Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UPart Wig questions

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
LaurenNicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurenNicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UPart Wig questions
    Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 12:05am
Hello :D I don't ever post here in the wig section but I have a few questions about wigs I just can't seem to wrap my head around. Maybe I'm just dumb.

I've been getting sew ins but I am interested in trying a upart wig to see what that is like. I wouldn't make it myself but have someone make the wig for me.

Anyway, what I most want to know is, how do you know where to braid your hair so it fits the wig? (if you know what I mean)

I usually get a versatile sew in with hair left out around so I can pull my hair in a high ponytail. What's the wig term for something like that? A 3/4 wig?

If that's possible then how would I know how much hair to leave out and where to start braiding so I could sew it down? I wouldn't want to braid too high up and there's nothing to sew the wig down to.

Sorry for so many questions I'm just trying to understand this.
Sponsored Links

nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 8:15am
There is a chick on youtube who has a video where she makes a u part wig, sews it down and pulls it into a high bun. Her name is GlamsCorner. The video is called Installing my Versatile U Part Wig. Peakmill also has a similar video.....but she uses a 3/4 aka half wig to make her high/bun. It also has hair left out around but no horse shoe. HTH
glammedup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glammedup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 12:05pm
Hey there. Upart wigs is something that looks like a sewin. It is more flexible to have because you can have your weave in this week and have it out next week. But making or installing one is all in how you measure for it. It does take practice but its best to measure your head from around the perimeter, front to nape, and ear to ear. Put the cap on your head and mark where your braid will be that you will sew the cap on. I have a vid on my uparts and how to measure for a upart. Check out my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBLOSnG05bs
https://www.youtube.com/user/GlamorusJewels
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures