Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Unpopular opinions 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 293>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 2.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
starflower7 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Lol Ia Starflower in that sense.
Just because I want something doesn't mean he wants it for me.
And If. He sees it fit to take it away he will.
And it's not done to hurt me .

And just because I asked for something doesn't mean I will get it.
Sometime his answer is a resounding NO.
Doesn't mean he isn't listening to me

I agree with most of this but sometimes I do wonder if He is listening or not.
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 9:58pm
I think that's ok though.

Sometimes I feel shaken and I pray that he brings me closer to him.
And maybe my secular sins are keeping me away from him.
It's a battle but I know he is there .

Reading the Bible for me really helps.
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:00pm
People think God is not listening, because his assistance may not come in the form you want.
Your loved one may die, and you may pray for God to bring him back, but what he may do is give you the strength to endure the pain.
313chick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote 313chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

Okay, let's say he cares, then. Does he intervene? 
I felt God intervene in my life. I feel like when things do not go my way it was because it just was not meant to be or it was a bigger lesson on the other side for me to learn. I don't blame God for the problems I got myself into in the past. And when I go through things it actually strengthens my faith.
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

People who wait til the night before Thanksgiving to get the necessary groceries to cook THX-day dinner should be killed and used as fattening feed for next years Turkeys.

Wandering around the grocery store like that's the 1st time they ever been in there, asking anybody that makes eye contact about recei...recie....ingredients. I got bread, almond milk, pickles & Doritos in my basket, da fuqq kinda help you think I can give you?

LOL...

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:00pm

I think this is what we're supposed to pray for, and to worship him. I don't think prayer should be asking about petty things that don't matter in the afterlife. That's why I side eye people who say God has blessed them with material things when the Bible already says it's hard/impossible for a rich man to get into Heaven.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:02pm
I feel where y'all coming from nala and 313chick.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:04pm
Yes with that I agree.
While I don't think God wants us to be poor and struggle I do believe that ppl can let those things get in the way.
And just bc ppl are rich and well off I don't see that really as a blessing.

But I also believe that he didn't put us on earth to be unhappy so if things like college and career and things like that make us happy then he doesn't mind as long as that doesn't blind us.
But yes we are here to praise him and get closer to him because our rewards are not here.

I have to keep reminding myself of that.

Edited by jonesable - Nov 21 2012 at 10:05pm
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

I think this is what we're supposed to pray for, and to worship him. I don't think prayer should be asking about petty things that don't matter in the afterlife. That's why I side eye people who say God has blessed them with material things when the Bible already says it's hard/impossible for a rich man to get into Heaven.

What your saying is soooo true. When I flip on the tv and see two nations at war with eachother praying for God/ Allah to help them win, it makes me laugh. You think God is gonna help you spill innocent blood? Heck no. You'd have a better chance of getting support if you pray to Satan.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 10:12pm
im in that stage where im not sure about God, i know what i've been told but always being told to "have faith" is annoying. I'm seeing the righteous forsaken out here...idk...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 293>
  Share Topic