Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 107>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Princess09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 10:21pm
for a true newbie...i want a good quality weave that lasts longer than a few months. i'm willing to pay a few hundreds for 14-16inches. i want just basic black 1b color. 

is the IndiRemi Brand good? this vid had me convinced because it's something  i would do, take out, put it back in for a few months

i would seal my wefts with *fabric glue or hair glue* to help reduce shedding. what do you all think?
Sponsored Links

MsSweetCee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsSweetCee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 12:24am
Anybody ever ordered from Queen Weave. She has free shipping and her hair looks reasonable and I've been seeing some positive reviews on YouTube. What did/ do you think of the hair?
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Princess09 Princess09 wrote:

for a true newbie...i want a good quality weave that lasts longer than a few months. i'm willing to pay a few hundreds for 14-16inches. i want just basic black 1b color. 

is the IndiRemi Brand good? this vid had me convinced because it's something  i would do, take out, put it back in for a few months

i would seal my wefts with *fabric glue or hair glue* to help reduce shedding. what do you all think?

I had this hair and it was trash. Order from a Chinese vendor if you can.
star42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 1:01pm
I am about to order hair from a vendor and I'm confused as to which hair to order. I read that the Chinese light yaki hair comes closest to relaxed AA hair. If I go with the yaki, I will order the body wave. Does this hair hold a curl? Can it be flat-ironed?

I also read that Brazilian virgin hair is the most popular and resembles AA relaxed hair. What are the differences? I don't want hair that is too silky but I want it to have a lot of movement and bounce to it. 
Princess09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by Princess09 Princess09 wrote:

I had this hair and it was trash. Order from a Chinese vendor if you can.

Yeah after doing more research, I'm set on ordering from Wagman's. Thanks
_Kai_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Kai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 8:04am
Hi all!

I'm hoping some you all could help a gal out on her quest to regain the health/length of her hair!

For the most part, I've had a healthy head of hair (texlaxed,thick, BSL) and had been taking care of it myself with no issues at all except a bit of dryness here and there during the winter months and some light breakage. It was only until one day that I decided to "treat myself" by going to the salon where my real problems began. Instead of texlaxing it like I had instructed, she went along and relaxed in bone-straight...almost to the point of over processing it :(. What even made matters worse is that she used a lot of heat and I also accumulated quite a bit of damage from that is well. So there I was, with limp bone-straight hair and a ton of heat damage to go with it. I swore off hairstylists (yet again) and tried to nurse my tresses to health. So far so good...but there have been quite a few mishaps here and there along the way and lots of trimming/cutting. I hope to grow out the bone-straight ends and have fully texlaxed hair again.

So earlier this year I decided to go on a protective style regime to give my hair a break and lay off of the relaxers and heat. I think that I'm more or less around 7 months post. So since April, I have been more or less strictly wearing braids until I decided in October to switch it up and wear weaves for a while. I've worn my current install for roughly two months now and plan to get it redone in the next couple of weeks. I plan on keeping it until late Feb/early March and see what I should do. I'm not sure if I will do another install or wear my hair out for a while and weave it up a couple of months later.But until then I have a couple of questions for you all... 

1. Are there any long-term weave wearers out there who have had success and a foolproof regime to keep their natural hair healthy? Any pros/cons? 

2. Are there any holy-grail products out there for edge control, heat protectants, moisturizers for leave out sections?

3. Partial or Full Sew-In weaves? Pros/cons? So far I have been wearing sew-in weaves with the perimeter exposed and a section of hair near my part to cover the tracks. But I have noticed that I have begun to use a lot of heat on my leave out section in order to blend it with the rest of the hair. Any tips on this?

4. Have any of you ordered hair from MyFilipinoHair aka THE FILIPINO HUMAN HAIR PROCESSING AND DEVELOPMENT CORP from Alibaba? I've just placed an order with them for their Virgin slightly coarse filipino hair in "Slightly Wavy" texture. If so, how long did the hair hold up? Were you able to reuse it for installs? Shedding/tangling?

Thanks in advanced!
kimmie1217 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kimmie1217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 12:19pm
Onyc hair Mongolian Relax. Any reviews or comments? I watched fabulasityisme video on the hair but I don't really trust YouTube gurus like that.
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 3:48pm
the front of my hair (think hairline and just a bit behind that) is SO short compared to the rest. I'm thinking it broke off badly from a relaxer. 

Until it grows back, I'm thinking of using a lace front wig. Can I take the wig off every night and put it back in the morning and expect it to look natural? 
Tangala0810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tangala0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 9:04am
What are some good weave hairstyles that would look good on me?
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 9:13am
Originally posted by kimmie1217 kimmie1217 wrote:

Onyc hair Mongolian Relax. Any reviews or comments? I watched fabulasityisme video on the hair but I don't really trust YouTube gurus like that.

I watched her review as well and the hair was gorgeous.  I just cant get down with ONYC's prices.  Im going to order that texture from a CV.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 107>