Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Unpopular opinions 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 297>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 2.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

it is selfish when you have a wife/husband and children.  these people who commit suicide b/c they don't want to face the pressures of life after they've been laid off or are in financial ruin are extremely selfish.  why would you leave your wife/husband and children to pick up the pieces?  families stick together.

they're mentally ill.  a mentally healthy person does not commit those actions and have copping mechanism.

that's true.  but i think it can be kind of a cop out depending on your mental health.  if depression is the reason, there are treatments available if you reach out.  when people who attempt suicide survive, a lot of them end up happy that they survived b/c they realize that it was a mistake.
Sponsored Links

niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

lately it seems people have taken to killing their families and themselves - probably thinking they don't want their families to cope with the aftermath

if they are compelled by whatever reason to kill themselves, they should stop at themselves

This remind me. I was watching a show on ID or one of those channels about the lady from Texas who killed her 5 kids in the late 90s/early 2000s which got me to thinking...I've never understood people who kill others for the sake of "saving" them from something. I understand that alot of times people who do stuff like that may have some type of mental ilness but still..
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 6:38pm

I don't think selfish should be a part of the convo with suicide

it's all around tragic ... everyone involved needs help not judgement

in the past people took advantage of having the authority to commit someone for mental care ... we need a more balanced approach to getting people the help they need before it comes to suicide

outside of mental illness we need more programs to help educate people about life, relationships, finances, etc ... oftentimes we're left to experiencing things the hard way when simple instruction could have taught us what we needed

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

it is selfish when you have a wife/husband and children.  these people who commit suicide b/c they don't want to face the pressures of life after they've been laid off or are in financial ruin are extremely selfish.  why would you leave your wife/husband and children to pick up the pieces?  families stick together.

People who commit suicide are typically under extreme amounts of depression and a world of hurt. They don't really want to die, they just want to end pain they see no end to. It's selfish to tell people to suffer through a miserable life, without help, because it inconveniences you.

i agree with this in principle...if a person is a single individual then you don't owe anything to anyone.  if you have created a family and have children then you owe them the effort to seek treatment.  schizophrenics and other psychotics can't be held responsible but there are resources for depression. atleast try, put your pride to the side.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Nov 17 2012 at 6:39pm
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 6:41pm

i agree with this in principle...if a person is a single individual then you don't owe anything to anyone.  if you have created a family and have children then you owe them the effort to seek treatment.  schizophrenics and other psychotics can't be held responsible but there are resources for depression. atleast try, put your pride to the side.

Some people try and it doesn't work. There is no cure all for depression. There is also a genetic component with some cases that makes in inescapable. Others just have hard lives and tragedy after tragedy. It's easier to tell them it will get better but if they don't see that light at the end of the tunnel, they just want it to end.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 6:42pm

in the past people took advantage of having the authority to commit someone for mental care ... we need a more balanced approach to getting people the help they need before it comes to suicide

outside of mental illness we need more programs to help educate people about life, relationships, finances, etc ... oftentimes we're left to experiencing things the hard way when simple instruction could have taught us what we needed

I think the problem these days is most people refuse to acknowledge mental health as an issue. It seems like people have that "get over it and deal with your problems like everyone else has to" state of mind rather than trying to take the time to actually get the person the help they are crying out for.
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 6:46pm

I eat at Cheesecake Factory and PF Chang's, but to me they're regular restaurants, not what I consider "nice"

TCF is the GOAT after shopping place to eat

jr.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 6:48pm
that's usually when we go there

what are y'all eating at TCF that's under $25 for two people ... just cheesecake and water LOL
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 6:48pm
Thank goodness we are on to suicide and off of the discharge topic.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 6:48pm

this definitely needs to happen.  i don't understand why things like mental health aren't taught more in depth in high school health classes.  also, my high school didn't even have a home economics class as an elective...we didn't learn anything about finance, domestic issues, etc.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 297>
  Share Topic