Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

'Unprocessed' Really?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
koffeebeans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koffeebeans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Unprocessed' Really?
    Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 10:49am
Ok, so I've been thinking about this for a while and was wondering if anyone else had noticed.

A lot of sellers are carrying hair and advertising that it's virgin Brazilian hair, virgin Malaysian hair, virgin Peruvian, etc. etc. and now I'm even seeing virgin Argentinian hair? Where's the guarantee and who's to prove it? I started to get a feeling that virgin hair vendors and suppliers are just coming up with names now for the sake of this virgin hair craze thinking it'll sell in the market regardless, since so many people are demanding unprocessed, virgin hair.

If the hair is truly unprocessed, there should be a difference in pattern between different hair bundles, no? I know for a fact that not every person has the same hair pattern, even within the same race. But miraculously, every bundle somehow manages to get classified as either curly virgin, straight virgin, or wavy virgin hair and the pattern for each bundle in that category is identical. Is this not weird to anyone?
Sponsored Links

ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 11:03am
Not weird because some know it's processed.   You could generally telll who is selling real virgin when their pics show varying degrees of a pattern from a specific category coupled with the stipulation that each bundle will have different patterns that may or may not mesh well. There is no such thing as virgin malibu wave, raw tsunami twist or organic ocean breeze wavy so when I see all those cute names, I instantly know the hair processed before seeing the pics. I will say that processed hair is nice (I like processed hair when done correctly) but it is deceptive to say the hair is virgin when clearly, its not .
dani88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dani88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

Not weird because some know it's processed.   You could generally telll who is selling real virgin when their pics show varying degrees of a pattern from a specific category coupled with the stipulation that each bundle will have different patterns that may or may not mesh well. There is no such thing as virgin malibu wave, raw tsunami twist or organic ocean breeze wavy so when I see all those cute names, I instantly know the hair processed before seeing the pics. I will say that processed hair is nice (I like processed hair when done correctly) but it is deceptive to say the hair is virgin when clearly, its not .
LOL!!

I diedDead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote koffeebeans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

There is no such thing as virgin malibu wave, raw tsunami twist or organic ocean breeze wavy  so when I see all those cute names, I instantly know the hair processed before seeing the pics. I will say that processed hair is nice (I like processed hair when done correctly) but it is deceptive to say the hair is virgin when clearly, its not .

Definitely those cute names would not be it Big smile It just wasn't convincing when I saw sites that sold virgin hair well over $100 had pics of bundled hair next to each other that all had the same pattern within their designated categories, like wavy or curly. It wasn't even only one site. There were many online virgin hair stores like that.

Then after I saw nits coming out of it (saw the post about cleaning unprocessed hair), I was like, nuh uh, I'll just stick with Remi hair. Besides, the good part to processed hair is that it doesn't get affected by humidity and takes minimal maintenance.

Ain't nobody got time for those nits!Angry
missladybee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missladybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2013 at 9:09am
This is good information, good to know what to look out for and be careful of.  Hope we can get companies to realize that we're not gonna stand for false advertising!
iyawo814 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iyawo814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2013 at 10:46am
LMAO @ raw tsunami twist or organic ocean breeze wavy
winnipegextensions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winnipegextensions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2013 at 3:03pm
Exactly -  I am so tired of being taken by purchasing "remy european hair", then i find out it was really chinese with the silicone over top.

All hair feels silky smooth, etc, so stop advertising it as that...how about, will get more than 5 washes before tangling, matting, etc.   Or people leave reviews of hair at that point.  Wait....wait until you wash a couple of times, then leave honest review of how it is.

Ebony online hair has been the worst so far for customer service, sending wrong hair, wrong colors, etc, and no body, ever ever getting back to you for anything.  Even when i asked for Mgmt...and called, had some bi((( say there is nothing they can do, and too bad, then hung up.

The point of this message was that i was ordering from Nice Remy hair for a bit....quality was pretty good, then all of a sudden their tags, packaging, elastics, etc, were changing....and the quality was never same...then i find out that it wasn't always made there.  I thought i was paying for Indian or Euro hair, meanwhile getting Chinese.....There should be some way for them to track....like put it on the tags...?  Would that not make sense?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koffeebeans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2013 at 11:01am
Originally posted by winnipegextensions winnipegextensions wrote:

Exactly -  I am so tired of being taken by purchasing "remy european hair", then i find out it was really chinese with the silicone over top.

All hair feels silky smooth, etc, so stop advertising it as that...how about, will get more than 5 washes before tangling, matting, etc.   Or people leave reviews of hair at that point.  Wait....wait until you wash a couple of times, then leave honest review of how it is.

Ebony online hair has been the worst so far for customer service, sending wrong hair, wrong colors, etc, and no body, ever ever getting back to you for anything.  Even when i asked for Mgmt...and called, had some bi((( say there is nothing they can do, and too bad, then hung up.

The point of this message was that i was ordering from Nice Remy hair for a bit....quality was pretty good, then all of a sudden their tags, packaging, elastics, etc, were changing....and the quality was never same...then i find out that it wasn't always made there.  I thought i was paying for Indian or Euro hair, meanwhile getting Chinese.....There should be some way for them to track....like put it on the tags...?  Would that not make sense?

That's ridiculous. I'm sorry you had to go through all that hun Unhappy
Even if they put it on tags, I don't think that would mean anything b/c people believe what they see (unless it's something obviously false). Who knows what'll be printed on there. They could very well put Brazilian when it is Chinese for all I know. Not trying to discriminate anyone's hair here now. I have Asian friends and they have beautiful hair. Just saying only God knows if the truth is printed.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2013 at 11:52am

Not only when it comes to extensions or weaves, but wigs as well.  I keep seeing this advertisement banner they have on the site stating, great hair, 12+ years experience, etc., but absolutely no comment on their customer service.

They are a subsidiary of WowWigs.com, Wigs.com, Voguewigs.com which sells predominantly european wigs and extensions. (Raquel Welch, ZaZa Gabore, etc.).. if you order a european wig? i guess they automatically assume you're white - you'll receive fast,  excellent customer service.

I had ordered a  wig from their Ebonyline in November of 2012.  Whelp i received it sometime in January 2013.  They can't even guarantee same YEAR shipping, let alone, same DAY service.Confused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koffeebeans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2013 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

Not only when it comes to extensions or weaves, but wigs as well.  I keep seeing this advertisement banner they have on the site stating, great hair, 12+ years experience, etc., but absolutely no comment on their customer service.

They are a subsidiary of WowWigs.com, Wigs.com, Voguewigs.com which sells predominantly european wigs and extensions. (Raquel Welch, ZaZa Gabore, etc.).. if you order a european wig? i guess they automatically assume you're white - you'll receive fast,  excellent customer service.

I had ordered a  wig from their Ebonyline in November of 2012.  Whelp i received it sometime in January 2013.  They can't even guarantee same YEAR shipping, let alone, same DAY service.Confused

Now I know what to stay away from.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style