Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 106>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rapunzels_arie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapunzels_arie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 1:16pm
Alibaba and the shipping it's not horrible but if it can be cut in half that's cool with me
Sponsored Links

NewNew219 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewNew219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 11:48am
Does anyone know how i can get my hair to look like hers. What kind of hair can i buy?

Her name is Beija Velez.
NewNew219 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewNew219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 11:49am
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/avatars/2/9/5/8/9/7/9/51a642af7611e_m.jpg
CallMeLaLa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 12:15am
Hey Ladies!
I tried but did not get through all 83 pages, so I am so sorry if this question has already been asked.

I recently purchased Virgin Brazilian hair.
  • Issue No. 1: It stinks! It smells like...how can I put this nicely? It smells like a woman who...cooked something...and the smell of that cuisine got in her hair and she just never washed it out. I'm sorry, but that's how it smells.
  • Anyhoo, moving on to Issue No. 2: I don't know what kind of products to buy to care for this hair. I have Shea Moisture: Moisture Retention Shampoo and Conditioner that I use on my own hair. Will that make the hair too greasy? I was thinking of buying Kanechom Shampoo and Conditioner, since that is supposedly a Brazilian brand of product. However, should I buy something else? And what kind of heat protectant should I use? Leave-in conditioner? Please help ladies!!
  • Oh, I thought I should add the texture: It's not a body wave like I usually see on aliexpress pictures, it's just a natural, flowy wave. It's very loose, more straight than wavy.

Thank you much!
chrispyxchreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chrispyxchreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 1:10am
For the smell, I've heard other hair ladies say they soak it in tomato juice and then wash it out with their shampoo. I would try washing it regularly first before going that route if you're not comfortable with doing so.

Any Organix product will be great for the hair! 
I personally use the Coconut Milk & the Moroccan Argan Creme shampoo.
Also, try Tresemme Naturals & Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. All of these can be bought at Walmart, CVS & Kroger. 

For more body, flexi rods will be your best friend. The curl will hold longer versus you putting heat on it with a flat iron or curling iron. I'm sure you know you can get these at the beauty supply store. The size of the rod you get depends on the size of the road. Smaller ones give tighter curls & vice versa.
You don't have to rule out heat completely: I've gotten great volume from some flat iron curls..or sleeping on the hair when I wasn't supposed to Disapprove (which I wouldn't typically recommend to save yourself from having to detangle too much).

Hope I could help! Smile
cupcakeroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 8:52am
how long should I wear clips in without experiencing hair damage?
Teesweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Teesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 9:17am
Originally posted by CallMeLaLa CallMeLaLa wrote:

Hey Ladies!
I tried but did not get through all 83 pages, so I am so sorry if this question has already been asked.

I recently purchased Virgin Brazilian hair.
  • Issue No. 1: It stinks! It smells like...how can I put this nicely? It smells like a woman who...cooked something...and the smell of that cuisine got in her hair and she just never washed it out. I'm sorry, but that's how it smells.
  • Anyhoo, moving on to Issue No. 2: I don't know what kind of products to buy to care for this hair. I have Shea Moisture: Moisture Retention Shampoo and Conditioner that I use on my own hair. Will that make the hair too greasy? I was thinking of buying Kanechom Shampoo and Conditioner, since that is supposedly a Brazilian brand of product. However, should I buy something else? And what kind of heat protectant should I use? Leave-in conditioner? Please help ladies!!
  • Oh, I thought I should add the texture: It's not a body wave like I usually see on aliexpress pictures, it's just a natural, flowy wave. It's very loose, more straight than wavy.

Thank you much!
heat protectant

Silk Elements...you can get this at Sally's

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 8:46pm
Yes ma'am you did help! Thank you so much!
I will try washing it with just shampoo first, because I let my mother smell the hair and she doesn't seem to smell anything.
And thank you for the product recommendations! ClapClapClap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 8:46pm
Thank you Teasweet, I have that heat protectant! ClapClapClap
LaurenNicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurenNicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 1:32pm
I have a interview tomorrow and the way she did the sew in, I can't pull my hair back unless it is n a very low ponytail with the hair covering my ears. My longest length is 20 inches so I think it is too long to wear down. How do you all suggest I wear my hair for an interview?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 106>