FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unpaid Intern Sues Bad Boy Record Label

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unpaid Intern Sues Bad Boy Record Label
    Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 7:01am

BAD BOY RECORDS  GET MONEY  INTERNS  RASHIDA SALAAM

Unpaid Intern Sues Bad Boy Record Label

p-diddy-ciroc11

Interns across the country are standing up for their rights. They’re mad as heck and they’re not going to take it any more! Corporations and organizations everywhere are pretty much getting free work out of interns and offering very little “hands on” learning in return.

Interns have died.

Interns are suing.

Diddy, Rashida Salaam is coming for you.

Rashida Salaam, 26, of Brownsville, Brooklyn filed a class-action lawsuit Tuesday in Manhattan federal court accusing Bad Boy Records of violating minimum-wage laws by not paying interns for work performed.

“I know that I was taken advantage of,” Salaam told the NY Post. “ “I basically wanted to take a stand for all interns who work there …You are supposed to get paid for labor that you do.”

Here’s a list of the duties Salaam and other interns were required to do:

• Get lunch and coffee for paid staffers
  • Answering phones
  • Gift wrapping presents
  • Decorating the firm’s Broadway offices during the holidays

“Past interns told me that they wrapped gifts for Diddy and his kids,” Salaam confided. “… They wrapped gifts for Diddy and decorated his tree at his office. Basically, they are happy to be there. It’s a big company.”

I wish I would wrap someone’s gifts. Unless I’m a gift wrapping intern at Macy’s, what’s the point? I highly doubt Macy’s even has gift-wrapping internships.

“You have the right to make a claim for unpaid wages even if you agreed to be classified as an unpaid intern or trainee,” said Salaam’s lawyer Jeffrey Brown.

“If the employer would have hired additional employees or required existing staff to work additional hours had the interns not performed the services, then the interns will be treated as employees and are entitled to pay.”

Corporations need to realize that interns are not free labor.  Most of these interns are trying to learn something that can benefit them in the long run and are in line with their degree pursuits. Last time I checked, getting coffee and wrapping gifts were not degrees offered at any university.

Take that, Diddy.  Give those interns some of that Ciroc money.

Edited by CherryBlossom - Aug 22 2013 at 7:24am
Sponsored Links

IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 7:07am
Uh oh.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 7:20am
“You have the right to make a claim for unpaid wages even if you agreed to be classified as an unpaid intern or trainee,” said Salaam’s lawyer Jeffrey Brown.

oh...Confused

well I take back my " Thumbs Up"...if she signed up to be an unpaid intern, then why is she surprised at not being paid?

there was a story recently of a German banking intern who died after working for three days straight.

Edited by CherryBlossom - Aug 22 2013 at 7:29am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 7:25am
U got a link Cherry?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 7:28am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

U got a link Cherry?

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 7:32am
Someone didn't prepare her for what intern life is like, huh?

In my experience as an intern if you want to learn more than just how the coffee machine works you have to take initiative. Plus it's diddy, the man that famous for the jr's cheesecake stunt, what did she really expect?

Eta: it sounds like maybe she told her friends and fam what was going on and they did a "giiiiiirrrrllll, you working for free??? Couldn't be my black azz. Diddy gotmillions why he not paying you? Girl sue!!"

Edited by HaitianDiva64 - Aug 22 2013 at 7:34am
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 7:58am
She's suing because he had her do things that he pays other staffers to do....things thats not in her job description......I aint mad.....people take advantage of those interns.....have yo ass playing secretary for free when you should be paying a bish $18/hour......

She aint gon win tho......she better find a new industry.

And is she surprised....Da Band still waiting on checks too.
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 8:00am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

She's suing because he had her do things that he pays other staffers to do....things thats not in her job description......I aint mad.....people take advantage of those interns.....have yo ass playing secretary for free when you should be paying a bish $18/hour......

all of this
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 8:00am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

All of this!!!! LOL
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 8:06am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Someone didn't prepare her for what intern life is like, huh?

In my experience as an intern if you want to learn more than just how the coffee machine works you have to take initiative. Plus it's diddy, the man that famous for the jr's cheesecake stunt, what did she really expect?

Eta: it sounds like maybe she told her friends and fam what was going on and they did a "giiiiiirrrrllll, you working for free??? Couldn't be my black azz. Diddy gotmillions why he not paying you? Girl sue!!
"

It does..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures