Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 103>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CallMeLaLa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Sephoraaa Sephoraaa wrote:

Hi ladies. I've been ordering 3 bundles from vendors every time I'd order weave. After trial and error, I've found a vendor that I really love; the only problem is that his bundles are fairly thin so I was going to order 4 bundles next time. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install more than 3 bundles at a time. Even though the bundles are thin, the wefts are quite long. Any advice on how to achieve a 4 bundle install? Also, could I do 4 bundles along with a closure?

I know some ladies fold their wefts to fit in four bundles. Only installing three and saving one is always an option, too. And yes, you can do four bundles with a closure.
Sponsored Links

miszscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miszscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 11:46pm
Anyone can post recent experiences of vendors with good silk closures and fairly good amount of reviews; I can't trust it without something behind it. All of the reviews I found are two to more years old on bhm. This searching for months on end is frustrating.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2013 at 2:16am
Originally posted by Sephoraaa Sephoraaa wrote:

Hi ladies. I've been ordering 3 bundles from vendors every time I'd order weave. After trial and error, I've found a vendor that I really love; the only problem is that his bundles are fairly thin so I was going to order 4 bundles next time. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install more than 3 bundles at a time. Even though the bundles are thin, the wefts are quite long. Any advice on how to achieve a 4 bundle install? Also, could I do 4 bundles along with a closure?

If you are ordering on Aliexpress you have to watch the grams, some are selling 50 gram bundles which is only really a half of a bundle. So you might have 4 bundles in but its not really 15oz of hair. Plus if you are wearing over 18" hair, you get less hair anyway so it doesn't matter.
that_dozen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote that_dozen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2013 at 9:53pm
Can someone make a thread for me? Questions like this get lost in threads like these, or I come back and have to wade thru pages to find answers to my question

So I want to try making some wigs (or getting them made) I don't wear wigs regularly but I wanted to start adding them in to help accelerate my hair growth (retaining length). I love virgin Indian remy for my weaves, but no way I'd pay that money just to chop it into the bobs and short do's I want for my wigs. I'm wondering what imitation (i.e. Aliexpress Chinese processed hair, human blends, remi imitators) or BSS brands (bohyme, Bobbi boss, etc) would be good to use for wigs? I'm looking for hair that, if I decided to wear the wig every day, would hold up for 4-6 months. Because it'll be short, I'm hoping to find something around $60-70/pack for 12" or shorter

Edited by that_dozen - Dec 27 2013 at 9:54pm
BlaXiCaN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlaXiCaN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2013 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by that_dozen that_dozen wrote:

Can someone make a thread for me? Questions like this get lost in threads like these, or I come back and have to wade thru pages to find answers to my question

So I want to try making some wigs (or getting them made) I don't wear wigs regularly but I wanted to start adding them in to help accelerate my hair growth (retaining length). I love virgin Indian remy for my weaves, but no way I'd pay that money just to chop it into the bobs and short do's I want for my wigs. I'm wondering what imitation (i.e. Aliexpress Chinese processed hair, human blends, remi imitators) or BSS brands (bohyme, Bobbi boss, etc) would be good to use for wigs? I'm looking for hair that, if I decided to wear the wig every day, would hold up for 4-6 months. Because it'll be short, I'm hoping to find something around $60-70/pack for 12" or shorter

I've learned a quick way to navigate BHM is to go to google.com..and in the search bar copy/paste this > site:forum.blackhairmedia.com  ...then space and type what ur searching for..here's an example..

site:forum.blackhairmedia.com chinese processed hair

site:forum.blackhairmedia.com  best bss brands

this method has made it where i can find exactly what question i have thats been answered without going through all the pages of a post Embarrassed HTH
mspepsie206 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mspepsie206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 8:40pm

Just a word of warning based on personal experience. I'm coming up on my 4 year WeaveAversary.  In this journey, I've had good hair, bad hair, and learned a lot about the do's and donts of caring for a full sew in.  I am NOT by any stretch of the imagination- an expert- but I can tell you what works for me.

I know I have turned to BHCM for suggestions many times (it's why I joined the site) and I have been motivated by this last experience so much as to want to let others know. On December 13, 2013- I had a full install of Soprano brand Brazilian remi- 14 inch-27 and 30.  I did not pay my CELL phone bill today because I had to get that hot mess off my head!!!! In the FOUR years I've been wearing weaves- I have never had one that made me ashamed to go out of the house! I tried to wear a hat at work, and in fact wore a shawl draped over my head claiming to be cold. It mats, it tangles, it sheds like a collie in the desert. I can't explain how horrible this hair is.  I am very easy on hair- simple flat style, straight with a bump curl, and I wrap in satin wrap when I'm home. Cowash once or twice a week and salon once a month for pampering.

One week after install- I was at a Christmas/50th Birthday party for my exboyfriend (where you know I had to shine) while talking to my cousin, she pulled me to the bathroom and said she sat and watched my hair GROW puffy and tangle before her eyes. This hair is horrible. If someone offers it to you-RUN! I am now back in my Hollywood Virgin Remy and all is right with the world. As far as BSS hair goes- it is by far the best I've ever had. I can usually wear Hollywood for 3-6 months easy.

Thanks for letting me vent, and I hope that my disaster will help keep others from making the same mistake I did.
RynWren23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RynWren23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 6:07am
Short story: I'm having a really hard time finding a weave/weft hair in 613 platinum blonde & dying it myself is not an option. I'm looking for 18-22 inch straight Remi, Light Yaki etc hair that isn't paper thin. Ideally I'd like two packs of hair no more than $350 usd, I'm tired of buying bad BSS hair that sheds like cat hair. Does anyone know a legit brand or website to steer me in the right direction?

Longer additional story: My own hair is platinum blonde almost white. For a while I used Bobbi Boss aka BSS hair that sucks (at least for me). In Bobbi Boss I had 613 Indi Remi hair that matched color/texture wise but sheds & knots up so much it's embarrassing to comb my hair & it's a mini nest in 30 mins of combing after maybe 3 months---I baby my weaves with salon quality products too so doesn't make sense to me. I fell in love with the way Bella Dream Hair looks (just like my own but dream length long) but I've seen so many negative reviews saying don't bother. I bought Foxy Locks in a platinum shade they were great length wise (20 inch) but too fine textured for my hair which knotted & ripped out my own medium length hair so bad I'm growing my length back! :(
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:28am
Originally posted by RynWren23 RynWren23 wrote:

Short story: I'm having a really hard time finding a weave/weft hair in 613 platinum blonde & dying it myself is not an option. I'm looking for 18-22 inch straight Remi, Light Yaki etc hair that isn't paper thin. Ideally I'd like two packs of hair no more than $350 usd, I'm tired of buying bad BSS hair that sheds like cat hair. Does anyone know a legit brand or website to steer me in the right direction?

Longer additional story: My own hair is platinum blonde almost white. For a while I used Bobbi Boss aka BSS hair that sucks (at least for me). In Bobbi Boss I had 613 Indi Remi hair that matched color/texture wise but sheds & knots up so much it's embarrassing to comb my hair & it's a mini nest in 30 mins of combing after maybe 3 months---I baby my weaves with salon quality products too so doesn't make sense to me. I fell in love with the way Bella Dream Hair looks (just like my own but dream length long) but I've seen so many negative reviews saying don't bother. I bought Foxy Locks in a platinum shade they were great length wise (20 inch) but too fine textured for my hair which knotted & ripped out my own medium length hair so bad I'm growing my length back! :(

My GF uses Bohyme in platinum blonde, it does shed but you can seal the wefts. 
littlecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 1:55am
Photo hairstyle is a good choice for me!
---my home page:www.lordhair.com
tamela10289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamela10289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by essenceofbeauty essenceofbeauty wrote:

GREETINGS EVERYONE

We
are a new hair company that seeks to empower women through the depths
of hair. We sell 100% authentic virgin hair straight from the temples of
India (not China). Please check out our website at http://www.essenceofbeautyempire.com - http://www.essenceofbeautyempire.com</a>.  For any questions, contact us at info@essenceofbeautyempire.com

We Thank You in Advance!

side eye
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures