BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unlocking CellPhone Now Illegal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gannon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by whitrhymes whitrhymes wrote:

SMH that's BS. Switching carriers isn't the only reason people unlock their phones...

For example, sometimes carriers disable features because they want you to pay them extra to be able to use the feature when it is an included capability of the device.

Like Wifi for example, which is exactly why this law is in place. 

They want to force you to pay for a feature that comes with the phone. I'm buying unlocked phones from now on. Might even switch to pre-paid. 

Sponsored Links

Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

you really think it causes major harm to consumers TC?
i don't think so. 

it limits my choices...yes it does.

if i buy a phone and have fufilled my contract (if a discount was given on said phone), the phone is now my property and i should be able to do whatever the f*ck i wanna do with that phone. 

i can buy whatever cordless phone i want to connect to my land line...no one is telling me i can only use this or that phone...

yes, it does limit choices. but that doesn't mean it hurts a consumer. 
this really isn't a big deal. people will still unlock their phones to go from whatever place to another one. if you want to buy your phone without the contract there are many options available. 

its another discount to the discount argument. 
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

it's so weird to me when people cosign so heavily things that only benefit big business...
they exploit foreign workers make these phones for pennies and somehow buying it at a "discount" means were not entitled to do what we want with our property.
capitalism is just evill man. got y'all all *&%^$#@Eed up.
money no matter how obtained should never give big business, government, or taxpayers any say in people's personal lives or rights.

Lol. thats so hypocritical though. 
you do have a right, its your money that gives you that right. if you don't want the strings attached, its not like you're bound and gagged about it.

i choose not to shop at walmart. you can choose not to be buy an iphone that a kid killed themselves making for you. 

abstain and stop complaining.
soarlikecruz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote soarlikecruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:20pm
Of all the effed up ish going on in the country, this is what caught their attention.For real?
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:24pm
Service providers and OEM are just flexing bc they are big business right now.

Whatever
madame pink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote madame pink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:29pm
This is totally ridiculous as we owners of the phones not renters. Ridiculous.
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:58pm
Wow, and I just saw a T-mobile commercial for bringing ur unlocked cell phones over for $50 a month
Immie89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Immie89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 1:12am
Idk why y'all mad...downloading music unless you paid for it is illegal lol did that stop anyone? Nope! Continue to unlock your phones.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 1:32am
Consumer rights?

Property ownership?
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

it's so weird to me when people cosign so heavily things that only benefit big business...
they exploit foreign workers make these phones for pennies and somehow buying it at a "discount" means were not entitled to do what we want with our property.
capitalism is just evill man. got y'all all *&%^$#@Eed up.
money no matter how obtained should never give big business, government, or taxpayers any say in people's personal lives or rights.

Lol. thats so hypocritical though. 
you do have a right, its your money that gives you that right. if you don't want the strings attached, its not like you're bound and gagged about it.

i choose not to shop at walmart. you can choose not to be buy an iphone that a kid killed themselves making for you. 

abstain and stop complaining.

I'm missing the hypocrisy here?
my point is not that they are the big bad wolf for their exploitive manufacturing practices... my point is that the devices don't cost much to make, so the notion that we are bound by some sort of "discount" is ridiculous.
there are very little if ANY cruelty free electronics btw.

and you see we disagree fundamentally. you think money endows rights and I think that is more capitalist bullsh*t.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic