BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Unpopular opinions 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 297>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 2.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 8:13am
i'm just curious, for my own research, can you link me to some instances when regulation has worked, tc? again, actual facts and scholarly data..

the furthest im going i can remember is 3rd century greece, and that didn't work too well...

jr.
Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 8:20am
are you serious?  first of all you need to define "worked".  because you and i seem to be on opposite ends of the spectrum with regard to the end goal.  i, for one, am not interested in these you get yours i'll ge mine...survival of the fittest darwinian ideas.  no. 

so with that said, why don't you try the opposite.  you show me cases in history in which the market regulated itself freely and fairly for the people...Smile

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Nov 14 2012 at 9:21am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 8:44am
and even if i did ultimately buy into the i'll get mine you get yours, supply vs demand (i've always had my own theories about this as well),  thought process...at this point, the necessity to regulate is no different than this need civily and criminaly.

corporations, especially since the very nature of the entity creates shelter for the actual people who control/profit from them, should have rules in place to keep them from acting a pure d fool.  as you should already know, they were eventually designed to put profit ABOVE everything else.  actually they are now required to do so legally.

to think that these structures will regulate themselves or the market will regulate them (current state) is rediculous imo.  i mean i GUESS if slates were fully wiped and we were able to somehow reset the playing field (as well as the minds  of the "market") such that every corp started from ground zero and with the same resources, market share, brand recognition ect ect...perhaps...but even then i am doubtful.

i just find it ludicrous to think a a system like this would work by just turing the "free market" switch on in this current atmosphere...

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Nov 14 2012 at 9:22am
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 8:48am
worked=did what it was intended to do and not cause any damage. all regulation is well meaning but it's always caused the reverse affect.

an example would be, again using the same example, the industrial rev. once the free market prevailed, ppl made more money, working hours were reduced, quality of life increases and children didn't need to work.....this worked until competition was eliminated due to gov't, of course.

if that's not enough, just look at the Silk Road era. you can even look in the Bible and see it. bammas brought foreign spices and stuff to compete with local merchants. the buyers were the winners.

jr.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 8:56am
Geek
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 8:57am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

corporations, especially since the very nature of the entity creates shelter for the actual people who control/profit from them, should have rules in place to keep them from acting a pure d fool.  as you should already know, they are designed to put profit ABOVE everything else.  actually they are required to do so legally.

in theory, this is perfect. in fact, it's our current system. but, TC, where would gov't find the specialized minds whom they would put in charge of their regulatory agencies? unfortunately they come from the very same industry that "needs" to be regulated, thus automatically becoming tainted.

im not making this up. check obama's and any other past president cabinet and appointees. they've all come from the very same industry that they're supposed to regulation. and in whose behalf do they operate? who gets the bailout? the recent law grad who has 200k in student loans who cant find a job or bankers, ceo's and other industrialist that took foolish risk knowing big daddy gov't would step in cus their boy is running it?

who?

they're not and have never beem good at this....how much longer are you going to defend this ineptitude?

jr.
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:14am
I don't care about the CIA scandal.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:16am

the bottom line is i don't think that is perfect lol.  in fact, historically in the USA they (corps) weren't even ORIGINALLY designed or intended to be used for that purpose.   in fact, they were used FOR the public good!

alas, we will never agree because our points of reference are obviously different....it's ok.Smile

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Nov 14 2012 at 9:20am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

they're not and have never beem good at this....how much longer are you going to defend this ineptitude?

jr.

regardless, imma just need you and your econ wizard buddies to try harder and come up with something better than the "free market".  k.  get busy....Smile

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Nov 14 2012 at 9:44am
bg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Vibrators are better than penis.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style