Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 104>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KierraGeRay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KierraGeRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by enamorsx enamorsx wrote:

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and I wanted to ask about full sew ins? I keep reading online that they "look fake" and that is what I really don't want. I am also noticing how a lot of people tend to purchase lace closures when they do full sew ins. Now, I for one, do not have enough $$ to buy good hair AND a lace closure and still have money left over to have it all installed. Is the closure really needed? How can the full sew look natural? 

Thanks!

I have the same concern, this is only my second time getting a weave and the first one was good but I left a portion of my hair out. I've been natural for a little over a year now and never wear my hair straight so a full sew in seems to be the only option. Is there any way to make the hair look natural?
Sponsored Links

LittleFishBigPond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleFishBigPond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 5:00pm
Hello, I recently got my first sew-in and to say the least I am not impressed. There are a few things that went wrong which heavily influenced my experience, first, me being a newbie I didn't know squat about good hair vs bad hair so I asked my stylist if she sold hair , to which she replied she had a friend that sold Indian virgin hair, and asked me what texture id be interested. I told her that I wanted 3 bundles of curly/ wavy hair (as I like a full look and am used to having big hair) but when I arrived I'm handed 2 bundles of bone straight hair... Second my hair is so flat and boring in the front but right at the crown of my head there's this lump where the bulk of the hair gathers (it looks like I was dropped as a child and my head represents line y=-2x+1) creating this diagonal deformed look. So again to say the least I very dissatisfied, but I want to know is there anything I can do to reduce this bulge? I sent a picture to my stylist after I found out about the bulge as I was primarily unaware of the issue since I cannot naturally see my head from this angle and she told me it should flaten out, but I can come in and she will flaten it for me. We were supposed to meet today to correct the issue however she then 2 hours before we're supposed to meet has another "meeting" and rescheduled me to tomorrow, which is very inconvenient for me as I had cleared out a block of today for our meeting and I see my time as being valuable. I think this is my first and last install but since I'm already $400 in the hole I may as well try to get some of my monies with and suffer through this for at least a month. PLEASE HELP A SISTA OUT!!
2ndtimearound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimearound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 5:26pm
...why cant I start new Topics in the newbie section????Angry
SwainLow1007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SwainLow1007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:01pm
Bought some "Brazilian" kinky curly hair from aliexpress.. how do you know if the hair has fillers in it? Got it in a & 14 inch..the 12 looks pretty good with minimal shedding but My 14 looks a little off its extra frizzy and not all the hair is as curly as some pieces is this a sign of fillers? Oan the 14 sheds pretty bad ..
Elaine98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elaine98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 11:08am
Hey little fish, try Facebook see if anyone in your area knows a good stylist who will correct the misdeeds.Good luck, sometimes I'd like to put these stylist in the chair and return treatment,perhaps they would have more compassion for their clients,and not do bush-league jobs!!!good luck
LittleFishBigPond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleFishBigPond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 2:09pm
I got my hair done while I was out of town visiting my parents as I am away in Santa Barbara for college. I am still in town visiting my parents until Sunday, so I fear the problem will follow me back up north as there are no black hair stylists (that I've found) in Santa Barbara, and me being an out of towner I don't really know anyone I can ask about the stylist :(. But thank you I will continue to check online for any stylists in the area.
Elaine98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elaine98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 3:02pm
also try Instagram and all the social media networks try putting out an SOS on BHM GODD LUCK
Elaine98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elaine98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 3:07pm
Instagram or other social media networks could help or SOS BHM
nyyyia99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyyyia99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 3:35pm
Anyone have any recommendations for natural kinky curly quick weaves that DONT require glue?? I have been searching for a nice quality alternative to half wigs.  I have to be able to clean and get to my scalp frequently... so a weave that is removable is my only choice. Someone I know suggested http://CoilyClips.com - Coily Clips which seem ideal but I need to see them in person as you can only order them online.

suggestions???AngryAngryAngryTongueTongueTongueTongue
lenaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 7:03pm
Does anyone with long natural hair wear short cut weaves (pixie or bob cut)? If so, how do you put it in? I want to try the short styles without cutting my own hair. I tried the wig thing but didn't really like it
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 104>
  Share Topic