Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedUneven Hair ..Please help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
JanelleSpeaks View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uneven Hair ..Please help!!!
    Posted: Jul 30 2012 at 4:31pm
The left side of my hair is longer than the other. I have never had this problem in the past, but I think that when i had a weave in my hair some months ago, part of my hair was left out in the back, and maybe combing my hair accidentally, it broke off some. The left part of my hair is like armpit length ,while the right is an entire inch or so shorter! i hate it and really dont want to cut it. LOL. I know it sounds crazy, but I am trying to grow my hair to waistlength and i believe it is possible and I am willing to cut it when the right side reaches armpit length or longer. What would you do? would you cut it? I usually wear my hair in a pony tail so its really hard to tell that is uneven. 
Sponsored Links

AmberColour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2012 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by JanelleSpeaks JanelleSpeaks wrote:

The left side of my hair is longer than the other. I have never had this problem in the past, but I think that when i had a weave in my hair some months ago, part of my hair was left out in the back, and maybe combing my hair accidentally, it broke off some. The left part of my hair is like armpit length ,while the right is an entire inch or so shorter! i hate it and really dont want to cut it. LOL. I know it sounds crazy, but I am trying to grow my hair to waistlength and i believe it is possible and I am willing to cut it when the right side reaches armpit length or longer. What would you do? would you cut it? I usually wear my hair in a pony tail so its really hard to tell that is uneven. 
One side of my hair is longer also, but that's just the way it grows.
I wear my hair in a natural state so it doesn't really matter.
I do not plan on cutting it because usually it just returns to being longer.
If you wear your hair up most of the time I would not worry about cutting it right now.
But if it is breakage and not just your regular growth pattern I would cut it eventually.
Good luck with what you decide to do though.Big smile
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2012 at 8:43am
I would say just leave it be.  Unless you want to even it up by trimming, I would leave it be.
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2012 at 1:45pm
IA with the advice the ladies have given. If that's the way it grows, cutting it won't resolve it.
Find ways to play off it. You may have to part your hair more onto the right side to balance out the look a little if you wear it down. Also, play with styles where you pin one side up or back.
GL! :)

JanelleSpeaks View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2012 at 1:47pm
thanks ladies, i have worn a pony tail most of this summer because of the humidity so i wont bother for now.
Fashionista922 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2012 at 3:37pm
I think I'm in the minority here, but I would just cut and get it over with. What's the point of being APL on half of your head? 1" will grow back on average in just 2 months.
breBR3bre View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2012 at 2:39pm
I have that same problem but that's just the way my hair grows. But for me it's weird I don't notice the unevenness when my hair is down, I can only tell when it's in a high ponytail. My left side always hangs about an inch shorter than my right side. It could also have something to do with the V shape my hair grows in. 
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2012 at 9:56am
of course it is entirely possible for your hair to grow to your waist. don't think for one minute that it isn't!Thumbs Up
i'm trying to grow mine to my waist too, and i will, gosh darnit. check back with me in another two years, and i should be there, seriously.
but about your uneven length- all you can do is just wait for that side to catch up. i wouldn't cut it personally- i would just wait til your hair got to your next goal length and then trim it up to that point until it no longer was uneven. that way you get to keep your length and still achieve your goals without your hair and the way it looks aggravating you for too long.

step away from the scissors! Angry lol
Queensheba View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2012 at 5:53pm
i say leave it alone my hair is the same way if you wear it up all the time why not just trim once you feel comfortable
starshine01 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2012 at 9:54am
My hair is sorta like that too..except my hair has experience LOTS of breakage to the point some of my hair is short as f*ck and other long. Do I cut it? Of course not. Same as you, when my hair reaches a certain length I will. It's a mental thing. I'd cry if I cut my hair Cry
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic