Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Undermining our message--Trayvon Martin Spinoff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Undermining our message--Trayvon Martin Spinoff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

I'm just going by the nightly news and the murder rate, sorry.

Racism plays an overwhelmingly large part in the socioeconomic issues that lead to this murder rate. 

But if Zimmerman is found guilty, will anything change? Isn't the murder rate worthy of just as much attention? Isn't every other black murder victim just as worthy of justice as Trayvon?
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 9:02pm
I think it's actually embarrassing. It's embarrassing. I feel like no one cares about what really matters. All we care about is making a point or putting on a show. Do we really care?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 9:05pm
I feel that we are fooling ourselves by saying that we care. Others will not take us seriously when we say that we care.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 9:06pm
I care.
To be honest I was talking to some younger kids and I was shocked.
I was talking to them about our history and pride. They really don't give a damn. It's disheartening

Edited by jonesable - Jun 28 2013 at 9:08pm
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I wanna take a vacation from being black.
I need a few weeks off. 

This.

When the whole Paula Deen thing kicked off I was MAD. Like yall have no idea. I've never met this woman and I took joy in seeing her empire crumble, Lord forgive me.

But then I looked around and saw who was being mad with me and made this face Confused

Sooo many black people who will willingly support black artists/entertainers/public figures who tear down the black community in various ways and you're mad at this white woman? Why are people so eager to hold this woman accountable for her racist antics, yet won't hold our own to their colorist natures?

Giiiiirl let me get up on out of here.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 9:11pm
And if white people understood that, they would have a legitimate point. They keep bringing up the fact that black folks use the "N" word like it matters. It DOESN'T. What IS a suitable comparison is how we support black people who willingly look down on other black people. Whether it be by way of who they date/marry or some of the despicable sh*t they've said.

Let me really get up on out of here before I write an essay.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 9:16pm
I am honestly more forgiving of blacks. I don't feel that same venom against a black person. I just don't so if they say or do something I'm much more likely to forgive and am willingly for us to learn together.

Honestly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 9:17pm
I can't.

I know racism is more oppressive than colorism. But some of these people rooting for Paula's downfall were the same ones talking sh*t about Rachel Jeantel.

I cannot. Nope. If you're really about that equality life, stupid sh*t like skin tone should not matter. Until that is the case, I will not run to the defense of hypocrites.
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 9:17pm

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

I'm just going by the nightly news and the murder rate, sorry.

Racism plays an overwhelmingly large part in the socioeconomic issues that lead to this murder rate. 

But if Zimmerman is found guilty, will anything change? Isn't the murder rate worthy of just as much attention? Isn't every other black murder victim just as worthy of justice as Trayvon?

Honestly, I cant answer any of that. There are many black girls and boys who are killed everyday and never see this much fanfare. Trayvon is most certainly worthy of justice, but I dont know why this particular murder trial is the high profile one.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 9:18pm
Nor will I root for the demise of a woman who's only putting into words what so many black people adhere to. So many black people willingly adhere to a white supremacist view of their own communities but feel some kind of way when they're reminded that they will always be n**gers in people like Paula's eyes. Dat irony. I simply cannot.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>