Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 103>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lucky_delight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky_delight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 2:03pm
I live in Miami and the hair store Lugo's closed down for the moment in time...if anyone is familiar with that area, do you know of any other hair stores i can go to that have the same quality of hair... i can travel to Miami, Ft. Lauderdale & West Palm Beach
Sponsored Links

lovebeautyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebeautyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 9:09pm
why don't you order online directly?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebeautyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 9:12pm
if the hair is 4oz for one bundle, 2pc is enough, if it is 100g , you will need 3 pc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebeautyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 9:15pm
two different curlWink
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:08am
Originally posted by LaurenNicole LaurenNicole wrote:

I'm not gonna start a new thread for a simple question. I really dont want to cut the ends on my sew in but what can I do to keep them moisturized and not so dry? Also, I am planning to bleach the tips some time in the future what else can I do to keep the ends moisturized and healthy?

It depends on what kind of hair it is, Indian hair doesn't like oily products. Try a good moisturizing conditioner, I will say that bleaching will only make the hair worse so really condition it.

Maybe after bleaching put the hair in a ziplock bag with the conditioner and microwave it for 30 seconds,
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 9:31am
Super silly question, but I'm in a bit of panic mode, lol. I bought 3 bundles of "Virgin" brazilian body wave hair from AE. Got in the mail yesterday, washed it and deep conditioned it. Now i have it hanging on hangers to dry. My question is: the hair looks sooooo thin. Is that what virgin hair looks like wet. The three bundles together look like it would cover a 1/4 of my head? This is my first time ever dealing with virgin hair so I don't know what to expect. When I got the bundles, they looked like 3.5 oz, the standard. But now that it's wet and drying, it looks like I have no hair at all. (The bundles I purchased were 16, 18,20 inch)

Thanks in advance for any replies. 

**I will be giving a full detail on my experience with Virgin hair purchasing and AliExpress. I have some things to get off my chest surrounding this.***
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Daymarme Daymarme wrote:

Super silly question, but I'm in a bit of panic mode, lol. I bought 3 bundles of "Virgin" brazilian body wave hair from AE. Got in the mail yesterday, washed it and deep conditioned it. Now i have it hanging on hangers to dry. My question is: the hair looks sooooo thin. Is that what virgin hair looks like wet. The three bundles together look like it would cover a 1/4 of my head? This is my first time ever dealing with virgin hair so I don't know what to expect. When I got the bundles, they looked like 3.5 oz, the standard. But now that it's wet and drying, it looks like I have no hair at all. (The bundles I purchased were 16, 18,20 inch)

**I will be giving a full detail on my experience with Virgin hair purchasing and AliExpress. I have some things to get off my chest surrounding this.***

Aliexpress is really a hit or miss. I'm assuming that the bundles are not 3.5oz as advertised...probably came with those thick rubber bands. Anywho, when you opened the bundles, did you see any section that has short pieces throughout the wefts?
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 9:37am
My second question. I know there are TONS of info on sealing wefts. I saw videos and brand recommendations. My question is does the sealant ever cause any scalp irritation? I am going to visit my local craft store and see if I can find the Aleene or the Ditz brands and give it a try. Based on all the videos that I saw, I couldn't figure out if there was one brand better than the other, so I was just curious what the most highly recommended one is lately? TIA
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 9:40am
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

Aliexpress is really a hit or miss. I'm assuming that the bundles are not 3.5oz as advertised...probably came with those thick rubber bands. Anywho, when you opened the bundles, did you see any section that has short pieces throughout the wefts?

Yup, it has SUPER thick rubber bands...and the wefts did have short pieces. ( I will be covering that issue in my review when I'm ready because I got a couple words to exchange with AE) But I'll deal with that in another post. (PrincessGrace, that thread will be for you girlie. I read your advice thread a couple days too late, but your were 100% right)

Here's my thing, before washing the hair, it was decent full 3 bundles of hair. My question, is once it's air dried, is it gonna go back to that fullness. Because I let it dry overnight, woke up this morning and still saw a meager three batches of hair, lollll. My install isn't until Friday, so I know it will have plenty of time to dry but you can imagine how nervous I feel looking at my hair bundles go from full to thin after washing and DC it.

Edited by Daymarme - Dec 18 2013 at 9:48am
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 9:46am

Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

Yup, it has SUPER thick rubber bands...and the wefts did have short pieces. ( I will be covering that issue in my review when I'm ready because I got a couple words to exchange with AE) But I'll deal with that in another post. (PrincessGrace, that thread will be for you girlie. I read your advice thread a couple days too late, but your were 100% right)

Those super thick rubber bands add on weight (CVs think they slick with that mess) coupled with the fact, there are short hairs...the hair will tangle....the hair maybe poor quality. You can seal to help prevent/ reduce shedding.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 103>
  Share Topic