Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 100>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
feelblessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feelblessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Qfab4in Qfab4in wrote:

Closure for vacay question...

i already ordered my bundles, 3 brazilian deep wavy (18x2, 16).  I was thinking of getting a 14" silk freepart closure. 
Do free parts cost more?
Are silk closures "easy"?

This will be my first time ordering a closure.  I do have alopecia so my edges are a tad rugged, lol so should the dimensions, i.e 4x4, 4x5, etc matter?

In regards to vacay, I'd like to swim (snorkeling, got under waves, hop in pools aka i love the water) would/should the closure hold up?

No way

Sponsored Links

Qfab4in View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qfab4in Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by feelblessed feelblessed wrote:

Originally posted by Qfab4in Qfab4in wrote:

Closure for vacay question...

i already ordered my bundles, 3 brazilian deep wavy (18x2, 16).  I was thinking of getting a 14" silk freepart closure. 
Do free parts cost more?
Are silk closures "easy"?

This will be my first time ordering a closure.  I do have alopecia so my edges are a tad rugged, lol so should the dimensions, i.e 4x4, 4x5, etc matter?

In regards to vacay, I'd like to swim (snorkeling, got under waves, hop in pools aka i love the water) would/should the closure hold up?

No way

dag, thanks!
LaurenNicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurenNicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 3:02pm
This is my first post and this may be a silly question but I am looking to get my first weave but how do I know what type of hair to get and the color that will blend with my own hair? I know I'd like to leave my own hair out. Also, what is the difference between a partial sew in and fine in sew in and a enclosure sew in on net? I'm not sure what is best really.
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by LaurenNicole LaurenNicole wrote:

This is my first post and this may be a silly question but I am looking to get my first weave but how do I know what type of hair to get and the color that will blend with my own hair? I know I'd like to leave my own hair out. Also, what is the difference between a partial sew in and fine in sew in and a enclosure sew in on net? I'm not sure what is best really.

Its best to go to a beauty supply store to look at different colors of hair to see which matches yours. Its hard to give advice without knowing what kind of hair you have. If you are natural and want a partial sew in which is when you leave some of your hair out, you would want a texture that matches like a kinky straight or yaki at best. A full sew in is when none of your hair is left out. You can youtube some vids to get a better visual also
LaurenNicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurenNicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by keelolo1 keelolo1 wrote:

Its best to go to a beauty supply store to look at different colors of hair to see which matches yours. Its hard to give advice without knowing what kind of hair you have. If you are natural and want a partial sew in which is when you leave some of your hair out, you would want a texture that matches like a kinky straight or yaki at best. A full sew in is when none of your hair is left out. You can youtube some vids to get a better visual also
I actually just got a relaxer last week and when I would wear clip in extensions my hair would be a number two but it seems the number two varies :/ I will def. Check out youtube though! Thanks!!
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 3:56pm

Originally posted by keelolo1 keelolo1 wrote:

I actually just got a relaxer last week and when I would wear clip in extensions my hair would be a number two but it seems the number two varies :/ I will def. Check out youtube though! Thanks!!

You are welcome. I know its overwhelming when you first get into wearing extensions. SOO much to learn.
Tashline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tashline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 4:21pm
I have 2 questions, but if please help even if you can only answer one.  thanks so much!

1) is processed hair necessarily bad? I am considering buying remy kinky straight that has been processed with acid and perm for texture. Could I hope expect anything in terms of longevity and "act-rightness" LOL?

2) Would you go with a vendor who has a 97% score and 700 sales, but only 3 one word (but 5 star) ratings on the actual product you want

or 

the vendor with 93.5% score 100 sales, but 4 more detailed (4-5 star save for one 2 star) reviews plus 4 or so less detailed ones on the product you want.

Thanks so much!

SN2BPHD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SN2BPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 6:13am
Processed hair is not bad. It can however get dry. This could cause tangling also. Processed hair needs more moisture and may not last as long depending on the vendor. As far as the ratings, I am no longer an aliexpress buyer however I would look at the length of time they have been in business and if their pics looks stolen. I would then look at the ratings. Are they different or looks like they could be posted by the same person? How does the vendor reply to poor ratings? Are they defensive? Will they resolve issues?
Tashline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tashline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 6:52pm
Thank you so much!
sarafinasonor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarafinasonor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 7:15pm
I tried to read all 73 pages but i could not so i apologize if this has already been asked (my bad).
I am so new to weave- i always get braids. Does anyone know anything about jace or onyc hair. I know they are two different textures, but they are both hella expensive. Jace has the option of having medium coarse low lustre curly hair. I have not seen many reviews on this type of hair. I wonder what it feels like.

ALSO.. Onyc hair looks so nice the mongolian 4a-ish hair. Does anyone know if this hair tangles often. I had bohyme hair that blended so well with my leave out, but DAHYUM that hair tangled like it was paid to tangle per strand.
Any Help?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System