised one bit. 
If we'd build ourselves instead of others, we wouldn't have half of these issues. 

I think that is information she has the right to know, however. She asked why and these people basically acted coy! There is no denying race played a role in this when it comes to the multiple race-based incidents surrounding her due to viewer ignorance.

It's sad that these viewers felt threatened enough by her presence that they needed to question her on the fan page and her merely replying got her terminated. Truly a shame.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 7:51pm
Bunny and Maysay.. oops.. ^^;
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 8:01pm

Midna I love you & everything, but I don't appreciate u stealing maysays topic.  I was working with her...

Hahaha no I'm glad she started it because I am far too lazy to go copy and paste ish.

I'm gonna start the other topic tonight though...since I just got my dinner and am settled in now.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Hahaha no I'm glad she started it because I am far too lazy to go copy and paste ish.

I'm gonna start the other topic tonight though...since I just got my dinner and am settled in now.
EmbarrassedI love you bothHeart

LOL
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 8:21pm
I was expecting a twa or something, that shyt look extra manly. However Im glad she stood up for herself, it's a shame she was fired for it. Guess the YT man didn't want her rocking the boat like that.
bubblyboo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote bubblyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 8:31pm
This is disgusting and even more disgusting that instead of rallying behind her, they terminated her. I know she hates she lost her job but damn, I wouldn't want to be affiliated with any organization that would support racism by firing someone over something like this ... thats exactly what they did. 
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (28) Thanks(28)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 8:32pm
So the fat white lady gets to respond to critics but the Sista gets fired.

Hi America, You Suck SickMonkey Testicles...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic