UPART Wig Help

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UPART Wig Help
    Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 10:47am
I've been meaning to post this but BHM kept eating my posts.
Anyway, I bought a custom Upart wig back in February. It was perfect, and the texture matched to the T. Problem is the wig is WAY too big, from every angle. And it's the same measurements the vendor instructed to use (which is basically like a full wig). But I thought they would modify it for a upart (like apply the #s to a full cap, then cut out the upart, etc.) Language barriers with the CV aint helping either. 

How can I resize the wig? I did a quick fix by putting temporary stitches but it has noticeable folds if you were to touch it. The only other permanent solution I can think of is to remove the hair from the tracks, trim the cap, and reattach the hair, but I'm afraid of doing the latter (I guess technically it wouldn't require a lot of skills).
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 10:59am
pinch the cap between each track and sew from the inside of the cap. pinch it as much as you can. Like pull it but not to the point where the tracks will bulk up. Not sure if you get it or not. You can also take the last track out cut the bottom of the cap and resew the track on the inside of the cap. For the temples and side burn area cut the cap and tracks and secure the ends of the track and cap edge with both weft sealant and thread. HTH's. This is the only way to save from resewing the whole thing.

Post pics and I will draw diagrams from your pic.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 11:02am
Ok, thanks, I'm gonna take a pic and upload it now.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 11:22am

This is a pic of the wig from the back. You might be able to tell where  I pinched together on both sides for the stitches. I removed one of the combs to do this.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 12:11pm
you can't pinch there it will be bulky. You will have to pinch behind your ear area. When you pinch make sure the fold is going towards the back. Those 2 pinches you have will make the back way too bulky.

You have a stretch cap so you can't cut this one. you'll just have to pinch and sew.

Edited by sugabanana - Oct 08 2013 at 12:15pm
Teesweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 1:32pm
Maybe it will work also if you completely remove the 3rd and 6th row of the cap then pinch & sew straight across from ear to ear and tack down the extra material...the only problem is that now your wefts are cut an they may shed!   
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 4:27pm
Thanks y'all. They both sound like good ideas. Off to look up what a weft sealant is. I think I'll practice technique on my old BSS wigs and see how it goes. 
Thanks 'all!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 10:14am
Actually, I just pinned the inside of the cap like the first response says. I looked at the tracks and realized how close the tracks are together. It's like the glued down micro-thin bundles to the cap, so even removing tracks would be risky to damaging the cap or wefts. This wig is really well made. Pinching b/w individual tracks might not work for this wig since there's barely any space b/w tracks. I have folded about an in thin an pinned it. It's not too bulky so far. I'll update later. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic