Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedu-part wig question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Hair ViVi

Author
coco89 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: u-part wig question
    Posted: Feb 18 2012 at 7:40pm
my Brazilian deep wave hair from aliexpress is almost here and I want to do a u-part with a middle part but i have a couple of questions:

1) i know most people glue a track right around their leave out but I'm not to good with glue or leave-outs. Is there any way i can do a u-part with about 1.5 inch wide leave out and maybe use clip ins to help blend it better? is that not enough hair to leave out? i want to leave out as little as i possibly can.

2) i was looking at MissBossy video and she does a reverse track at the top of the leave out can anyone explain how to do that?

TIA!!! 
Sponsored Links

Avoniee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2012 at 9:47pm
reverse basically you sew a track under the U and you can leave out as much or al lil hair as you want 
razzledazzle314 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2012 at 10:36pm
I MADE CLIP INS TO USE INSTEAD OF GLUE
LAWYERNHAIRNISTA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2012 at 11:01pm
Hi All,
I am new to the board, and would just like to take an opportunity to introduce myself.I have been a lurker for a while but have never posted.
Have an awesome weekend!
C.B
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2012 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by LAWYERNHAIRNISTA LAWYERNHAIRNISTA wrote:

Hi All,
I am new to the board, and would just like to take an opportunity to introduce myself.I have been a lurker for a while but have never posted.
Have an awesome weekend!
C.B

Hello, welcome! Are you the one with the white husband who knew all about hair?

And to the OP.. I use a clip-in instead of glue sometimes and it works fine for me..but I also have a bit more leave out than others. I do a "make-shift seamless weft" that I found a tutorial for on hairextensions101.com . It works good because you end up cutting off the actual track and using supertape to hold it together.  Then I get rid of the stickiness of it, and glue some clips on it.

With the reverse track on the top, how do you keep it from being big? If I'm understanding correctly and you're sewing it to the underside of the U.. do you just flat iron it until it stays down?
coco89 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2012 at 11:43am
I wonder if the reverse track would only work well for big poofy hair? I'm just trying to leave the smallest amount of leave-out out that i can.
LAWYERNHAIRNISTA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2012 at 1:40pm
Thank you so very much for the warm welcome.I do have a white significant other ,but I don't think I am the person to whom you were referring.My spouse wouldn't know hair extension from cat hair...All he knows is not to touch it!
C.B
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2012 at 12:13am

Thank you so very much for the warm welcome.I do have a white significant other ,but I don't think I am the person to whom you were referring.My spouse wouldn't know hair extension from cat hair...All he knows is not to touch it!
C.B

LOL oh ok, there was a video of a white man on youtube called "the lawyers husband" or something. And his wife clearly frequents BHM. He knew more about weave than all my friends... and since you have lawyer in your name....
mizthang510 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2012 at 4:05am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Hi All,
Have an awesome weekend!
C.B

Hello, welcome! Are you the one with the white husband who knew all about hair?

And to the OP.. I use a clip-in instead of glue sometimes and it works fine for me..but I also have a bit more leave out than others. I do a "make-shift seamless weft" that I found a tutorial for on hairextensions101.com . It works good because you end up cutting off the actual track and using supertape to hold it together.  Then I get rid of the stickiness of it, and glue some clips on it.

With the reverse track on the top, how do you keep it from being big? If I'm understanding correctly and you're sewing it to the underside of the U.. do you just flat iron it until it stays down?

I looked all over the site and could not find the tutorial. Could you provide the link please?

I have thin hair and although I have the least amount of leave out on my u-part I could still use a seamless clip on to make it look fuller at the top.

OP I keep sewing the u-part unitl the two ends of the tracks meet. Kind of like this video, but i dont go so far back. Skip to 7:30 if you already know how to do a u-part.

coco89 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2012 at 6:59pm
thanks for the video. i dont understand what you mean about not going so far back
Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic