Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Upcoming Black Movies Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 4.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:39am
I started watching that JaRule joint and cut it off 15 min into it. I knew as soon as I seen alan Baldwin it was downhill from there. Confused
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 1:13am

"Know How" - Official Trailer

"Know How," the first-ever, feature film written and acted by youth in foster care. Their lives. Their stories. Their voices. Directed by Juan Carlos Piñeiro Escoriaza. It stars Joshua Elijah Adams, Deshawn Brown, Niquana Clark, Michael Kareem Dew, Gabrielle Garcia, Ainsley Henry, Gilbert Howard, Lee Jimenez, Claribelle Pagan, and Ebonee Simpson.

A film written and acted by foster care youth ripped from the stories of their lives. Five youth’s worlds interweave as they confront loss, heartbreak, and come of age in this tale about transience and perseverance. Addie struggles to graduate from high school while her best friend Marie loses her grandmother. Megan copes with being taken from her abusive family and faces the harsh reality of living in a residential treatment center. All the while Eva works to be mother to her sister while their father falls deeper into a crack addiction. Finally, there’s Austin who’s living on the street with his brother; barely able to feed himself. All of them must decide to survive or else fall victim to a broken system.

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 6:02pm

Lupita Nyong'o Meets With J.J. Abrams for 'Star Wars: Episode VII'

3:26 PM PDT 3/14/2014 by Borys Kit

The "12 Years a Slave" breakout star won the best supporting actress Oscar earlier in March.

Lupita Nyongo Oscars Arrivals - H 2014
AP Images

Add Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o to those meeting for the  part of the female lead in Star Wars: Episode VII.

Sources say that Nyong-o met with J.J. Abrams only a few weeks ago, just before the Academy Awards where she took home the statuette for best supporting actress for her work in 12 Years a Slave.

Nyong’o’s next moves post-12 Years are generating much tongue-wagging as she takes the steps to firm up a film career that has basically started off with a bang.

Nyong’o was born in Mexico, raised in Kenya, and graduated from Yale University School of Drama. She had a role in the MTV series Shuga but her feature debut was in 12 Years.

Her stardom has closely been building throughout the awards season and in the last few weeks she found herself in the mix for the high-profile role of Tiger Lily in Warner Bros.’s Pan. She is also in the running for a role in  The Whole Truth, a courtroom drama starring Daniel Craig.

Now Nyong'o’s name has surfaced in connection to Star Wars. Because of the secrecy, it is unclear which role it could be. One possibility is that of a descendent of Obi-Wan Kenobi, which has been described as a non-Caucasian role. That is separate from the search for two roles, female and male, for characters in their twenties.

It is known that Abrams is still meeting with actors with several for his leads, which remain uncast. Several sources say that Jesse Plemons is one of the actors to beat for one of the roles and that British actors Ed Speleers and John Boyega are also in the mix.

Adam Driver is in final negotiations to play a undisclosed villain character in the movie.

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 6:03pm
Would be really cool if she got cast in Star Wars. Think I'd actually prefer her to be a Sith but prolly in the minority there.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 8:47pm

I know this isn't technically a Black movie but i'll post it anyways

Looks like it's going to be good

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 7:34pm
Not a fan of the storyline
but both the writer and director are Black women so yay for that

BELLE Featurette: The Cast

Go behind the scenes of BELLE with Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Sam Reid, Matthew Goode, Tom Wilkinson and the rest of the cast in our brand new featurette!

BELLE will be released in select theaters on May 2, 2014. In the meantime, visit http://foxsearchlight.com/belle for more information!

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 1:11am
Anybody going to go see Belle?

I'm wavering...
K_Camille View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 9:34am
It looks good (Belle).
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 9:22pm
I just saw Belle

It was excellent, I'm very impressed
I think everyone (especially Black women) should see it
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 8:58pm
James brown movie

Get on up

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair