Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 104>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kayelle_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayelle_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:21pm
First post here!

Recently i got my first sew in with a closure. I oiled my scalp using a color applicator and noticed the coconut oil drenched the bottom of my hair which left the bottom of my hair greasy. I tried to wash the hair 2x using Dove intensive care shampoo but it still looks greasy and stringy. What can I do to remove the oil from the hair?
Sponsored Links

kiakeke89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiakeke89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 7:54am
Anyone know anything about shunelles virgin hair I haven't seen to many reviews on the company but the ones I have seen have been great and I'm interested in purchasing
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 8:14am
Originally posted by therebellion therebellion wrote:

Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Originally posted by therebellion therebellion wrote:

Bleach bath questions:

The bleach bath is supposed to flatten the hair's cuticles, but alkaline ph values is supposed to open up/swellen the cuticle?? That is why ammoniak is used to open up the cuticle so the bleach can penetrate into the hair. And on the other hand, the acid vinegar closes up the cuticle. Can somebody maybe explain that to me?

Have you tried Silicon Mix shampoo and conditioner? I would use  bleach bath as a last and final resort. 

I have never used vinegar in a bleach bath, what are you using it for? The directions I remeber was bleach then ammonia.

No, vinegar not using within the beach bath process, but as a rinse off after a shower.

I live in Germany so i needed to order silicone mix from the internet..should be arriving soon, i am very excited since i heard the results are phenomenal!

But still...i don't really understand how a beach bath works chemically...

Its explained in the bleach bath thread sexibeach started in the lacefront section, I don't remember exact details. 
LaTreMagnifique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaTreMagnifique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Kayelle_ Kayelle_ wrote:

First post here!

Recently i got my first sew in with a closure. I oiled my scalp using a color applicator and noticed the coconut oil drenched the bottom of my hair which left the bottom of my hair greasy. I tried to wash the hair 2x using Dove intensive care shampoo but it still looks greasy and stringy. What can I do to remove the oil from the hair?

Try using a clarifying shampoo. This one is cheap (about $1.00 ) and effective. But clarifying shampoos can be drying so you should follow up with condish. HTH.

http://www.amazon.com/Alberto-VO5-Escapes-Squeeze-Clarifying/dp/B000V9M8B4
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Sephoraaa Sephoraaa wrote:

Hi ladies. I've been ordering 3 bundles from vendors every time I'd order weave. After trial and error, I've found a vendor that I really love; the only problem is that his bundles are fairly thin so I was going to order 4 bundles next time. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install more than 3 bundles at a time. Even though the bundles are thin, the wefts are quite long. Any advice on how to achieve a 4 bundle install? Also, could I do 4 bundles along with a closure?

FabulasityIsMe and Tiarra Monet did some amazing  Four and SIX bundle installs on Youtube.

kiakeke89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiakeke89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 6:02pm
You have to install the bundles very close together some and sometimes you don't have to use all the hair from each bundle it's all dependent on how thin or thick the bundles are as well as how full you like your hair
Goldengoddess11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldengoddess11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 2:19am
Ladies I know tumblr isn't the greatest place to stumble good hair for a cheap price but these hair ppl are all over. Ok can someone tell me about elitehairboutique.net?? They seem legit but I'm not sure..Them & halifaxhair.com. Reviews, experiences please!!! And what are you guys recommend for like $300??
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:53am
Originally posted by Goldengoddess11 Goldengoddess11 wrote:

Ladies I know tumblr isn't the greatest place to stumble good hair for a cheap price but these hair ppl are all over. Ok can someone tell me about elitehairboutique.net?? They seem legit but I'm not sure..Them & halifaxhair.com. Reviews, experiences please!!! And what are you guys recommend for like $300??

What kind of hair are you trying to get? I have never heard of the two sites you mentioned but I looked at the elite site and I saw Virgin Filipino bodywave and laughed and had a good laugh.
Goldengoddess11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldengoddess11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 8:58am
I don't get it.....sorry I'm new, is body wave bad?.. I see them posting pics of their hair and it looks so pretty. Ok what about Halifaxhair in Cambodian virgin hair?. I'm looking for either Filipino or Cambodian hair and I don't wanna pay an arm and a leg for it.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 9:06am
There is no such thing as Virgin Filipino bodywave , it had to be st least steam processed to get that wave pattern. Try Mane depot for filipino hair. 

that halifax site looks even more suspect than the other one, Bobby Boss closuresConfusedCry.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 104>
  Share Topic