Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

U-part wig cap for the warm blooded?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
xtinedelay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtinedelay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U-part wig cap for the warm blooded?
    Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 1:20pm
I'm loving my current install but I'm not able to take care of my own hair as good.

This hair gets greasy so fast so I have to be super careful with moisture and every head is different but my head really does benefit from oils but washing and drying (which for me is at least a 8-9 hour process) takes too long. The weave dries but I can sit under the dryer with it pinned up and braids exposed as much as possible for 3 hours and it's STILL damp as hell.

I'm really wanting to try a upart wig with a closure. But I run VERY hot. I'd rather be freezing than hot and I've been lucky with sew ins because my head can breath (I don't do a net).

But these dome caps are a no go. Just looking at them I'm ready to jump in a pool. I also get headaches really easily so I want a tight fit but not a painful one. I've yet to get a headache from braids but with a tight cap and no breathing room for the scalp I can feel a headache just thinking about it.

So:

Japanese swim caps? - These look like dome light and still not breathable.

Weaving caps - these look ideal but the negative cries about them being too loose is making me pause.

I find very little on specifics on this is the best if you live in ultimate heat. Any island people? I KNOW y'all aren't walking around with dome cap wigs.
Sponsored Links

Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 3:46pm
well since you are making a wig you can make it removable and not wear it at night to bed. just when needed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtinedelay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 5:03pm
This is true but during the day I don't want to be burning up
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 5:54pm
Get a cheap synthetic wig from the BSS store and cut the wefts off then sew your wefts to the cap. Those caps are usually with ones with like 8 lines going vertical, then you can sew your wefts across. More than enough room for your whole hand to get to your scalp. HTHś
char2unique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote char2unique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 8:51am
U can purchase a mesh weaving cap to sew the hair on(allows scalp to breathe) . It has straps in the back HTHs
SampleSized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SampleSized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 2:12pm
I live in AZ , valley of the sun. No stranger to heat , wigs ,weaves and the mini-summers that happen atop my head. I must say I havent tried the Japanese mesh cap yet but I have tried  caps from ehla, northstarbeauty , and the deluxe waving cap from the bss. Here are my findings:

northstarbeauty- Not the most comfortable because of the combs(which are probably removable) and no scalp access.

Both Lightweight

ehla- same cap as northstarbeauty but have the clips with the long teeth(doesn't snap into thicker cornrows well).

The mesh cap with the straps in the back, with/out the ear tabs is the most breathable with ease of access to the scalp area.  I took mine in while on a similar to my head sized wig block,  taking it off and putting it on to ensure its fit. I  didn't do this for my aamh wig so it fits looser but I did cut off some of the back straps and sew while it was sized for my head.

Ultimately, I would suggest giving a deluxe mesh cap a try then taking it in for fitting and cutting the "u", or  like its been stated cutting the hair off an old wig for its base. They also sell those "stringed" caps premade on ebay.

Edited by SampleSized - Sep 23 2013 at 2:13pm
KurlieBeautie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KurlieBeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Get a cheap synthetic wig from the BSS store and cut the wefts off then sew your wefts to the cap.

I just took about 10 of my mom's old ratty synthies for this purpose. Gotta go to the fabric store for a seam ripper to get the wefts off, but I'm looking forward to making wigs from these!

Edited by KurlieBeautie - Sep 23 2013 at 3:19pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtinedelay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by SampleSized SampleSized wrote:

I live in AZ , valley of the sun. No stranger to heat , wigs ,weaves and the mini-summers that happen atop my head. I must say I havent tried the Japanese mesh cap yet but I have tried  caps from ehla, northstarbeauty , and the deluxe waving cap from the bss. Here are my findings:

northstarbeauty- Not the most comfortable because of the combs(which are probably removable) and no scalp access.

Both Lightweight

ehla- same cap as northstarbeauty but have the clips with the long teeth(doesn't snap into thicker cornrows well).

The mesh cap with the straps in the back, with/out the ear tabs is the most breathable with ease of access to the scalp area.  I took mine in while on a similar to my head sized wig block,  taking it off and putting it on to ensure its fit. I  didn't do this for my aamh wig so it fits looser but I did cut off some of the back straps and sew while it was sized for my head.

Ultimately, I would suggest giving a deluxe mesh cap a try then taking it in for fitting and cutting the "u", or  like its been stated cutting the hair off an old wig for its base. They also sell those "stringed" caps premade on ebay.

Thanks!

I never thought about trying the cheap wigs but in the past when I've tried on wigs either they're for extremely small headed women or I'm walking around with a literal dome head. I've never tried on a wig from the BSS that felt right on my head.

I've adjusted and whatnot but they feel weird. I've always said I don't have a "hat head" and part of that is hats just don't feel right on my head. It looks normal to me and no stylist has ever said OMG your head is huge or even a little bit.

I'm going to try a mesh cap.

Would it be accurate enough to try it with my current install? It's pretty light and I want to go ahead and shop around for caps and test it out now. I really don't want to wait until this install because I plan on having the upart right away.
Jada Kaye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jada Kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 8:48pm
I too "run very hot" lol so thats why i starte making my own wig caps. I went through a lot of hair loss post having a beautiful baby boy. Wigs helped my hair grow because it allowed me to give styling a rest. I Big smile custom make my wig cap for my full/ "u" Part wigs that allow my hair to breath. Check it out if you have the time..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQHVb0s_qrs&list=UUWatGJzwR0HvQJPh-DOpDPQ
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 10:41pm
Smile

Edited by NJHairLuv - Jun 12 2014 at 10:42pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair