Bootiful Cream

Author
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unwholesome Talk
    Posted: Dec 02 2008 at 11:30am
Today's Prayer
This is the day that you have made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. May I see all the good around me today. I do not want to focus on anything negative, but on what is good and pure. Please help me focus on all your blessings today, Lord. I pray that all I think, and do, and say will be positive, will encourage others, will glorify you, and will be in your will. Thank you for the power you give through your Holy Spirit, so that I might live as you want. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Unwholesome Talk
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 2, by Os Hillman
11-27-2008

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen" (Eph 4:29-30).

The way you interact with fellow employees at work can often determine whether you will be the leaven for Christ in your workplace or be viewed as one of the multitudes. Two defining situations in the workplace involve joke-telling and discussions about employees and bosses.

If we laugh at off-color jokes we give permission to the person telling the joke that it is OK to continue this activity in your presence. If we fail to laugh, we discourage this behavior. When someone is about to tell a joke in my presence, I stop them and ask, "Is this a clean joke? If not, I don't want to hear it." This will define future situations with that person and it will get communicated to others in the office because of your response. You might become known as the religious person in your office, but that is OK.

The other situation that can define you is how your talk about management is in front of other employees. In a workplace it can easily become a "we" versus "them" culture. If this happens you violate Paul's command to honor those who employ you. "Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive" (Titus 2:9-10).

"LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman" (Ps 15:1-3).

Remember, you are always a witness at work, whether you use words or not.

Sponsored Links

Gezelle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2008 at 10:54pm

SmileSmileSmile
ifeyini View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2008 at 11:02pm
Amen!
Zuriel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2008 at 4:17am
Thumbs%20Up